• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm sure the last time we played them was a Tuesday night and we took about a 1000 odd. If we can't take 1600 for this then I'd be amazed.

assuming they will give us at least 1000 tickets we will all be rocking in the terrace in the lower tier right?

As it's the FA Cup, we have the right to claim up to 15% of the tickets for the match, provided they are in a fully segregated area. 15% of Griffin Park's capacity is around 1900, so the 1600 cpacity they have in the away end should cover it easily - 1,000 standing in the lower tier and 600 seats in the upper tier.

Getting angry, now. Just got a text from a mate who's asked if I can get him a Chelsea ticket if we beat Brentford. He's a spammer (lives locally) who last saw the shrimpers when we played Liverpool in 1979. I'd much rather the tickets went to one of the 5,000 odd regulars that follow us. Still, it's academic at this stage, anyway.
Simple, tell him to do one. IF - and it's a massive "if" we get through - there's not going to be many go on sale to the general public. I know I shan't be doing favours of getting tickets for other share holders this time, for me, it's STHs first, then those that attend Brentford away, or Exeter or Oxford away, then share holders. People I've previously queued up for, who've done nothing but slag us off recently, can largely go whistle.

Glory hunting plastic fans who can count the number of times they've seen us play live on one hand can FRO.

Simple, tell him to do one. IF - and it's a massive "if" we get through - there's not going to be many go on sale to the general public. I know I shan't be doing favours of getting tickets for other share holders this time, for me, it's STHs first, then those that attend Brentford away, or Exeter or Oxford away, then share holders. People I've previously queued up for, who've done nothing but slag us off recently, can largely go whistle.

Glory hunting plastic fans who can count the number of times they've seen us play live on one hand can FRO.

Spot on Kay, saved me a job

Would go Brentford, but I have my English AS exam the next morning :sad:.
I've also come to the conclusion I'm not going to the Chelsea game, should it happen. I don't think I could stand all the non-regulars... Also Ron will probably hike the prices up, and if it's going to be on TV, there's no point paying it. Sad times. At least I can join in the Twitter hype during the game though. (If it happens.)

I'm with you there :thumbsup: Not sure about the people attending Brentford, Exeter or Oxford away, though (might still get a few glory hunters), but I know where you are coming from. I reckon, people known on the SUFC database for buying home and away tickets etc after STH's and Shareholders. Don't worry, he'll be told to Foxtrot Oscar, if you know what I mean. Don't wanna talk about the subject anymore...as it's hypothetical :whistling:

.. Also Ron will probably hike the prices up,

IF it happens, both clubs (i believe) have to agree on a price which would be the same, if in the unlikely event a replay occurred.
As Chelsea charge £30 for all FA cup home games, irrelevant of who the opposition are, that would be the price for the home game.

I have a feeling that the club will announce that seasos and away tickets will get priority IF we get through meaning that tickets wil become like gold dust.

Personally I think tickets for Chelsea, should it happen, should be 1 per STH and 1 ticket for each ticket stub that can be produced for yesterday's 3rd Round tie. The reasoning being that STH's should get their chance to buy their ticket, as always, but the regulars and people who bothered to make up the rest of the 4200ish homes fans before the 'glory' draw came out of the hat should also get some reward for supporting the club at the less glamourous tie, as many of those who made the game yesterday may well not be able to finish work early enough, or at all, to get to the replay. After that should come the fans who put themselves out to travel to the away replay only; with the rest coming after that. To me that targets the real home support base of the club.

Personally I think tickets for Chelsea, should it happen, should be 1 per STH and 1 ticket for each ticket stub that can be produced for yesterday's 3rd Round tie. The reasoning being that STH's should get their chance to buy their ticket, as always, but the regulars and people who bothered to make up the rest of the 4200ish homes fans before the 'glory' draw came out of the hat should also get some reward for supporting the club at the less glamourous tie, as many of those who made the game yesterday may well not be able to finish work early enough, or at all, to get to the replay. After that should come the fans who put themselves out to travel to the away replay only; with the rest coming after that. To me that targets the real home support base of the club.

I like the idea however I can't see the club bothering to do this :sad:

Personally I think tickets for Chelsea, should it happen, should be 1 per STH and 1 ticket for each ticket stub that can be produced for yesterday's 3rd Round tie. .

I agree with the principle, but if you are going to use ticket stubs you really have to tell people upfront - not two days after they've thrown them away !!!

Also season ticket holders had paper tickets yesterday. Are you suggesting they should get two tickets ?

Assuming we beat Brentford, i would expect the following scenario to unravel. The club would issue vouchers for the home game against Plymouth on the 19th, who would have first priority when tickets become available on Monday 21st. This would ensure a full house v Plymouth, and no doubt some fans who go to that game would still miss out for what-ever reason.

I think last time we played Chelsea it was 1 ticket per season ticket holder and shareholder first with the other tickets going on general sale. Oh course this is if we beat Brentford !

Assuming we beat Brentford, i would expect the following scenario to unravel. The club would issue vouchers for the home game against Plymouth on the 19th, who would have first priority when tickets become available on Monday 21st. This would ensure a full house v Plymouth, and no doubt some fans who go to that game would still miss out for what-ever reason.

No, first priority MUST be season ticket holders.

It will be 1 per seaso should it happen,last time we played Chelsea it was only 1 as was man u.
When we played Canvey in the cup it was like a raffle for seaso's at Park Lane my Dad got one and i didn't.
There's nothing like freezing your nuts off in the car park with 300 in front of you to claim your ticket because you still have to go in person.
hopefully this is no longer the case.
Never understood why you couldn't pay over the phone, does anyone know why this was/is?

1 for STH and one for share holding? the shares cost good money and now are worth zip, so fair enough?

please it cant get to the time where we assume things because we will get dissapointed

I agree with the principle, but if you are going to use ticket stubs you really have to tell people upfront - not two days after they've thrown them away !!!

Also season ticket holders had paper tickets yesterday. Are you suggesting they should get two tickets ?

No, Mick, should have made myself clearer; STH's should get just the one. Admit the paper ticket thing does get in the way a bit but the ticket office always asks for name and address any time I buy a ticket so they should know who bought tickets for yesterday but that'll take effort so can't see it happening.....

It's all pie in the sky anyway as they'll not go down my ideal world route, it'll probably be home tickets for Plymouth, if anything; at least that would get a good gate for Plymouth and extra money in the bank as well.

But let's worry about it after the replay, there were far too many people busy buying tickets for Liverpool last year.......:'(

Back