• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When I lived in London there was a poster of Robson & Jerome, and Soldier Solider was on an certain "repeats sattelite channel" (an early 'Dave') ......the tag line was.... [Soldier, Soldier] A reason for Living...and some wag had graffitti'd "In another country" underneath. :hilarious:

I'm pretty sure, on a similar vein, Liverpool had once made a disastrous start to a PL season and at Liverpool Airport, the sign that said "Welcome to Liverpool John Lennon Airport "Above us, only sky"", someone had written underneath "Below us, only Queens Park Rangers"!

Or the famous one in Liverpool many years ago outside a church was a board with a poster saying "Jesus Saves" and underneath someone wrote "and Keegan scores from the rebound"

For many years there was "Barnsley Boggy" on the wall at the entrance to the car park at North Bank end..on the side of the shop. I met Barnsley Boggy in their supporters club. Just more random spray paint nonsense.Oh errrr cannotvresist it...Ozzie & Joe SUFC.

As I hoped and predicted, Ranger stays as ours, although only in football do you get a gaol sentence and get to be instantly re-employed

As I hoped and predicted, Ranger stays as ours, although only in football do you get a gaol sentence and get to be instantly re-employed

Not entirely true, as a some of your bin men are ex-cons but it is well known that it's tough to get a job if you have a criminal record.

I can't see the point of dumping him...it'd do no one any good, including Ranger himself but this has to be his absolute, final chance.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest - I'm not sure that I'd want to clap him back onto the pitch as a returning hero though.
He is going to have to do a lot to win me round.

So as per last season likely to get about 15-20 games max when he is anywhere near full fitness. Would hope we are looking at another striker as don't think Robinson, cox and Fortune is enough.

Not entirely true, as a some of your bin men are ex-cons but it is well known that it's tough to get a job if you have a criminal record.

I can't see the point of dumping him...it'd do no one any good, including Ranger himself but this has to be his absolute, final chance.

As I've said before, there is no rule that says a person has a limited or finite number of chances .......... sometimes the more difficult option is to keep trying with an individual rather than pushing the problem away.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest - I'm not sure that I'd want to clap him back onto the pitch as a returning hero though.
He is going to have to do a lot to win me round.

Fair point, but this is an odd scenario.

I'm sure everyone was leaping about with his stunner at Wimbledon or that vital opening goal at home to Oldham. I know I was.

However, at that point, he had already pleaded guilty to the charge he is currently serving time for.

A charge for a crime committed before he joined us.

He is only guilty, under our stewardship, of what he was banned for in January.

Since then, he has been a decent fella, in truth and has looked after the club mascot on occasions, since January, with a number of people feeling he did a more than decent job at it.

Seems a likeable guy and clearly appreciates what the club is doing for him, in return.

Back