• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
Bristol Rovers confirm takeover and not us, why?

I see that Bristol Rovers have been taken over by a Jordanian billionaire and he wants to get the stadium under way. They did have planning permission in place I believe, so that may be the attraction for said businessman. Maybe we would be as attractive if the appropriate planning was in place for Forsetts. I genuinely believe Southend united, as an entity, has just as much to offer in regards to potential as Rovers. Yes I know Bristol is a big City but we have established time and time again how much support our catchment area could provide. So why not us? Like I stated it will probably take full verified planning permission for Forsetts for any business to even consider us in the slightest but it does make you enviously question such matters.

What do you think it will take for a takeover?

Last edited:
We already have some billionaire's aboard who are taking our plans forward. They are called British Land.

Never can see the attraction of some international gangster owning my football club. I'll stick with Ron thanks.

We already have some billionaire's aboard who are taking our plans forward. They are called British Land.

Never can see the attraction of some international gangster owning my football club. I'll stick with Ron thanks.
Better the devil you know. Just look at Orient and Leeds!

This has often puzzled me, especially when I consider the potential. Sometimes it's been tough to remember the teams in the past we were comfortably sitting above in he league, like Fulham and Bournemouth, get snapped up by wealthy entrepreneurs and fly to the Premiership. Or some side from the Conference get bought for the ride I wouldn't mind it happening, not all wealthy and interested parties are criminally intent. Would we complain if we did go the same way as Bournemouth and end up in the Premiership and the prospects of Europe.
As has been said before though , any investor doing due diligence would have to be not put off by our debt and income v expenditure issues and see the new stadiums future potential

Better the devil you know. Just look at Orient and Leeds!

Exactly, they are both a laughing stock because they have rash owners who haven't a clue about English football.

I for one am very happy with my club, yes there are things that could be better, but it wouldn't be my club if some deranged foreigner came in destroyed what we have.

You never know what you're going to get with our club, walk through those gates on a Saturday expecting 3 points against the bottom club and somehow we might just **** it up. Walk through those same gates the next Saturday expecting a drubbing against the top club and we might just beat them comfortably! That's what keeps me coming back again and again.

Days like play off finals, ldv finals, Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea are dreams for us and once in a while they come true.

I'll take the odd dream coming true rather than some billionaire creating a club that I can't associate with thank you very much!

To be honest I don't want a takeover that necessarily culminates in premier league football because I for one can't stand the premier league and it's monopoly merry go round. However you have to be realistic and we can't survive without a rich backer. Losing £100, 000 a month is simply not viable for any future progression. The only way forward is to get the new stadium done and in particular, the fourth side of the stadium completed. A takeover is definitely required for the later. I know British Land are in place but so were Sainsburys. Even if British Land sort something out with the three sided stadium we will still require significant financial support from elsewhere to keep afloat. The Eastwood money won't last forever :winking:

To be honest I don't want a takeover that necessarily culminates in premier league football because I for one can't stand the premier league and it's monopoly merry go round. However you have to be realistic and we can't survive without a rich backer. Losing £100, 000 a month is simply not viable for any future progression. The only way forward is to get the new stadium done and in particular, the fourth side of the stadium completed. A takeover is definitely required for the later. I know British Land are in place but so were Sainsburys. Even if British Land sort something out with the three sided stadium we will still require significant financial support from elsewhere to keep afloat. The Eastwood money won't last forever :winking:

I think its well established the three sided stadium is only to allow us to move from RH. As soon as the RH site is sold for housing we will complete the fourth side.

I know people have their doubts but in terms of income we will be no worse off with just a three sided stadium as RH is one of the lowest money generators out of the 92 current professional clubs.

Back