• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Feeling a whole lot more positive today about potential signings.

Quality over quantity seems seems to be the strategy - be good if some of the promising youngsters such as Wabo, Balotkwa, Coutts etc can be given a chance. They can learn so much by playing with some of the senior pros in the team now.

Bring it on!

UTBs

Plot twist - could the midfielder in Scotland be Anton Rodgers? Released from Swindon, and currently training with his dads celtic team, even impressed in a friendly run out the other night. Not "on the books" as such but could fit the player described.

Plot twist - could the midfielder in Scotland be Anton Rodgers? Released from Swindon, and currently training with his dads celtic team, even impressed in a friendly run out the other night. Not "on the books" as such but could fit the player described.

Highly unlikely as (a) he's not a creative midfielder who can play wide, (b) he wasn't playing in Scotland last season and (c) he isn't currently on the books of a Scottish club.

A few weeks ago Brown was reported as saying he wanted a squad of 19-20 with the youngsters backing up.

I make it currently 15 (if you don't include Bridge and count Harry Kyp as a youngster) so 4 or 5 in and back up of
7 (5 new pros plus Dan Mats and Harry Kyp)

Hendrie &Turner, leaves room for 3 more as well as any replacement for Lenny should he go

Last edited:
A few weeks ago Brown was reported as saying he wanted a squad of 19-20 with the youngsters baking up.

I make it currently 15 (if you don't include Bridge and count Harry Kyp as a youngster) so 4 or 5 in and back up of
7 (5 new pros plus Dan Mats and Harry Kyp)

Hendrie &Turner, leaves room for 3 more as well as any replacement for Lenny should he go

Maybe why we aren't scrabbling around signing 8 players like other teams that struggled last year ... a more controlled approach targeting players he 100% wants to add to our squad

Ok just wanna throw another name out there 2+2=5 Liam Lindsay 21 year defender who recently came close to joining Oxford and plays for Partrick Thistle, we also play them in our first pre season friendly when we return from Spain, I accept the 300k price tag makes it seem more unlikely...

Ok just wanna throw another name out there 2+2=5 Liam Lindsay 21 year defender who recently came close to joining Oxford and plays for Partrick Thistle, we also play them in our first pre season friendly when we return from Spain, I accept the 300k price tag makes it seem more unlikely...

Thought he signed for Barnsley last week?

EDIT: Confirmed....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40376026

What's soccer?

It's a **** game Americans play... MLS is a horrible league made up from a mix of world class stars and non league level players, I gave up watching because the referee standards are dreadful. I prefer to get my football fix by watching the Lakeland tropics they are in a development league and much more entertaining...... GO TROPICS...:clap::clap::clap:

I'm still surprised we're putting resources into that position but fair play, he's a good player.

Echoes of two years ago when we signed a full-back who'd looked classy going forward in a brief loan spell with us, despite having an established player under contract at that position.

Hopefully this one has a happier ending as he's the first signing in a while with potential resell value.

Echoes of two years ago when we signed a full-back who'd looked classy going forward in a brief loan spell with us, despite having an established player under contract at that position.

Hopefully this one has a happier ending as he's the first signing in a while with potential resell value.

Maybe Hendrie is going to play on the right wing!!!!

PB has said he believes Hendrie has all the attributes to be successful in a more advanced role. So I think he believes playing both not an issue- frankly with issues and squad size have adaptable players with the ability to play in more than one position is key.

Back