• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I posted an identical poll in October. At that time 75% remained in favour of Brown with just the 25% wanting to see the back of him. Just wondered after a very turbulent week. What are the percentages now.

So a simple question. Brown in or Brown out?

Could we add a 'not sure'?

I could go either way, with this.

A lot depends on how he, Ron and the players react as the week unfolds.

This is quite a pivotal few days, IMHO.

Brown in. I've heard he hasn't lost the dressing room just yet, backed up by Timlin's comments on the radio. This seasons not over yet by a long shot. Some of the players have to take more of the blame. Lack of effort, inconsistency and being gutless when going a goal down away from home is part of the problem that even a new manager would struggle with.

I know I am an old fart but I can remember having the same conversations over the years about nearly every manager we have had. Always comes up is whether or not he has 'lost the dressing room'. Nearly always too, it transpires that he has not lost the dressing room and, after a couple of decent results, everyone settles down. Surely we can get through this hiaitus. Be strong my friends, all will be well. COYBB

Yep, agreed.

All depends how much PB wants it, for me.

I'd like to hear a rallying call style interview this week and a top performance on Saturday to be convinced.

Those weren't empty words at the weekend.

so right Andy ,this next match may well define our season

Voted in, unless there's a massive turnaround I don't think he should have his contract renewed but I can't see this team getting promoted no matter who is in charge, and we play well enough against the crap teams like Oldham for me to think we aren't getting relegated, so it seems like a waste of money to get someone in at this stage.

Interesting this vote

The noisy Brown Out Crowd on social media platforms are looking like the minority in reality :winking:

The irony of all this, is that it's PB himself who has fuelled it.

If he'd have come out with a fair and honest assessment of a poor performance and a promise to re-look at the way we defend away from home, for example, hardly any of this speculation would have kicked in.

This is hard for me to type, but Ron doesn't panic easily. It's one of his better traits, even if I never see a new ground in my lifetime.
The question has to be asked again: who is better and AVAILABLE? Please don't say Paul Lambert, and I have it on authority, well, I would wouldn't I, that Chris Powell is not keen on another bruising stint as a boss.
I think the Huddersfield and Charlton experiences knocked the enthusiasm out of the poor man.

Minority? A marginal minority of like 5%

Brexit was 48/52 and yet the losing voters are indeed a minority , regardless of margin.

In all aspects, this pole also proves what a difficult position Ron is in. If the vote was clear, granted, but if the fans cant separate themselves, its difficult for the person with the overall decision to make as well.

We as a club are at a cross roads and our short and medium term future is finely poised, with a manager and so many players approaching a summer of expired contracts. For me, if Ron was 100% satisfied, he wouldn't just say what he did in the paper, he would offer PB a contract to sign now and of course PB would probably sign it, as it gives him security. The fact for me that he hasn't done this, is that he, is like the poll, very torn.

RM 100% wants PB to do well and on the whole, I reckon RM is pleased with what PB has achieved over his tenure, but Ron needs to now also consider the next 3 to 5 years ... this is where we are. We as the fans often vote and talk in the now, because defeats or victories either hurt or please us, we get wrapped up in the here and now .. for Ron and other chairmen ( chairperson - gender friendly ) its tough, they have a personal affinity with a manager, especially if they appointed them in the first place, but also they have a 'business' to run as well.

Difficult difficult times

Brexit was 48/52 and yet the losing voters are indeed a minority , regardless of margin.

In all aspects, this pole also proves what a difficult position Ron is in. If the vote was clear, granted, but if the fans cant separate themselves, its difficult for the person with the overall decision to make as well.

We as a club are at a cross roads and our short and medium term future is finely poised, with a manager and so many players approaching a summer of expired contracts. For me, if Ron was 100% satisfied, he wouldn't just say what he did in the paper, he would offer PB a contract to sign now and of course PB would probably sign it, as it gives him security. The fact for me that he hasn't done this, is that he, is like the poll, very torn.

RM 100% wants PB to do well and on the whole, I reckon RM is pleased with what PB has achieved over his tenure, but Ron needs to now also consider the next 3 to 5 years ... this is where we are. We as the fans often vote and talk in the now, because defeats or victories either hurt or please us, we get wrapped up in the here and now .. for Ron and other chairmen ( chairperson - gender friendly ) its tough, they have a personal affinity with a manager, especially if they appointed them in the first place, but also they have a 'business' to run as well.

Difficult difficult times

Great post 'TTS'. :thumbsup:

Brexit was a vote of the people.

Brown out is to gauge the consensus of the fans.

Ron Martin will not use this as a tool to make any decision. With that in mind it's hardly a fair comparison.

What is interesting is that just 2 months ago 20% more voted for Brown in.

This shows that he is losing what was once a big backing .

Back