• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Interesting article written here earlier today about how The Speaker's potentially thrown a bl@@dy great spanner in the Brexit works:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-parliaments-46810616

Doesn't entirely come across as being unbiased but guess that's another argument, he not having had a particularly good few week's recently....

Favours, lobbying and pressure being put from people with clout and an agenda. Nothing more than one should expect from the whole sorry shower of *****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they did. Eye-witnesses testified.

Who is TR? If you mean Thomas Mair, he never plead guilty. He also never plead not-guilty... he didn't enter a plea (which all major news outlets report accurately).

I meant Tommy Robinson....TM is the PM and she gets enough mentions on here.

Not so if they are appearing on behalf of the prosecution. But that's for another thread and not the point.

Did these witnesses appear in court and state that ? Or are the Independent just repeating the same MSM line...…..Remember TR never pleaded guilty at Leeds but all the MSM have repeatedly stated he did.

You did hear the Grenfell baby story?
I wasn't at the scene of the murder of an MP and I wasn't in court listening to witness statements. If you want to believe the reports from the murder trial are inaccurate that's up to you.

'Tommy Robinson' and Grenfel will probably take this thread off topic so maybe post elsewhere but unless you were there to witness yourself how would you know if what you are looking to share is true? Rhetorical question.

Would I accuse him of such a thing??? :Smile: ...............you did see both my smilies?
I did, but when someone is trolling this thread constantly the slightest encouragement will leave me pulling my hair out.
The 'Corbyn voted Leave' thing is the most pointless statement ever, only one person knows and that person says he voted Remain. If we can't accept what an individual said they did in private then what is the point discussing anything.

Yes they did. Eye-witnesses testified.

Who is TR? If you mean Thomas Mair, he never plead guilty. He also never plead not-guilty... he didn't enter a plea (which all major news outlets report accurately).

And they changed their statements. to say various thing but not 'Britain first'

Due to the wall of silence from Mair. There were no cross examination of the witnesses, like a standard murder trial.

I wasn't at the scene of the murder of an MP and I wasn't in court listening to witness statements. If you want to believe the reports from the murder trial are inaccurate that's up to you.

'Tommy Robinson' and Grenfel will probably take this thread off topic so maybe post elsewhere but unless you were there to witness yourself how would you know if what you are looking to share is true? Rhetorical question.

You bought up Jo Cox whilst we were talking about the MSM and false stories. Its not just JC that they lie about.

Of course if you are happy to cover up for them than it will be the left that suffer long term. You do know what sort of people own the MSM ?

Last edited:
I did, but when someone is trolling this thread constantly the slightest encouragement will leave me pulling my hair out.
The 'Corbyn voted Leave' thing is the most pointless statement ever, only one person knows and that person says he voted Remain. If we can't accept what an individual said they did in private then what is the point discussing anything.

You have stated that you come on here only to silence those you don't agree with. Like the 52%

You have been very successful in driving some good posters off the zone.

And they changed their statements. to say various thing but not 'Britain first'

Due to the wall of silence from Mair. There were no cross examination of the witnesses, like a standard murder trial.
No, the mention of Jo Cox was in relation to Anna Soubry being confronted in the street, all related to things happening right now.

You have stated that you come on here only to silence those you don't agree with. Like the 52%

No, you are misquoting, I said I come on here to confront misinformation. Hi, how you doin?

Everyone likes to have an impact so I appreciate your over estimation of my powers but I don't think anyone would hide from me.

Of course if you had proof of what he said you would post it on here but you don't so you come out with your normal nonsense. The very fact that you cant accept there is such a thing as fake news, shows how easily you are fooled. It works against both the left and right in politics.

If its all to much, or to adult for you, why don't post about what you had for lunch.

It seemed to me that he did accept there was such a thing as fake news and he thought you were peddling it again.

You’d be surprised Gary how many people feel the same way about your posts in this forum. I say “this forum” because, when you’re focused on the debate itself and in a more open mind, you bring a lot of value to this site.

What most can probably see is that you’re both just opposite sides of the same coin - and completely closed off to each other’s point of view. By definition, you can’t both be right. But by God, you’re both convinced you are.

Last edited:
You’d be surprised Gary how many people feel the same way about your posts in this forum. I say “this forum” because, when you’re focused on the debate itself and in a more open mind, you bring a lot of value to this site.

What most can probably see is that you’re both just opposite sides of the same coin - and completely closed off to each other’s point of view. By definition, you can’t both be right. But by God, you’re both convinced you are.

Perhaps you'd care to specify what constitutes "a lot of value" in your opinion?

Positive move tonight that May would be given 3 days rather than 21 to reveal her plan B when her deal is voted down. After the month delay on the original vote on her deal her policy of running down the clock is being blocked - why she is using that policy is anyone's guess but I fail to see how deliberately creating last minute panic helps the public.

Most bizarre attempt to wax the wheels of May's deal is the suggestion that Stormont be given extra say. Stormont hasn't met for 2 years because they can't agree how to exist - how can anyone see that as the route to a compromise!

Positive move tonight that May would be given 3 days rather than 21 to reveal her plan B when her deal is voted down. After the month delay on the original vote on her deal her policy of running down the clock is being blocked - why she is using that policy is anyone's guess but I fail to see how deliberately creating last minute panic helps the public.

Most bizarre attempt to wax the wheels of May's deal is the suggestion that Stormont be given extra say. Stormont hasn't met for 2 years because they can't agree how to exist - how can anyone see that as the route to a compromise!

It's clear as day that she's running down the clock to hope the MPs panic and give in to her nightmare deal, rather than a no deal, or the EU panic and give her more on the table once her deal is voted down. She still did avoid and spin today at question time when different parties asked if she had a legally binding in writing assurances over the backstop from the EU. She would not answer that question over and over, but kept saying she has new assurances, and the same old speech about how good her deal is. The DUP will not accept assurances. Assurances not in writing can be broken.
She thought the Stormont thing would be a sweetner for the DUP, Doh, another own goal.

Thanks Hank, for the bollocking and the complement......I guess I deserved it.

For those that support their players. manager, club, town or even their country in a positive way. Often find themselves a target

The problem on this thread is there is no discussion and their wont be. The Brexit lines were drawn long before the referendum on other threads. Of course it would help if some of the groovy gang actually contributed something on the football threads....Then again I've read some of their posts.

I will leave it up to others to speak up on this thread. After all Remainers did far more for Brexit than Arron Banks or Nigel Farage ever could.

By the way I did see Lordy on Tuesday and we were very polite to each other. I would have a beer with him anytime.

Thanks Hank, for the bollocking and the complement......I guess I deserved it.

For those that support their players. manager, club, town or even their country in a positive way. Often find themselves a target

The problem on this thread is there is no discussion and their wont be. The Brexit lines were drawn long before the referendum on other threads. Of course it would help if some of the groovy gang actually contributed something on the football threads....Then again I've read some of their posts.

I will leave it up to others to speak up on this thread. After all Remainers did far more for Brexit than Arron Banks or Nigel Farage ever could.

By the way I did see Lordy on Tuesday and we were very polite to each other. I would have a beer with him anytime.

Remind me that last time your sockpuppet mate DCBlue posted anything in the football threads at all? He's such an ardent supporter of the team after all since 1966 I believe?

It's been quite obvious for some time that this incompetent Tory government will not be able to get their Brexit plan through the Commons next Tuesday or even the week afterwards).It also seems unlikely (as the Brexiteers hope) that the Commons will allow a no-deal Brexit to take place at the end of March.Remaining in the EU would also seem to be unlikely.In these circumstances, it would be interesting to hear other proposals (some of which I hope MP's will be making clear from next week).Personally,I've long favoured a Norway style Brexit (as advocated by Owen Jones in today's Guardian). https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/10/norway-plus-labour-brexit

The main disadvantage of this (for fervent Brexiteers) it that it won't deliver on ending free movement.But then, IMO, nothing can or will.Is it really a problem to have so many baristas from France,Spain,Italy etc in London and the South-East come to practice their English for a few years before going home? O course,the high fliers from EU countries will always be able to get jobs in the City and elsewhere, even if free movement does come to an end.

Last edited:
Back