• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone who thinks the UK's pulling out of the EU, can somehow be compared to Britain's triumph in WW2, is displaying a profound ignorance of political (and economic) history.

I'm pretty sure Rigsby was referring to the EU's handling of the migrant crisis, or perhaps the Euro, maybe even the Greek debt crisis, it's lack and disregard for democracy...could really have been a multitude of EU failures really couldn't it?

Whichever one, he's right you know.

it's lack and disregard for democracy....

Which we a a country excel at, what with having an unelected Royal Family to throw money at, an unelected House of Lords to throw money at, and a wealth of unelected Civil Servants to throw money at, in some attempt to extradiate us from this mess that we've been forced into.

Yes there's a world of misery coming but luckily the people with 'half a brain' have saved Britain once e again from the next European made disaster.

Anyone who thinks the UK's pulling out of the EU, can somehow be compared to Britain's triumph in WW2, is displaying a profound ignorance of political (and economic) history.

Who mentioned the war? You are Basil Fawlty and I claim my five pounds.

I'm pretty sure Rigsby was referring to the EU's handling of the migrant crisis, or perhaps the Euro, maybe even the Greek debt crisis, it's lack and disregard for democracy...could really have been a multitude of EU failures really couldn't it?

And I'm pretty sure he was, indirectly, referencing WW2.In which case, he's profoundly wrong.However I'm perfectly willing to take his word for it, if he says he was referring to any of the "failures" you mention.

10 years of no payrises and living standards lower in 2021 than they were in 2008. Yay, Brexit.

Which we a a country excel at, what with having an unelected Royal Family to throw money at, an unelected House of Lords to throw money at, and a wealth of unelected Civil Servants to throw money at, in some attempt to extradiate us from this mess that we've been forced into.

I don't doubt that much could be done to improve our own democracy...and reform is possible should we want it in any of the areas you mention.

However we weren't talking about the UK....

I don't doubt that much could be done to improve our own democracy...and reform is possible should we want it in any of the areas you mention.

However we weren't talking about the UK....

Not in my, or my kid's lifetime Cal. We're still firmly entrenched in the class system where we tug our forlock at those who are fortunate enough to be born into extreme wealth and luxury.

10 years of no payrises and living standards lower in 2021 than they were in 2008. Yay, Brexit.

Many of us were on a pay freeze prior to Brexit....and for some there's been no real increase in standard of living since 2008.....

Not in my, or my kid's lifetime Cal. We're still firmly entrenched in the class system where we tug our forlock at those who are fortunate enough to be born into extreme wealth and luxury.

Perhaps....personally the House of Lords is probably on borrowed time, and we are starting to see much in the way of devolution away from Westminster, which is a start.

However the EU is not devolving power it is doing the opposite and amassing it.
Equally you (and others) are against the House of Lords but don't seem to take issue with the EU commission?

Do you? I would hope you'd keep that kind of thing private.

Small thing I saw yesterday, if the vote was run today Remain would probably win due to;

Over 120,000 leavers dying of old age.
A load of 17yr olds who are now 18 and old enough to vote (and the vast majority of the 18-25 age group voted remain).

It's a fairly ageist article to be fair, but makes a good point IMHO.

http://www.shortlist.com/news/120-000-leave-voters-died-since-brexit

120,000 people who have experienced life in and out of the EU versus "a load" of 18 year olds who are scarcely qualified to make such a decision.

Maybe if we'd of had the vote a few years ago we might be looking at an even stronger margin for "Leave".

120,000 people who have experienced life in and out of the EU versus "a load" of 18 year olds who are scarcely qualified to make such a decision.

Maybe if we'd of had the vote a few years ago we might be looking at an even stronger margin for "Leave".

Who knows. Sadly those now dead have impacted on the lives of the living and will affect the rest of their lives, in my opinion, negatively.

Small thing I saw yesterday, if the vote was run today Remain would probably win due to;

Over 120,000 leavers dying of old age.
A load of 17yr olds who are now 18 and old enough to vote (and the vast majority of the 18-25 age group voted remain).

It's a fairly ageist article to be fair, but makes a good point IMHO.

http://www.shortlist.com/news/120-000-leave-voters-died-since-brexit

They even gave the youth an extended time to get off their arses to vote,too much playing on puter fighting the universe meant they couldn't just find the time.

And I'm pretty sure he was, indirectly, referencing WW2.In which case, he's profoundly wrong.However I'm perfectly willing to take his word for it, if he says he was referring to any of the "failures" you mention.

My guess is he wouldn't give a shiny **** if you take his word for it or not.:stunned:

Sorry Tangled just like Callan has pointed out, us 18million voted out because of all of the above and more. But not WW2.

In fact most people who voted out would be happy with a smaller trade orientated version of the EU which would always include Germany. We could give it a new name like......The Common Market.....Now there's an idea.

Back