• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why go to the Echo with who we missed out on! I'd rather hear about who we get. Hope this isn't just a smokescreen to look as though we're trying, then get nobody!

In the past people have moaned that we don't let people know what is going on.

It's the same story every transfer window. Was Matt Tubbs last year, Izale Mcleod this summer, now Forrester.
We were never going to get Mcleod. One of the top goal scorers of league one was always going to require a sizeable fee, something we could never afford and again Brown went on and on about how he wanted him, same story here.
I honestly believe, as you say, it's a smokescreen. Just makes the fans think we are doing something and yet we all no if we sign someone it will be a youngster from a prem side at the end of January.
I don't have a problem with that kind of player but please don't go on about players you never had a chance of signing.

Rudi Vata, Johnny Extstrom, the guy at Motherwell tha went to Rangers, Lenny Pidgeley when released by Chelsea......

Forrester was a luxury player at Rovers, with a poor attitude. He didn't start many games under Paul Dickov, and only had a couple under Ferguson. Also he doesn't fit into our new system. Very few Rovers fans are sorry to see him go, never realizes his potential. I think he would have caused more problems for you than he solves. I think you are better without him.

Back