• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Voice Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was 3 reps of TBV in block X today, the rest was made up of fans who are meant to give positive support for the entire game. If people want to start negative chants thats their fault not the iniatiators of TBV's fault. We done what we could today to improve the atmosphere, but if others around us dont help, what can we do? Carry a few metres of duck tape and stick it over peoples mouths if they are being negative? We are doing what we can but we need positive support, not the crap we heard today.

Heres an idea why don't they rip out the seats in block x and have it as terracing? Then they can charge a cheaper price for it as well and wont be the need for over-zealous stewards wading in disrupting things.

There was 3 reps of TBV in block X today, the rest was made up of fans who are meant to give positive support for the entire game. If people want to start negative chants thats their fault not the iniatiators of TBV's fault. We done what we could today to improve the atmosphere, but if others around us dont help, what can we do? Carry a few metres of duck tape and stick it over peoples mouths if they are being negative? We are doing what we can but we need positive support, not the crap we heard today.

What you are trying to achieve is brilliant, Smiffy, TBV is a great idea and it will work given time, just need to convince the idiots that praise works better than abuse.

Indeed, i can assure you that fans that want to be negative are not welcome as part of our initative. We will soldier on and try and improve the atmosphere, if you dont want to do this, then please dont associate yourself with TBV. We are not going to let a few moaners ruin the bloody hard work we have put in so far.

Smithy Rome wasn't built in a day so nil desperandum.
However it always amazes me how people are more willing to chant "what a load of rubbish" and "where's the money gone" than being positive. Usually they sit on their hands until they can let rip. In the old days you could hire really hard leather cushions for the East stand seats. The crowd used to throw them at the players when they tried to run into the tunnel after a particularly poor performance. If they were still there today there'd been a few deaths.
It's much more difficult being positive I'm afraid.
You'll win in the end.......................I hope

Spot on Lee, We have No control on what people sing, so blaming The Blue Voice as a whole is ridiculous...Instead of moaning try getting involved like the other 3 Reps were ....We have been working on today for weeks and were in the ground before 12 to give out Balloons etc and arrange Flags. All involved worked hard today to try to improve the Atmosphere..Those knocking our efforts should take a reality check ...and instead of Knocking us, try making some effort to help.

John.

Because of "Health & Safety", the Taylor Report yada yada yada.
Not yada yada ya, Col ewe have terracing, daggers have terracing. We were only made all seater as it was a requirement for the old second division when the Taylor report came out. I think you'll find its all been relaxed now, and was never compulsory for lower league sides anyway.

Spot on Lee, We have No control on what people sing, so blaming The Blue Voice as a whole is ridiculous...Instead of moaning try getting involved like the other 3 Reps were ....We have been working on today for weeks and were in the ground before 12 to give out Balloons etc and arrange Flags. All involved worked hard today to try to improve the Atmosphere..Those knocking our efforts should take a reality check ...and instead of Knocking us, try making some effort to help.

John.

Bang on John

Guys and gals, today, and in fact every game, is not about the blue voice telling people what to do.

Do you really think the aim is to abuse players and management at the club? Seriously?

A lot of ****ing effot has gone in to this, so show some bloody respect to the organisers, such as smiffy, cricko and mcnasty. A lot of time, and definitely MONEY has been spent trying to prove that an atmosphere can be created.

TBV is not into the art of telling people they can't do this and that,

the aim is to generate a positive atmosphere, tbv do not control what people do.

The atmosphere is 99% dictated by what's on the pitch, there is only so much tbv can do.

Regarding today,

TBV should be saluted for the persistent attempts to get behind the team,

either love it or lump it folks, but that is the truth,

thanks to Smiffy and cricko and mcnasty and trueblue especially for the extra work they have been putting in so far.

You lot don't know what you've got til it's gone, so don't let that happen, support it!

Disappointed to see only handful in the section reserved for the blue voice, also disappointed to hear the negative shouts from that section.

Lets be honest - if the team plays well - we all sing, if they are sh;t then we wont, simple as that.

Nice idea but i dont see the point.

Not yada yada ya, Col ewe have terracing, daggers have terracing. We were only made all seater as it was a requirement for the old second division when the Taylor report came out. I think you'll find its all been relaxed now, and was never compulsory for lower league sides anyway.

May want to be careful before you post misinformation...we had to go all-seater because we were a Championship club in the early 90's as you say, but it hasn't been relaxed since.

As it stands, the only grounds allowed terracing (which has to be proved to be structurally sound in the first instance) are those which were built with terracing and are in League 1 and below.

No new stadiums in the football league are currently, nor will they ever be allowed any section of terracing.

Spot on Lee, We have No control on what people sing, so blaming The Blue Voice as a whole is ridiculous...Instead of moaning try getting involved like the other 3 Reps were ....We have been working on today for weeks and were in the ground before 12 to give out Balloons etc and arrange Flags. All involved worked hard today to try improve the Atmosphere..Those knocking our efforts should take a reality check ...and instead of Knocking us, try making some effort to help.

John.

John and Smiffy - I wasn't knocking your efforts believe me. I have been in support of the Blue Voice from the beginning but it did seem to get hijacked today by a small section of so-called fans.

Most of us in Block V were trying to be supportive but it ended up with us shouting at these idiots.

John.

Well exactly.....

Disappointed to see only handful in the section reserved for the blue voice, also disappointed to hear the negative shouts from that section.

Lets be honest - if the team plays well - we all sing, if they are sh;t then we wont, simple as that.

Nice idea but i dont see the point.

sorry to be negative :) but that's not the point. My logic is this

If you support Blues wanting to watch good football all the time you've chosen the wrong team.
Chanting positively is more fun than watching even good football (which we
the time to sing loudest IS when they are playing the crappiest. It drowns out the moaners and takes your mind off the cack on the pitch.

BUT it takes a lot of bottle to start singing after you go 1-0 down. But that's what you have to do.

Tried me best today with the drumming (Arms were hurting and head banging after new year) Hope you all had a good one....

The first half was a good effort by all, second half enough has been said about it.

But anyone that really wants to push forward to positive asspect please come and join us in the TBV section.

Just like to say well done to Smiffy Criko and Scaps....top blokes

COME ON YOUR BLUES......F.A. Cup run contiues saturday =]

I thought we were great today in the blue voice section and put in alot of effort, flags, balloons and lots of noise. It's a shame that the stewards have to go over the top and eject 2 people who did nothing wrong, thats why the negative chants came out. Well done to everyone who made an effort today

I sit in the west stand and have done with my dad for many years. whilst I can see the efforts are good trying to increase the atmosphere, the usual idiodic chants from the normal t**ts are again all to evident. I have no idea if the moronic chants were coming from the Blue Voice, but I for one am sick and tired of the f**king morons that sing things that will only have a negitive effect on the players. these things today being :

Singing Flavs when Collis had teh ball ( nice touch !!)
Booing Hunt
Singing Hunt was not fit to wear the shirt
Singing "sing your hearts out for the lads" , instantly followed by a rendition of "what a load of rubbish" !!!
Signing if RM was "Jobson in disguise" ?

To sit through 45 minutes of the above , at home, is a f**King disgrace !!!

If this is not the Blue voice, your job is top drown out these chants - not join in with them, until you sing over these people, your efforts will be pointless !!

it wasnt an initial dig, but it was pretty much comming from the "singing section" unless i need to get my eyes tested. No people cant have control over what people chant, but it was pretty obvioius that as soon as it was going wrong the section started to turn against the team. There were several digs aimed at players, management and board, and i was just saying how dissapointed I was after all the hype and organisation that had gone into it, and once again the accoustics of the North bank saw the blues outsung.

Obiovusly you will defend the blue voice as its something you have become passionate about after alot of organisation and im not knocking that. But the negative chants we're clearly heard in the east comming from that section

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back