• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT cut another 10'000 Jobs this morning

love it !!!

always amazes me when i get cold calls and the person speaking in broken english is always called an english name!! ie allo i am de man called tony!

on the news last night they reckon 3 million could be out of work very soon.

The quickest way to get rid of these people is to say you are very interested but cant understand. Please can you put me onto someone who speaks English.

Well time to get training to be... a postman :)

Funny you should say that, just got a call this morning. I start a week on Monday (I was already down to be a Xmas temp for 3 weeks) but this is a permanent 9-2 contract. Only real issue for me is Saturday working but I see it as a short-term fix before going back to uni either in 2009 or 2010.

Virgin Media who I got laid off by in July have announced they're also shedding over 2,000 jobs so lucky I didn't try & stay with them either.

Well I returned to work today after a three month sabbatical (which I was very lucky to get as the financial crisis really began to bite just after it was granted) and have immediately been shifted to a different newspaper because advertising revenue is down 50 per cent and they can't sustain a full time reporter on the Brentwood Weekly News.

So anyone who reads the Maldon and Burnham Standard (not many of you I imagine) will get the dubious pleasure of my presence for the foreseeable future.

Pretty safe at the moment but the aviation industry is always a bit dodge, my firm are doing alright though so there's no immediate concern.

Well time to get training to be... a postman :) .
Im kind of hopeing for redundancy anyway , ive gone as far as possible in the IT game , plus ive got my dyslexia test next wednesday so , change is good embrace it its propably about to make your life better ;)

If you come early,the postal service is not for you.

Times are indeed scary for the automotive industry. I reckon VW will survive, Toyota will be number one, by some distance in the next few years. GM will merge with someone, probably Chrysler. Obama will bail out of a Ford

The new landscape will be Chinese car companies.

:P

Changed it for accuracy.

Back