• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't expect a 20 year old to be playing well consistently, especially in such a patched up side.

That's a fair point, but age should not come into it.

Some twenty year olds are premiership regulars or internationals.

He got the praise when he was scoring yet when he produces nothing in nearly three months, people find excuses. John Spicer played in a poor and patched up side yet he was abused on this same forum.

I really hope Britt produces the goods weds and for the remainder of the season, he just looks out of sorts for me

Thought he drifted in and out of the game too much today. Compared to his performances earlier on this season he looked a bit tired, short of a yard of pace and just didn't look fit enough. Looks as if he's carrying a knock! Any idea how long Tomlin will be out for?

Britt does not look so great without Tomlin. Part of the problem is that he appears to not be gambling on positions on the pitch when other players are putting balls into the box etc. That said he still is learning and this 'loss' of form following injury is all part of the learning curve for him. I would put him on bench atm and play Harris and Eastwood on Weds.

Thought he drifted in and out of the game too much today. Compared to his performances earlier on this season he looked a bit tired, short of a yard of pace and just didn't look fit enough. Looks as if he's carrying a knock! Any idea how long Tomlin will be out for?[/QUOTE]

From Thursday's Echo-
Gavin Tomlin (thigh)
Gavin is making good progress. He’s doing some strength work and could be back in about two weeks.

See Ba / Cisse. Only one scores at a time.
When Britt was scoring all the goals earlier this season, it was Tomlin doing his legwork. Fans were, of course, asking what Tomlin added at the time.

The side is not at the moment able to play to Brit's strengths. He needs the ball played into the channels and space, not to feet with the centre half breathing down his neck and more often hanging on to him for dear life.

So if he is ineffective because of either confidence, form, missing Tomlin's partnership style and/or us not playing to his strengths, why do we continue to play him each week when we have other options.

Don't get me wrong, I will be over the moon if he scores wednesday, I just fear he is not as good as his original goal burst sugested.

seems a shadow of his former self since the injury, a goal might do him good. Not sure if he is tired, still injured or not interested anymore

Back