• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening me old southern softies

Not a bad game today thought you played some good stuff at times- Tomlin looks a threat and tbh you looked to play football kept it tidy and tried to play the game in the right way which in the first half we didnt do- we played aimless and long and you didnt give us anything. Think half time let us get our breath and for some reason you seemed to take your foot off the gas- both teams needing to win to stay in touch could have seen the game become scrappy but the football was actually better from us 2nd half which allowed the game to flow and you were unlucky hitting the post after a great bit of passing when our lads were too busy waiting for a flag.

i think we deserved to draw level and we couldve nicked it right at the end - the penalty decision was shocking and if that was earlier in the game i think it wouldve been given. So like us you think you are out of the run in for 7th but i think we both have the potential to put a run together and captilise on a couple of teams who are bound to choke.

thats brings us onto Bilel who obviously can play but his attitude is poor, he was giving it large to some kids in the main stand and tbh just came accross like a complete tool. its n o b s like that that will cost you points.

so good game fair result but not the result either of us wanted- i havent missed a game this season and you guys were one of th ebest teams footballing wise ive seen- we have played the other top 9 off the park at times apart from exeter who seem to have the making of us.

lastly good luck at Wembley i know we got tonked when we were there but what a day, what a stadium, what an atmosphere- enjoy it

A very honest and fair post. Yes you are right, Bilel is a nob and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

We will enjoy Wembley whatever the result as it is the end of our season.

See you next year when perhaps both our clubs have realised that Wembley has cost us promotion.

A very honest and fair post. Yes you are right, Bilel is a nob and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

We will enjoy Wembley whatever the result as it is the end of our season.

See you next year when perhaps both our clubs have realised that Wembley has cost us promotion.

Our form didnt get going till November and died at Xmas. Wembley had nothing to do with it....

Our form didnt get going till November and died at Xmas. Wembley had nothing to do with it....

So Timlin breaking his leg in the Area Semi Final had no effect on our ability to hang on for a play off place? A matter of opinion, but I for one would beg to differ.

Always speculation, but if we had lost that penalty shoot-out to Oxford, the end to our season would have been very different.

Timlin, Tomlin, and Tamika - the 3 T's.

That's where we went wrong. Having no centre halves for a couple of weeks I think we actually got away with.

Trying to half listen to the game. With the players currently in the side I'm still gobsmacked Southend aren't in the top two.

So am i COL.U.MAD .Just hoping now that PB can keep most of this squad together ,we have a good preseason and a season without the injuries we ve had this year , and with a few new signings ,i believe promotion is very ,very attainable next season.

So am i COL.U.MAD .Just hoping now that PB can keep most of this squad together ,we have a good preseason and a season without the injuries we ve had this year , and with a few new signings ,i believe promotion is very ,very attainable next season.

Only if we can sort this baffling home form out though, which is more relegation, than promotion,

The core of the squad is good enough. PB will need a couple of his own men to mix it up a little. If we can somehow avoid the fiscal calamity bringing us down - we will go up next year!

The core of the squad is good enough. PB will need a couple of his own men to mix it up a little. If we can somehow avoid the fiscal calamity bringing us down - we will go up next year!

That is what most of us thought last year.

I must admit, Bradford were one of the best sides down at Roots Hall, and I am surprised at their position too.

I beg to differ. Since we got within smelling distance of Wembley our league form was more relegation than promotion. I think anyone who has watched football as long as I have will know that cup runs and league form do not go hand in hand. Cup runs are fine for middle of the table teams but teams wanting promotion should exit cups asap to concentrate on league form, otherwise extra games, injuries, bookings, suspensions etc ruin the league form. The same has happened to Bradford this season, as well as Millwall to name but 2. I'm sure we would have had better league results if our players didn't have one eye on Wembley, after all they are only human. Who would want to miss the big day? I'm sorry, but lets all enjoy the day and then next season concentrate on getting out of this awful league (and I mean upwards not downwards!).

Back