• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bramble, today.

Fat Bastid

Coach
Not sure what anyone else thought but to me Bramble was a complete and utter waste of space!

Lazy, out of position, at fault for one of their goals and just could not be arsed to do anything in the second half!

Same here. Made the first goal, won loads of headers and was alot more involved ...

Kev

cool.gif

Certainly a better performance yesterday than I've seen before. His main problem is being lazy and not making runs, another problem is jumping too early for headers, perfectly described by the guy in the West as : "Being up there a week early for a header".
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 09 2004,09:30)]Certainly a better performance yesterday than I've seen before. His main problem is being lazy and not making runs, another problem is jumping too early for headers, perfectly described by the guy in the West as : "Being up there a week early for a header".
biggrin.gif
His main problem, IMHO, is that he can put in one good performance, but you just know that won't last and soon (probably the following week) he'll put in a lazy display... which will go on for a few weeks, followed by a mystery illness.

I just ain't good enough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ May 08 2004,23:26)]your right he didnt defend the goal very well at all but i thought he was a little brighter 2 day than he usaully is
bramble was certainly a little more active after he'd given away the goal, and created our goal. if he justs puts in more effort every week he'll be fine in the team. he has, believe it or not, got some got skill,strength and pace when he WANTS to use it, and the "WANTS" is the problem at the moment.

BY the way i fell that corbett should be kept has he has had a tough time this season, bt the last to games his got stuck in were ever he has played.and i feel he has good potential in the team.

Martin

Whilst I agree Tes was at fault for their 1st goal , He should I think be credited with a brilliant assist for our goal. Unlucky not to score in the second half and I thought he worked hard.

He also won more headers than the talentless donkey that is Drewe.

DTS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 09 2004,08:51)]I just ain't good enough.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your post was pretty good.

smile.gif

I thought Bramble was pretty good yesterday. Wasn't in the ground for the first goal so only just found out that he was partly responsible, but from what I saw he was our most dangerous player going forward and the general consensus among the Torquay fans I was chatting to on the train home was that he was our best player.

Bramble shocked me as to how much pace he posseses. After yesterday's performance my opinion of him is slightly turning. On a couple of ocassions when he chased down the goaly we won a throw in, in our own half. Keep it up Tes
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mighty_blues @ May 09 2004,11:37)]Bramble shocked me as to how much pace he posseses. After yesterday's performance my opinion of him is slightly turning. On a couple of ocassions when he chased down the goaly we won a throw in, in our own half. Keep it up Tes
smile.gif
Totally agrre, for me he was MOM

He's arguably the most talented player in the squad - which for me makes the fact that he doesn't use that talent 95% of the time even more criminal. He is a lazy, good for nothing waste of space who is cheating the club and the fans by drawing a wage and not earning a penny of it.

OK, he had a half decent performance yesterday - which means the first half a dozen next season will be inept if he continues true to form!

Bramble worked hard yesterday and looked a lot more lively than usual. He does go up too early for headers though. I'd rather have him here than donkey Broughton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 09 2004,12:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 09 2004,08:51)]I just ain't good enough.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your post was pretty good.

smile.gif
laugh.gif

Classic. I meant to say 'It' just ain't good enough, as you probably guessed, but thanks... that was funny.

P.S.

Just don't take the **** again.
mad.gif

tounge.gif

I feel that Tes worked hard throughout the game yesturday, apart from the first goal, but after that he did really try and i feel if we could get him to play like that every week then he may be higher up the pecking order. He did use his strength well, and showed his skill, but quite simply can't perform more consistently. Normally he's just lazy and can't be bothered without even trying. I would like to see us keeping him for next year, as if he can reproduce the form he showed Yesturday then he would definately be in the team more. I like Tes but am not sure whether he will still be playing here next season.
rock.gif

I 100% believe that Tes is a big match player. Canvey away he stepped up and scored, as Col.U away.Cardiff wasn't really given a chance. Yesterday a big game for the opposition big crowd to witness his performance and once again he played well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 09 2004,08:30)]Certainly a better performance yesterday than I've seen before.  His main problem is being lazy and not making runs, another problem is jumping too early for headers, perfectly described by the guy in the West as : "Being up there a week early for a header".
biggrin.gif
I'm not sure his problem is laziness. I think he just doesn't think quickly enough to be a footballer. He is always about half a second too late, which makes him look lazy, but IMO it's because he simply doesn't think quickly enough.

Tes upfront with Constantine and you have a winning combination in my opinion...

Tes's strength, Leons pace and your guaranteed to find the back of the net!

i reckon he is the most overrated useless thinks his big time pr*ck ever....wish he'd f**k off and haunt someone else. if anyone disagrees with me ..well.....YOUR WRONG AND I'M RIGHT

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 10 2004,08:45)]I'm not sure his problem is laziness. I think he just doesn't think quickly enough to be a footballer. He is always about half a second too late, which makes him look lazy, but IMO it's because he simply doesn't think quickly enough.
Spot on with this point of view,too many supporters cann't tell the difference between lazy and lack speed/football ability.

He reminds me so much of a West Ham player in the early 70's Clyde Best,had all the potential to reach the heights,yet his brain transfering the message to the feet was sadly lacking.

Im still out on the Bramble debate whether he can cut the mustard with the shrimpers,I would give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him that this season comming is the make or break for him.He seems to be more pumped up when comming on for the last 25 minutes,however the club cannot afford the luxery of having a player in the David Fairclough mould. (For younger readers a super sub for Liverpool in late 70's)
I cann't see the reason for breaking up the squad too much,team morale looks spot,and hopefully like Drewe,he can win the crowd over next season

Roll on August
wink.gif

Back