• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boris - Good or Bad

Simple GHG, he championed himself as being the politician that would be honest and be true to his word, and though his principles maybe different to mine, he has come out no better or even worse than those he states are the problem with politics
You may believe in his principles at as UKIP supporter but surely even you must find he turn around as double standards or are you so blind to allow him to stand again and be like 99 % of MPs
Surely this new party on that turn around is no different to others and play the game with words, spin and deceit

UTS
He owes me £30 too. I went to Thanet purely because backing votes against him was on the promise that he would quit as leader, I want my train fare back the lying ****.

Back on topic though - Boz has come out today threatening a congestion charge around Heathrow if it gets an expansion. He says he doesn't want to do that but will because...the rest is a bit wishy washy but seems to be still sulking that Boris Island got kicked into touch. Is he ever going to let that drop or will he continue to throw our money at it despite it being rejected many times before.

Back on topic though - Boz has come out today threatening a congestion charge around Heathrow if it gets an expansion. He says he doesn't want to do that but will because...the rest is a bit wishy washy but seems to be still sulking that Boris Island got kicked into touch. Is he ever going to let that drop or will he continue to throw our money at it despite it being rejected many times before.

Boris is presumably kicking off about Heathrow because, now he's part of the cabinet, if the government moved to endorse Heathrow he'd be placed in a very tricky situation because of collective responsibility. It's a very cunning move from Dave.

You wait until he gets his 'I'm in the cabinet' hat on, all that networking and smooging, Boris Island may yet float.

Simple GHG, he championed himself as being the politician that would be honest and be true to his word, and though his principles maybe different to mine, he has come out no better or even worse than those he states are the problem with politics
You may believe in his principles at as UKIP supporter but surely even you must find he turn around as double standards or are you so blind to allow him to stand again and be like 99 % of MPs
Surely this new party on that turn around is no different to others and play the game with words, spin and deceit

UTS

He did resign but was asked by the NEC to reconsider which obviously, he has. And for what it's worth, I'm begining to get the serious hump with the whole UKIP thing especially since they are now taking digs at their only MP. I can see Carswell going straight back to the Tories if they carry on. Anyway, nothings going to change unless this country adopts PC and I don't see that happening in the very near future.

The party of family values with a serial womaniser at the helm?

I don't think anyone believes that. As an aside I'd be much more inclined to vote for a party that stopped banging on relentlessly about hard-working families.

Great news.

The congestion charge was easily Ken's greatest achievement. Just a shame it wasn't extended to taxis as well. Boris definitely needs to increase it again though.

He did resign but was asked by the NEC to reconsider which obviously, he has. And for what it's worth, I'm begining to get the serious hump with the whole UKIP thing especially since they are now taking digs at their only MP. I can see Carswell going straight back to the Tories if they carry on. Anyway, nothings going to change unless this country adopts PC and I don't see that happening in the very near future.

Total respect for Carswell if true

UTS

I don't think anyone believes that. As an aside I'd be much more inclined to vote for a party that stopped banging on relentlessly about hard-working families.

Great news.

The congestion charge was easily Ken's greatest achievement. Just a shame it wasn't extended to taxis as well. Boris definitely needs to increase it again though.
I agree with the C charge too, but he claims not to want to extend it but will if he doesn't get his choice of airport.

He has fallen out with sections of the party over his reluctance to employ 15 members of staff at the taxpayers expense apparently

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/news/douglas-carswell/

He owes me £30 too. I went to Thanet purely because backing votes against him was on the promise that he would quit as leader, I want my train fare back the lying ****.

So you spent your own money to ensure a Tory election win.

By the way as Boris will be the next PM what don't you like about Boris Island? or would you prefer expansion at Heathrow.

So you spent your own money to ensure a Tory election win.

By the way as Boris will be the next PM what don't you like about Boris Island? or would you prefer expansion at Heathrow.
I was canvassing anti UKIP, the Tory win was an unfortunate side effect.

What I don't like about Boris Island is its nickname (if Boris Bikes had been known as Barclays Bikes maybe they would have paid more than 50% of the sponsorship money that Boris claimed they had agreed to) but mainly the fact that at each stage of decision making his scheme has been rejected by the experts and he keeps throwing more taxpayers money at the dead duck.

I was canvassing anti UKIP, the Tory win was an unfortunate side effect.

What I don't like about Boris Island is its nickname
(if Boris Bikes had been known as Barclays Bikes maybe they would have paid more than 50% of the sponsorship money that Boris claimed they had agreed to) but mainly the fact that at each stage of decision making his scheme has been rejected by the experts and he keeps throwing more taxpayers money at the dead duck.

You weren't the only one, that own goal happened on a national scale.

You object because of a nickname, God help us if there was ever a 'Farage Freeway'

Some of these 'experts' are acting for the keep Heathrow brigade. One of my favourite lines is we will lose thousands of Jobs if we build an estuary airport..

You weren't the only one, that own goal happened on a national scale.

You object because of a nickname, God help us if there was ever a 'Farage Freeway'

Some of these 'experts' are acting for the keep Heathrow brigade. One of my favourite lines is we will lose thousands of Jobs if we build an estuary airport..
Not sure where you heard that line from unless it was a consequence of closing Heathrow which would lose jobs in that area.

I don't really object because of the name I just used it as an excuse to remind people of his financial mismanagement of the bike scheme.
Farage already has the weekend named after him - 'doing a Farage' is where you quit a job on a Friday and then start it again on the Monday. Most of us make less of a deal about not working for two days at the end of the week.

The point is that the taxpayer has paid for various commissions that have rejected Boris' scheme and he still won't take no for an answer. I think he should pay for any further propping up of that idea out if his own pocket as it's just a money pit.

Not sure where you heard that line from unless it was a consequence of closing Heathrow which would lose jobs in that area.

I don't really object because of the name I just used it as an excuse to remind people of his financial mismanagement of the bike scheme.
Farage already has the weekend named after him - 'doing a Farage' is where you quit a job on a Friday and then start it again on the Monday. Most of us make less of a deal about not working for two days at the end of the week.

The point is that the taxpayer has paid for various commissions that have rejected Boris' scheme and he still won't take no for an answer. I think he should pay for any further propping up of that idea out if his own pocket as it's just a money pit.

For long term planning and especially safety the Boris scheme is the best idea.

Back