• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Blondy Nna Noukeu signs on Loan

londonshrimper.

Striker
Following on from Chris Phillips' article in the Echo about the goalkeeping situation at the club (https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/2...in-maher-looks-resolve-goalkeeping-situation/):
  • Be surprised if Arnold ever plays for the club again - this back injury doesn't sound promising, especially with his track record of injuries;
  • Collin has done well, no criticism my end - but clearly not ready for first team football at this level and we will not get out of the NL with him in goal. Needs to be shipped out on loan as Kev hoped for at the start of the season (https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/2...llin-andeng-ndi-praised-maturity-late-call/);
  • In the meantime, looks like the club will bring in a young keeper from Stoke on loan
    May be announced before KO today;
  • This will be a temporary fix. Appears we're in for a keeper on a permanent basis, but the deal will take some time to sort. Will command a transfer fee, but if we get it over the line it'll be a big statement to the rest of the league. IMO one of the best keepers at this level.
Big game today. Come on you Blues šŸ’™

Following on from Chris Phillips' article in the Echo about the goalkeeping situation at the club (https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/2...in-maher-looks-resolve-goalkeeping-situation/):
  • Be surprised if Arnold ever plays for the club again - this back injury doesn't sound promising, especially with his track record of injuries;
  • Collin has done well, no criticism my end - but clearly not ready for first team football at this level and we will not get out of the NL with him in goal. Needs to be shipped out on loan as Kev hoped for at the start of the season (https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/2...llin-andeng-ndi-praised-maturity-late-call/);
  • In the meantime, looks like the club will bring in a young keeper from Stoke on loan
    May be announced before KO today;
  • This will be a temporary fix. Appears we're in for a keeper on a permanent basis, but the deal will take some time to sort. Will command a transfer fee, but if we get it over the line it'll be a big statement to the rest of the league. IMO one of the best keepers at this level.
Big game today. Come on you Blues šŸ’™

I see from the video the loanee has played at Roots Hall before.

I disagree that Collinā€™s ā€œclearly not ready for first team footballā€. Heā€™s kept 3 clean sheets already this season, including one against the favourites (and top scorers) last time out. Maybe heā€™s not first choice for a promotion chasing side (although he looked better than the Chesterfield keeper) but he hasnā€™t looked out of place at this level.

Sadly, we have no choice, but to bring a experienced keeper in, especially Steve back issues.

Based on what I saw last Saturday Collin's a more than adequate replacement. OK he needs more experience but that will come with more games, he's a good shot stopper, good with corners and seemed to be developing a bond with our defence therefore he has my vote to continue to play and finally it's not like we are flush with money to add another wage to our clubs running costs if we bring another goalkeeper in........

Colin's 100% been a great replacement and hasn't really done much wrong, not as commanding as Steve and I worry if Colin has a clanger his confidence could be shot and it's a long season so definitely need someone with more experience

Based on what I saw last Saturday Collin's a more than adequate replacement. OK he needs more experience but that will come with more games, he's a good shot stopper, good with corners and seemed to be developing a bond with our defence therefore he has my vote to continue to play and finally it's not like we are flush with money to add another wage to our clubs running costs if we bring another goalkeeper in........
So if he gets injured, what do we do?

Everyone has their own opinion about Colin but the fact is, we can't continue with one goalkeeper. It had to, and will be addressed I believe.

Agreed Colin is a competent goalie and has done well but in some games he has been targeted by the opposition players my concerns if he got Injured we have no back up other than Demi stepping in which is not ideal.Clearly Kev and co are aware of the situation which needs to be resolved sooner rather than later

Agreed Colin is a competent goalie and has done well but in some games he has been targeted by the opposition players my concerns if he got Injured we have no back up other than Demi stepping in which is not ideal.Clearly Kev and co are aware of the situation which needs to be resolved sooner rather than later
You are right, I noticed that. Opponents know, we donā€™t have a 2nd keeper, injuries him on purpose, then they can see goals and a easy win.

So if he gets injured, what do we do?

Everyone has their own opinion about Colin but the fact is, we can't continue with one goalkeeper. It had to, and will be addressed I believe.
Yes I agree but I was not suggesting we only had one goalkeeper, my point was personally I think based on what I have seen he deserves to keep his place. Do we not have any other youth goalkeeper's on our books?

Colin's 100% been a great replacement and hasn't really done much wrong, not as commanding as Steve and I worry if Colin has a clanger his confidence could be shot and it's a long season so definitely need someone with more experience
Collin has done a really good job and the only thing he lacks is Arnold's experience. He is far better with the ball at his feet than Arnold, but that only reflects just how much a keeper's role has changed over recent years. I would stick with him, unless a better keeper than both he and Arnold becomes affordable and available.

I see from the video the loanee has played at Roots Hall before.

I disagree that Collinā€™s ā€œclearly not ready for first team footballā€. Heā€™s kept 3 clean sheets already this season, including one against the favourites (and top scorers) last time out. Maybe heā€™s not first choice for a promotion chasing side (although he looked better than the Chesterfield keeper) but he hasnā€™t looked out of place at this level.

This.

Also, the ironic thing here is that if it is Blondy Nna Noukue we sign, he has never made a single professional appearance. So not sure how he will be any more "Ready for first team football" considering he has never done it.

FWIW, we do need a backup and this is by no means a knock on young Blondy Noukue. We need him and hopefully he got a bit about him. But I would stick with Collin, a great young keeper and only going to get better.

This.

Also, the ironic thing here is that if it is Blondy Nna Noukue we sign, he has never made a single professional appearance. So not sure how he will be any more "Ready for first team football" considering he has never done it.

FWIW, we do need a backup and this is by no means a knock on young Blondy Noukue. We need him and hopefully he got a bit about him. But I would stick with Collin, a great young keeper and only going to get better.
Played a few games on loan at Crawley in the Carabao and Pizza Trophy last season.

In his 3 games for Crawley he conceded 12 goals, so I hope thatā€™s a reflection on them rather than him.

Itā€™s a bit harsh on Collin to be honest. I could understand if we were bringing in someone a few years older with lots of senior games under their belt, but not another inexperienced keeper. It seems strange.

Played a few games on loan at Crawley in the Carabao and Pizza Trophy last season.

Oh did he? That's me told again for still checking wikipedia, never accurate.

Anyway, welcome to him. Just selfishly hope Collin remains in the net.

Conceded 12 goals in 3 games for Crawley last season, and 10 in his last 3 for Stoke under 23s. Gulp.

Can we claim our award for best named goalkeepers in the league?

Collin Andeng-Ndi
Blondy Nna Noukeu

Magic!

Collin to remain in goal though until he drops a clanger or is injured/suspended. Didnā€™t put a foot wrong against Wrexham.
Made an impressive save 1st half too.

Back