• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bradford City 0-4 Southend United

Well we've got a real test next week against Luton. I hope we play Cox and Humphrys together again.

Brilliant performance. Bradford were very poor and their centre backs very sluggish, but we were fired up, the formation worked and the early goal settled us.

Some really great play today and wonderful goals, have t enjoyed a Southend performance like that for ages.

When was the last t8 e we won by 4 away from home?

Sorry pal, we need better than Theo on our books. Shows flashes of what we saw all those years ago, but ultimately not really cutting it at this level.

Oh I agree. If everyone is fit and available then he’s nowhere near the side but my point here is he’s been the next available forward when we’ve played 1 up top. It takes Theo four or five chances to get a goal. But he’s a workhorse and I guess with a better ratio he’d never be in league one

I think Theo is a incredibly harshly criticised here. The bloke runs his bollocks off. Still would have been a decent enough replacement with Hopper out but you needed to go direct into the channels

So does Mo Farah, but I wouldn’t want him in the side either :Winking2:

So what is he then? A keeper?

Your argument was we couldn’t play an actual striker up front just because you don’t rate him

You're right I don't rate Theo Robinson as a striker. I see him in a wide midfield role. I believe he is much more effective on either wing.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell felt the Shrimpers produced their best performance of the season to win 4-0 at Bradford City this afternoon.

More...

Jezz and that is an Xenforo site.I think we kind of kick that one up the arse...... I thought I had got taken back to some dark alley in the early years where Alfred Hitchcock ruled.

Just got back from the match, I watched from the home end, right at the back of the Carlsberg Stand where you are so far away from the pitch it is hard to pick out who is who.

I was still checking in on Facebook when Cox got the first. Great strike for the second and two very good goals from Humphreys for three and four.

Overall Bradford had more of the possession but did very little with it. Our 3-5-2 formation looked very solid in defence and Hart had a very good game and looks an astute signing.

Elvis did well and looks good going forward as a wing back. I thought Bishop looked good and commanded his area, though he had little to do.

Humphrys was great, notching two excellent goals on his debut and he worked well with Cox. At last we have found a partner for Cox to replace the injured Hooper.

Well done the travelling faithful who I could hear signing throughout the game.

You wouldn't believe how many home fans left after the third and fourth goals went in!

I am glad that our fans cater for the disabled and are fully inclusive for the deaf. :Smile:

Jezz and that is an Xenforo site.I think we kind of kick that one up the arse...... I thought I had got taken back to some dark alley in the early years where Alfred Hitchcock ruled.

How many adverts! That’s a terrible site, really goes to show how great ours is.

Back