• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boxing rumours - Hatton/Khan/Haye

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Few little bits I've seen/heard regarding the above fighters - TBH I had to check it wasn't April 1st

Hatton - Whilst Oscar De La Hoya was over here for the Khan fight at the weekend, he offered Hatton a chance to fight Erik Morales in Vegas for a substantial amount of money. This comes just days after Hatton anounced his retirement, but he is rumoured to be mulling over the offer......

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...tempted-by-comeback-bout-against-erik-morales

Khan - Article on SSN website claims Khan is getting ready for Pacman.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6882946,00.html

Haye - Absolutely no foundations to this one, but apparently the Mill Stad has now been thrown into the equation as a possible venue for his fight with Klitschko.

Few little bits I've seen/heard regarding the above fighters - TBH I had to check it wasn't April 1st

Hatton - Whilst Oscar De La Hoya was over here for the Khan fight at the weekend, he offered Hatton a chance to fight Erik Morales in Vegas for a substantial amount of money. This comes just days after Hatton anounced his retirement, but he is rumoured to be mulling over the offer......

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...tempted-by-comeback-bout-against-erik-morales

Haye - Absolutely no foundations to this one, but apparently the Mill Stad has now been thrown into the equation as a possible venue for his fight with Klitschko.

Hatton's spent. He'd be foolish to get in the ring again and risk is health.

PacMan would take Khan to pieces if Saturday was anything to go by.

I can't Klitschko fighting Haye in the UK or US unless it's absolutely necessary. He'll only fight in Germany.

I can't Klitschko fighting Haye in the UK or US unless it's absolutely necessary. He'll only fight in Germany.

Yep I agree with it all. Hatton's days are gone, I think his confidence is also shot to pieces, and that would put him at serious risk, if he stepped back in the ring. That said, if it were to happen, I'd be one of the first in line to get tickets.

I actually posted about the Khan Pacman fight on the other thread (Haye v Klitschko seemed to be becoming a general boxing thread)

What he said. Haye only needs to look at his fight against Manny Pacquiao to realise that the key elements in confidence, desire and belief have all gone. It would stink of another pay day. He's still mostly remembered as a decent fighter, these comebacks will only blemish that memory.

Yep I agree with it all. Hatton's days are gone, I think his confidence is also shot to pieces, and that would put him at serious risk, if he stepped back in the ring. That said, if it were to happen, I'd be second in line to get tickets.

Edited for accuracy! :smile:

What he said. Haye only needs to look at his fight against Manny Pacquiao to realise that the key elements in confidence, desire and belief have all gone. It would stink of another pay day. He's still mostly remembered as a decent fighter, these comebacks will only blemish that memory.

I'm assuming you mean Hatton? :)

Anyway, yep I can definitly see and understand that point, but Hatton has made close to £50m, and doesn't lead an extravagent lifestyle, so I can't believe he's driven solely by the money factor. Hatton has said before, he'd hate to retire on the back of a loss, and he wants one more fight to say 'thank you', to his fans.

Edited for accuracy! :smile:

One thing's for sure, if The Hitman had one last fight, i'd be there. I'd dare say Hatton might want it in the UK (Manchester again or possibly Wembley) but Oscar said Vegas. Trust me, there's nothing better than X amount of Brits descending on Las Vegas for a boxing match. It is unbelieveable. Think of the best away day you've ever done, then times it by 100.

Oh yes, I'd definitly be there.

I'm assuming you mean Hatton? :)

Haha - damnit, had the other thread on my mind - easily confused you see.

Anyway, yep I can definitly see and understand that point, but Hatton has made close to £50m, and doesn't lead an extravagent lifestyle, so I can't believe he's driven solely by the money factor. Hatton has said before, he'd hate to retire on the back of a loss, and he wants one more fight to say 'thank you', to his fans.

True, but it'd only be a thank you if he won. looking at him now, I woyuld imagine it would take a considerable amount of time to get back into a competative state of fitness. If Morales isn't prepared to wait, it could see Hatton rushing back into the ring and possibly embarrassing himself. I hope if he comes back, he takes the time and consideration to prepare himself properly for it. I think I'd rather he stuck by his decision to call it a day.

One thing's for sure, if The Hitman had one last fight, i'd be there. I'd dare say Hatton might want it in the UK (Manchester again or possibly Wembley) but Oscar said Vegas. Trust me, there's nothing better than X amount of Brits descending on Las Vegas for a boxing match. It is unbelieveable. Think of the best away day you've ever done, then times it by 100.

Oh yes, I'd definitly be there.

Yeah, that sounds amazing, but are you sure Vegas is better than Swansea??

Latest rumours/news, Tim Bradley has turned down a $1.4m contract to fight Khan.

Subsequently, Khan's camp has turned it's attentions to Zab Judah, and talks are apparently "in the works".

Latest rumours/news, Tim Bradley has turned down a $1.4m contract to fight Khan.

Subsequently, Khan's camp has turned it's attentions to Zab Judah, and talks are apparently "in the works".

Judah has previous form in narrow losses to good boxers, Cotto in the 11th after a TKO, and the low-blow-gate against Mayweather which lost him his license for a year and a hefty fine.

I had to look up what he'd done recently, and it doesn't seem much. Looks like Camp Khan are picking another boxer on the way down. A shame as I would of liked to have seen how he would of coped against Bradley.

Judah has previous form in narrow losses to good boxers, Cotto in the 11th after a TKO, and the low-blow-gate against Mayweather which lost him his license for a year and a hefty fine.

I had to look up what he'd done recently, and it doesn't seem much. Looks like Camp Khan are picking another boxer on the way down. A shame as I would of liked to have seen how he would of coped against Bradley.

True, but it has to be done. Bradley is the one who's declined the contract (must admit i'm not sure why). Therefore Khan's people have to look elsewhere, and being honest, there really is no other choice. The top ranked fighters at 140lbs are Bradley, Kotelnik, Maidana, Devon Alexander, and Khan himself. He's fought two of those already, and Bradley isn't interested, so his only real options are -

- Face Devon, (wouldn't attract enough attention)
- Rematch against a previous opponent (a complete pointless setback)
- Take on Judah (would generate PPV interest)
- Step upto 147 (not ready imo)

TBH I would expect Khan to be stepping upto Welterweight before too long. There is just no-one left for him at 140lbs. Question is, will he have the power for that level?

True, but it has to be done. Bradley is the one who's declined the contract (must admit i'm not sure why). Therefore Khan's people have to look elsewhere, and being honest, there really is no other choice. The top ranked fighters at 140lbs are Bradley, Kotelnik, Maidana, Devon Alexander, and Khan himself. He's fought two of those already, and Bradley isn't interested, so his only real options are -

- Face Devon, (wouldn't attract enough attention)
- Rematch against a previous opponent (a complete pointless setback)
- Take on Judah (would generate PPV interest)
- Step upto 147 (not ready imo)

TBH I would expect Khan to be stepping upto Welterweight before too long. There is just no-one left for him at 140lbs. Question is, will he have the power for that level?

Very good point. I guess he is going to have to make the step up. The thing is, if he bulks up, it might also affect his speed, and that coupled with the questions over his power at a bigger weight, it's really gonna test him. It pretty much a a make or break decision, especially as he hasn't exactly set this weight alight, but if he stays, like you say, with the lack of competition, he's gonna get stale - he's already losing PPV £'s and favour wih SKY.

Heard an interesting rumour, the reason Tim Bradley turned down the contract to fight Khan, is because he's being lined up to face the returning, Floyd Mayweather later this summer. Watch this space I suppose...

Heard an interesting rumour, the reason Tim Bradley turned down the contract to fight Khan, is because he's being lined up to face the returning, Floyd Mayweather later this summer. Watch this space I suppose...

Nice, where did you hear/read that?

Nice, where did you hear/read that?

Rumours on a boxing website I frequent from time to time :)

TBH I don't know if it has legs or not. The latest rumour is Floyd is preparing to show up at the Pacman/Molesley fight tomoroow and announce his return on Sept 17th against Ortiz. Another rumour that could have legs, but could also be bullsh*t. Have to wait and see I guess

Rumours on a boxing website I frequent from time to time :)

TBH I don't know if it has legs or not. The latest rumour is Floyd is preparing to show up at the Pacman/Molesley fight tomoroow and announce his return on Sept 17th against Ortiz. Another rumour that could have legs, but could also be bullsh*t. Have to wait and see I guess

Speaking of tomorrow night....what round we going for? I was thinking Molesley will be stopped in the 8th? But then I think that might be a little generous, and think about the 4th, at which point I class myself a fool and reckon Molesley will have some distance him and last till about the 8th, until I realise I'm probably being too generous (you might at this stage see a pattern emerging so I'll spare you the merry-go-round of my musings). In short I'm not sure, and will probably have a fiver on both the 4th and 8th.

Speaking of tomorrow night....what round we going for? I was thinking Molesley will be stopped in the 8th? But then I think that might be a little generous, and think about the 4th, at which point I class myself a fool and reckon Molesley will have some distance him and last till about the 8th, until I realise I'm probably being too generous (you might at this stage see a pattern emerging so I'll spare you the merry-go-round of my musings). In short I'm not sure, and will probably have a fiver on both the 4th and 8th.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it go the distance tbh. Sugar Shane ain't no chump, he's fought the best of the best, and has a decent enough record.

I expect Pacman to win, but never count Molesley out

Anyone watch Pacman - Molesley yesterday/this morning? Firstly, glad to see my prediction was right :smiles:(I was due)

Thought it was quite farcical really. Pacman didn't seem to want to hurt his mate, and Molesley didn't want to ruin his mate's reputation.

That said, I thought Molesley's defence was decent all night, bar a few lapses. His footwork was good, stood his ground, didn't let Pac bully and push him back. He moved around the ring well and generally stopped Pac getitng into any kind of rhythm. Biggest disappointment from Molesley was the fact he seemed content to see the fight out. He rarely had a go, and when he did it was so weak it was almost laughable. It was Haye-Harrison, but 12 rounds of it

As for Pacman, well, if Floyd was watching, I'd imagine his camp will (or should) get straight back into negotiations, as Mayweather would walk over Manny with ease. He was garbage all night, and tbh it's something I have been saying for a while. Against fighters who want to smother Pacman, he's exceptional. Against a fighter who'll stand his ground, and not trade, he seems lost.

Also thought the constant touching gloves thing was a joke. Your in that ring to knock the **** out of each other. Be a sportsman before/after the fight, but not during it FFS

Anyone watch Pacman - Molesley yesterday/this morning? Firstly, glad to see my prediction was right :smiles:(I was due)

Thought it was quite farcical really. Pacman didn't seem to want to hurt his mate, and Molesley didn't want to ruin his mate's reputation.

That said, I thought Molesley's defence was decent all night, bar a few lapses. His footwork was good, stood his ground, didn't let Pac bully and push him back. He moved around the ring well and generally stopped Pac getitng into any kind of rhythm. Biggest disappointment from Molesley was the fact he seemed content to see the fight out. He rarely had a go, and when he did it was so weak it was almost laughable. It was Haye-Harrison, but 12 rounds of it

As for Pacman, well, if Floyd was watching, I'd imagine his camp will (or should) get straight back into negotiations, as Mayweather would walk over Manny with ease. He was garbage all night, and tbh it's something I have been saying for a while. Against fighters who want to smother Pacman, he's exceptional. Against a fighter who'll stand his ground, and not trade, he seems lost.

Also thought the constant touching gloves thing was a joke. Your in that ring to knock the **** out of each other. Be a sportsman before/after the fight, but not during it FFS

Agree with all of that to be honest.

Firstly, kudos on the prediction, although when Manny put Molesley down in the 3rd, I thought I'd be getting it from you!

To be honest was a little disappointed I stayed up till 6am to watch that. Should of stuck with my original SKY+ plan. It was like watching a heavy sparring session between mates. Pacqiauo seemed content to be frustrated, and didn't seem to want to risk trying to break through Molesley, but rather wait for an opportunity to arise. It was clear it was never going to happen early on as Molesley was boxing to last the distance as opposed to win. I'm glad the judges overrulled the ref's decision on Manny's knockdown, it was farcical, how he couldn't see it was a push was beyond me.

It's a shame as if Manny had pressed Molesley after the early knockdown, he might not have spent rounds 5-10 being booed by the crowd, eaually if he'd shown the drive and anger that knockdown gave him in the final two rounds, earlier on in the fight.

Roll on DeGale Groves....

Edit: Couldn't agree more with the Mayweather comments either, I was thinking that myself as the borefest unfolded...

Direct quote from Amir Khans official facebook page..... "Bradley is signing with Top Rank and will fight Pacquiao in November".

Hmmmmm

Direct quote from Amir Khans official facebook page..... "Bradley is signing with Top Rank and will fight Pacquiao in November".

Hmmmmm

So, guess who got a ticket to see Haye fight in Hamburg???

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!!!!!!

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest!

Back