• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Broadband Suppliers

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
I'm at the point of changing supplier, tiscali have been w***y and I have finally got my MAC code. Problem is that I live in a relatively remote area that is not Local Loop Unbundled, so I can't get any of the cheapy deals like O2 / Sky etc (when I go on their websites I can only get a £18 package).

Sooo... I'm thinking of going for the AOL deal with the PS3 as I qualify for that one based on my number. Has anyone had any experience with them (its a 2 year contract, so don't want to get it wrong)
cheers

Last edited:
I canm but due to my area I don't qualify for the headline rates, think it is minimum £15 per month, plus I need to change my line rental to them. Surely £5 / month diffce would be better spent on a PS3?

PS3? Not for me but probably for some. My BB+phone rental is £20 a month, landline calls are free up to 59 minutes each call.

I use ADSL24, not the cheapest but extremely reliable and always come in the top 10 on online polls / surveys

I'm on Be Unlimited - completely unmetered usage for £18 a month. Speeds are up to 24Mbit/s download - in practice I get about 13.5Mbit/s with 1Mbit upload. Good value I'd say, and I haven't had any problems.

On this subject, is anyone here with Sky Broadband? We currently pay £25 a month for what was NTL, now is Virgin and we've just been upped for free to 10mb recently. Sky have just started advertising £5 a month for 8mb and seems a waste of money that we're paying £20 more!

Used Toucan for the last 5 years.....not a single problem, we get what we pay for, our exchange ( being in the middle of the back of beyond) can only take 2mb, so can not take advantage of all the great deals.

I'm at the point of changing supplier, tiscali have been w***y and I have finally got my MAC code. Problem is that I live in a relatively remote area that is not Local Loop Unbundled, so I can't get any of the cheapy deals like O2 / Sky etc (when I go on their websites I can only get a £18 package).

Sooo... I'm thinking of going for the AOL deal with the PS3 as I qualify for that one based on my number. Has anyone had any experience with them (its a 2 year contract, so don't want to get it wrong)
cheers

Never ever AOL , Virgin arnt bad and Bee are ok , if a company has to give you a big gift you know theres something wrong

Back