• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BREAK INS AND THE NEW SHIRTS

I heard this morning on BBC essex that there was yet another break in at the club, it seems incredible is that 4 in 6 weeks.

the point here that we always used to have 24 hour security
and the responsibility surely fulls on Dave Jobsons head , on a salary of £25,000 a year for life, surely its time he pulled his
finger out rather than spending all his time on the golf course
i also thought stupidly there was a cctv camera at the top
of the car park, are they only switched on on matchdays??

re the shirts, see my post from last year, remember these are not your actual nike shirts but the sunday kit equivilant, which come from Morbec Farm?? anyway the point is this
as I said lasy year the cost of the top is £6.00 plus colin woolridge £5.00 therefore the profit margin is vast a friend of mine in the sports kit business has said that kit orders at this time of year are slow because all the sunday teams are ordering them but you should still be able to get a kit in 21 days, so there are still no excuses

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 27 2004,10:13)]re the shirts, see my post from last year, remember these are not your actual nike shirts but the sunday kit equivilant, which come from Morbec Farm??  anyway the point is this
as I said lasy year the cost of the top is £6.00 plus colin woolridge £5.00 therefore the profit margin is vast  
Football clubs in 'making a profit on replica shirts' shocker?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Aug. 27 2004,11:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 27 2004,10:13)]re the shirts, see my post from last year, remember these are not your actual nike shirts but the sunday kit equivilant, which come from Morbec Farm??  anyway the point is this
as I said lasy year the cost of the top is £6.00 plus colin woolridge £5.00 therefore the profit margin is vast  
Football clubs in 'making a profit on replica shirts' shocker?
I know. Next thing you know they'll be bringing out a 3rd kit.

Hang on a minute...........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 27 2004,11:13)]I heard this morning on BBC essex that there was yet another break in at the club, it seems incredible is that 4 in 6 weeks.

the point here that we always used to have 24 hour security
and the responsibility surely fulls on Dave Jobsons head , on a salary of £25,000 a year for life, surely its time he pulled his
finger out rather than spending all his time on the golf course
i also thought stupidly there was a cctv camera at the top
of the car park, are they only switched on on matchdays??

re the shirts, see my post from last year, remember these are not your actual nike shirts but the sunday kit equivilant, which come from Morbec Farm??  anyway the point is this
as I said lasy year the cost of the top is £6.00 plus colin woolridge £5.00 therefore the profit margin is vast  a friend of mine in the sports kit business has said that kit orders at this time of year are slow because all the sunday teams are ordering them but you should still be able to get a kit in 21 days, so there are still no excuses
I believe the club do have CCTV cameras in place - but they don't physically stop burglars. A property that has been burgled once is twice as likely to be done over again as opposed to a property that hasn't...

As for the shirts - we all know the club make a huge profit on replica sales. I'd rather we made a huge profit from selling them to local kids than Man U did...

Yeah and the club have the cheek to charge people to get into the stadium to watch the match, it's a bloody liberty, watching football should be free it is if you go over Oakwood Park blah blah blah...!
ghostface.gif

Back