• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
Bring Back 4 4 2 before its to late.
1 up front at homes is no good.
Playing some Diamond in the middle that's not working.

442 With 2 the 2 full backs bombing on.

Why are we sitting back.

We are so much better attacking team full on.:omg:

We had this last year at some point must revert back to this formation.

Absolutely this. Play 442 with natural wide players, Worrall and McLaughlin, Leonard plus one other in the middle. Hunt with a pacey striker up top and we will see more attacking football. Today's team were beat before the game started with today selection and formation. PB has royally cocked up twice in a week.

Bring Back 4 4 2 before its to late.
1 up front at homes is no good.
Playing some Diamond in the middle that's not working.

442 With 2 the 2 full backs bombing on.

Why are we sitting back.

We are so much better attacking team full on.:omg:

We had this last year at some point must revert back to this formation.

You are mrblue and I claim my £5

So where does Jack Payne fit into this?

He doesn't. Jack is better used in an away game where this formation is not so necessary. I absolutely agree that we should be playing a more orthodox 4-4-2 at home, with my preferred midfield being Worrall, Leonard, Timlin and Mclaughlin. God, how we are missing Timlin.

Jack is an excellent impact sub at home.

He doesn't. Jack is better used in an away game where this formation is not so necessary. I absolutely agree that we should be playing a more orthodox 4-4-2 at home, with my preferred midfield being Worrall, Leonard, Timlin and Mclaughlin. God, how we are missing Timlin.

Completely agree. I was playing devils advocate to the people who were making out Jack was Messi in the pre match thread.

The system works OK at home that we played today, but the personnel shuffle was wrong.

I'd have played Leonard in where Rea played and gone more positive in the diamond, with Worrall and McLaughlin playing the slightly wider roles with an emphasis on going forward.

The only other thought was whether to play Hunt and Payne upfront and then Mooney at the top of the diamond.

I'd prefer to see Bolger at the back, possibly at the expense of Thompson.

I did notice Payne taking corners today, rather than Coker, which is a good thing, too.

The system works OK at home that we played today, but the personnel shuffle was wrong.

I'd have played Leonard in where Rea played and gone more positive in the diamond, with Worrall and McLaughlin playing the slightly wider roles with an emphasis on going forward.

The only other thought was whether to play Hunt and Payne upfront and then Mooney at the top of the diamond.

I'd prefer to see Bolger at the back, possibly at the expense of Thompson.

I did notice Payne taking corners today, rather than Coker, which is a good thing, too.
That would leave us too open in the middle I feel, they are both out and out wingers and need to play in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 I feel.

Thompson has been our best player in last 5 games, can't drop him imo.

Agreed, but I think that gives us more positive options at home.

I can see the value of a more orthodox 4-4-2 though with say Deegan and Leonard playing more centrally and breaking up the play and Worrall and McLaughlin the release ball with Payne and Hunt options upfront.

Today, apart from the times Payne drifted into the hole, we spent the first half with no out ball apart from knocking it out to White and chipping it forward which is neither Mooney nor Hunt's game.

The midfield needs to be closer to the forwards, as has worked when we've played our best football at home, hence why an attacking diamond could be the best option.

away teams love playing against 442 in this division. so rigid and dependable. all you have to do is play 451/433 and the whole team can be be nullified with an extra man in midfield if anyone does get through. play on the counter attack and bobs your uncle, more often than not a draw or away win!

That Evian for Donny had Jonny Whites pants down in the first half before Worrall came on. We lacked the width with the initial formation.

If you look at the start of our decent run. We played this formation with Myles Weston in the side. He actually has the versatility to fit into the ridiculous system that Brown insists on playing.

To get Jack Payne just play 4-4-1-1.

Or stick him in the centre of a 4-4-2 next to Leonard or Timlin.

either way we can't simply rely on our defence to get us out of trouble at the moment so need to do something.

away teams love playing against 442 in this division. so rigid and dependable. all you have to do is play 451/433 and the whole team can be be nullified with an extra man in midfield if anyone does get through. play on the counter attack and bobs your uncle, more often than not a draw or away win!

I'd like to see the stats that back this up.

The last two home games we've looked like a very un-Phil Brown team and it is all down to the formation and having to shoe-horn a luxury player into the side. If Payne plays then he has to play wide left or up front but either way it needs to be an orthodox formation or else we will continue to get thumped at home.

Can't play two up front with Payne in the side if he isn't one of those two. Our best recent run was playing 4-4-1-1, and then Hunt being fit ruined it all.

4 games with Hunt back, and Payne in the hole. Bury a very good performance but Bury were awful. Col U, lucky to get a win as their finishing was atrocious, then the Millwall and Donny games.

Leaves us so weak in midfield.

Either drop Payne or drop Mooney, to accommodate another midfielder, but then PB will get slaughtered on here for playing 1 up front even though it suits the squad we currently have, and we get our best results with it.

I agree with this, personally I'd start Payne on the bench at home and go 4-4-2, away I'd start him just behind one striker so a 4-4-1-1. Also agreed on how much we're missing Timlin :sad:.

I'd also agree with AndyT regarding Payne's corners. So much better than Coker's, he whipped them in to good areas with pace, sadly no one attacked them, we really do miss a Barry Corr type forward. I groaned every time Coker stepped forward, the difference in quality was immeasurable, all Coker seems to do is float in a poor delivery for the keeper to easily take. Payne on corners from now on where possible please.

Back