• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emotions are running high and with that logic tends to go out the window and memories get shortened

We still don't know what has been hapening in the background. Maybe Ron could get together the £660,000 but not the £2.1 million in the new time scale. Maybe he was genuinely very very close , but it didn't come off. Maybe he hasn't tried at all.-- none of us know

in the coming days/weeks more info will come to light. lets remember that we still don't know all the facts yet - just the end result. We want and deserve answers lets hope we get them.

I know the facts he has had 3 months to come up with this payment and it is less than 24 hours until we lose 10 points and any credability he had.

theres me thinking martin was not in the same class as jobson and johnson how wrong i am it will take a bit of magical work tomorrow or the blue square premier bekons in a couple of seasons

Let's be honest, none of us know the specifics of the deal. It sounds like a deal with this group isn't out of the question. It was never in a million years going to be done before Wednesday though and I think everyone must have known that.

Like many others on here I have been extremely 'pro Ron' in my stance almost to the point of blindness. You can talk about the recession and bad timing till the cow's come home but surely, surely the first bill you pay in any business is the Tax. When we have the points deducted tomorrow and 'if' by some miracle RM manages to stay in control of the club for the forseable future, how many of us we welcome him to Roots Hall? Surely his position will (has) become impossible?

Emotions are running high and with that logic tends to go out the window and memories get shortened

Mine hasn't been.

"Further to the Club's statement (see below) dated two weeks ago I am pleased to report that at today's hearing the petition, as anticipated, was adjourned until the 28th October 2009.

In advance of that date the historic debt to the Revenue will be discharged as always planned." - Ron Martin, 29th July 2009

The clock is ticking Ron...

Mine hasn't been.

"Further to the Club's statement (see below) dated two weeks ago I am pleased to report that at today's hearing the petition, as anticipated, was adjourned until the 28th October 2009.

In advance of that date the historic debt to the Revenue will be discharged as always planned." - Ron Martin, 29th July 2009

Well found....and more spin.

My understanding is that assuming HMRC do not extend the time limit and RM does not have the money by either Banker's Draft or has paid by Telegraphic Transfer by 9.30am tomorrow,all power will be transferred to the administrators(Baker Tilly,I believe).The administrators will have 2 main objectives,to secure their own fee (always top priority!) and then to satisfy the creditors as far as possible.The Consortium will be able to by-pass the present Board and negotiate directly with the administrators.

Lets get real here people..I had faith in Ron to ..this is the last hours we face without losing 10 points and the promise Ron always gave us that we would not face administration again whilst he was in control. FBM and I have always sided with RM, I guess as we have known the background more than most....This is IMO a sad day for the club and it seems RM will take it on the chin after a period of to many lies and deceit..

Pretty much the way I see it John, I'm not bothered about such "statements" about the mythical war chest, or whatever.

However what does rankle badly with me is the promise he made on the pitch at Roots Hall, the "We'll never let you down" sadly it seems he has.

What I do care about is the survival of our club not only for the current generation, but future ones when us coffin dodgers finally shuffle off this mortal coil.

I've loved SUFC from the moment I first went to Roots Hall in 1962, I've great & sad memories, I've had some great friendships and forged more through the venerable organ of this site.

All I know is the club must survive, we as supporters must fight for the essence of the club.

UTB

Harry

Our future will not become clear tomorrow. I fear a long wait. What is clear is that RM needs a business partner with considerable wealth, and quickly. I don't think the 10 unknowns are likely to trade with RM, or him with them.

Pretty much the way I see it John, I'm not bothered about such "statements" about the mythical war chest, or whatever.

However what does rankle badly with me is the promise he made on the pitch at Roots Hall, the "We'll never let you down" sadly it seems he has.

What I do care about is the survival of our club not only for the current generation, but future ones when us coffin dodgers finally shuffle off this mortal coil.

I've loved SUFC from the moment I first went to Roots Hall in 1962, I've great & sad memories, I've had some great friendships and forged more through the venerable organ of this site.

All I know is the club must survive, we as supporters must fight for the essence of the club.

UTB

Harry

Well put mate!

Mine hasn't been.

My whole point is none of us know what has been going on .
ie- maybe Ron had agreement from a bank to lend us the money and they changed their mind at the last moment . Unlikley I don'jt know , but surely surely he had a plan and hasn't known for months that he had no plan and that this was 100% going to happen. Surely this can't be it ????

people are making it sound like he is a pregnant teenager hoping it was going to go away and the baby is due tomorrow and the parents have just found out.

UTB

Harry

Good words Harry, make you sound almost Churchillian.
MTCEnglish.gif

That's right, heard it on BBC ESSEX at about 5 today. When we now go into administration (don't believe it to be a question of 'if' anymore) the consortium can just waltz in and take control of the club from HRMC.
i read that in the echo so there must be a little truth in it

Back