• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Blondy Nna Noukeu signs on Loan

Be interesting to see if this is just to have backup and someone familiar with the team if called upon or to replace Collin. Guess we'll see who is between the sticks next match

Is this because of the money mentioned in the staff wages thread that was meant to come in soon but has been delayed to January?
If you wanna sign another side's first choice keeper they are gonna have to find a replacement before they let him go. Wonder if it's Borehamwood keeper we are after, always looks very good, Eastleigh keeper has also been linked with moves to League clubs last season.

Tha
Lol ron cant pay backroom staff wages but can sign another keeper lol! In all honesty I feel for the backroom staff and they should be paid but as long as the playing staff are getting there wages I'm happy cause at the end of the day we pay our money to watch footballers play football not the back room staff!!
t sums u up nicely Stave !🤨🤨🤨🤨

Tha

t sums u up nicely Stave !🤨🤨🤨🤨
It's an entertainment business,do u turn up Saturday to watch the admin staff?? I said it's terrible they arent getting paid but im a supporter and its what happens on the pitch that matters.

Be interesting to see if this is just to have backup and someone familiar with the team if called upon or to replace Collin. Guess we'll see who is between the sticks next match
If Collin keeps on delivering clean sheets, then given he also has more league experience, why would he not keep the shirt I guess? Develop our own first. Probably why it’s not easy to bring someone in unless they are a good proven & experienced keeper…

Lol ron cant pay backroom staff wages but can sign another keeper lol! In all honesty I feel for the backroom staff and they should be paid but as long as the playing staff are getting there wages I'm happy cause at the end of the day we pay our money to watch footballers play football not the back room staff
Good to know that you are happy but, for me, we are Southend United which includes all connected to the club.

I genuinely believe Collin is better than Dan was at the same stage of their careers. Collin is definitely an upgrade on Nathan Bishop and he went to Manchester United. I would stick with Collin, we may well have a real gem on our hands.
I like Collin a lot but even when Bentley was making his early appearances (at a step above this level) you could tell he had a bit of an X factor and would end up playing a lot higher, granted we've not seen huge amounts of Collin yet and definitely he has potential for a good pro career but probably not quite as high up the leagues!

I like Collin a lot but even when Bentley was making his early appearances (at a step above this level) you could tell he had a bit of an X factor and would end up playing a lot higher, granted we've not seen huge amounts of Collin yet and definitely he has potential for a good pro career but probably not quite as high up the leagues!
Agreed. Collin’s done very well, especially considering his age, but Bentley was something special. The best keeper in the last 20 years IMO.

We are/were lucky to have big Steve however an improvement in this League on Collin is unlikely. As has been said he’s as good and probably better than The Ox so may as well keep him as the number one, only going to get better .

Back