• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whatever credibility Ron has built up over the past 3/4 years, has today been lost for two reasons.
Firstly, the immense web of lies and deceit that has been spun to the fans, shareholders and lest we forget, the club staff, has given us all false hope and security, and has also (possibly) undone Tilly's six years of hard work and progress.

Secondly, Ron Martin has muddied his reputation as a businessman, probably beyond repair. The first rule of business is that whatever you do, whatever you make and whatever you owe, you ALWAYS always find money to pay the taxman first.

I have such mixed emotions at present that I don't really know how to best release them. Im lucky I have a boxing gym next door!

Well that is hardly likely at the moment considering the offer is about to run out..Ron IMO will never give up and fair play to the man..But even the Titanic sunk.
:cool:that is exactly my point... A deal could have been done, with appropriate warrantees and guarantees. Someone stopped this from happening, either from sufc or consortium. Perhaps RM playing hardball regarding relationship between consortium and sel?

I have such mixed emotions at present that I don't really know how to best release them. Im lucky I have a boxing gym next door!

Indeed, at the end of the day the club is all that matters. I guess the truth will come out about Ron one way or the other.

Did anyone honestly think RM would be edged out of here for £1?

I most certainly did not. My anger is not that he hasn't accepted the £1 but at the way the wool has been pulled over peoples' eyes. I appreciate that it is a business and that there are certain things that must remain commercially secret but he has made such a big thing of being the "fans' chairman" with the blog and all that other BS. When it now comes out that things are not as we have been told, it's no wonder that people are angry and want answers.

:cool:that is exactly my point... A deal could have been done, with appropriate warrantees and guarantees. Someone stopped this from happening, either from sufc or consortium. Perhaps RM playing hardball regarding relationship between consortium and sel?

I would say you are 100% spot on..after 10 years Ron is not going to chuck it all in now,he has to much to lose.

This may well be his downfall , let's hope not.

My biggest gripe is that , in front of a couple of hundred shareholders, we were told in answer to the question "Have you got the tax money?" the answer was "No, but I will have". If the money hasn't been found -- why not if he was so sure, and if he has raised the dough why leave it so late ?

I would say you are 100% spot on..after 10 years Ron is not going to chuck it all in now,he has to much to lose.

This may well be his downfall , let's hope not.
Ego being the biggest problem. I see it all the time unfortunately, the emotional takes over the logical.

My whole point is none of us know what has been going on .
ie- maybe Ron had agreement from a bank to lend us the money and they changed their mind at the last moment . Unlikley I don'jt know , but surely surely he had a plan and hasn't known for months that he had no plan and that this was 100% going to happen. Surely this can't be it ????

people are making it sound like he is a pregnant teenager hoping it was going to go away and the baby is due tomorrow and the parents have just found out.

My point is that, whatever has been going on .................if tomorrow we go into administration we're screwed ............AND HE AND HIS BOARD ARE RESPONSIBLE.................END OF!

So admin come in, we get ten points deduction, what then Martin not in charge of Southend anymore, but still heads Sell that own Southend. Sorry im having trouble getting my head round ins and outs of this

This is not particularly a rose tinted post more sheer bloody minded, BUT, I think to be perfectly fair, the deadline was always going to be taken right to the wire. If RM does manage to come up with the money at this very late hour, are people going to retract some of the vitriol that's been expounded, today in particular? He has said repeatedly that he WILL pay this money, my personal view is that he has far too much to lose now if he doesn't. His personal finances are far too closely interwoven with the Club now for him to want to do anything OTHER than stay involved.

I refuse to join in the character assassination just yet, the game is not over, the ball is still in play, we may be about to face a penalty shoot out but we're facing it head held high and armed to fight - that's what I believe anyway. I'm nowhere near as cynical as some of you, I refuse to give up on Ron's vision of a promised land just yet.

I'll leave you for now with this thought, this song from The Mamas and the Papas, with the reminder that "the darkest hour is just before dawn"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OrLgsW6YDw

These guys went for it and failed, they know that when we are in admin they will try again and in all probability succeed, so does Ron, therefore Ron needs to avoid admin. (i think) UTB IN TILLY & BRUSH WE TRUST.

This is not particularly a rose tinted post more sheer bloody minded, BUT, I think to be perfectly fair, the deadline was always going to be taken right to the wire. If RM does manage to come up with the money at this very late hour, are people going to retract some of the vitriol that's been expounded, today in particular? He has said repeatedly that he WILL pay this money, my personal view is that he has far too much to lose now if he doesn't. His personal finances are far too closely interwoven with the Club now for him to want to do anything OTHER than stay involved.

I refuse to join in the character assassination just yet, the game is not over, the ball is still in play, we may be about to face a penalty shoot out but we're facing it head held high and armed to fight - that's what I believe anyway. I'm nowhere near as cynical as some of you, I refuse to give up on Ron's vision of a promised land just yet.

I'll leave you for now with this thought, this song from The Mamas and the Papas, with the reminder that "the darkest hour is just before dawn"

I have always been pro-Ron but if the money is found before the deadline tomorrow I certainly won't be apologising or retracting anything I have said over the last couple of days. Ron and his cronies have put us through a week of hell and it's still not over. This football club belongs to the town and they would do well to remember that, the Non-statement that was released on the OS a short while back was (for me) at least the straw that broke the camels back. We deserve more than that. The town deserves more than that and MY and many, many others family historys deserve more than that.

I'm so angry I'm close to tears.

This is probably one of your best ever posts!!! *faints* And I agree with you.

Spot on.

RM has saved us before, he delivered us Championship football, and has got us closer to FF then ever before.

He has invested too much of his own money and time into this project, and what with his finances being tied into the Clubs effectively, I still have hope that he pulls through to us.

Fingers crossed I'll be on here at lunch time tomorrow joining in the praise of RM.

I have always been pro-Ron but if the money is found before the deadline tomorrow I certainly won't be apologising or retracting anything I have said over the last couple of days. Ron and his cronies have put us through a week of hell and it's still not over. This football club belongs to the town and they would do well to remember that, the Non-statement that was released on the OS a short while back was (for me) at least the straw that broke the camels back. We deserve more than that. The town deserves more than that and MY and many, many others family historys deserve more than that.

I'm so angry I'm close to tears.

Yes, but I think this where internet forums do not help matters. It just stirs things up and everyone winds each other up more and more with rumours that have been heard etc...

Fact is that the last official statement (before todays) said that RM is looking to get things sorted but that it will be going down to the wire. That wire is tomorrow. Lets wait and see what happens first before we all get worked up into a frenzy.

Back