• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Stamina

MrB

Life President
Having thought I was all set for next season I realised that I've sold some of my better stamina players and my newer ones are not so hot. Decided to take action now, 7 fitness coaches now employed, only Sajjad is receiving non-fitness nets.

Looking down at my 14 I've got to work up from:
1 x woeful
2 x feeble
4 x mediocre
2 x competent
2 x respectable
2 x proficient
1 x strong

Ideally I'd like to get everyone to respectable but that could take a while! Probably won't bother with the woeful as he's one of two WK's I have and will probably sell him come the new season:

Alan Littler - 25 yo, BT Rating=41,023
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: respectable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: feeble

assuming this guy can play every game once his stamina gets up:

Carlos Askew - 18 yo, BT Rating=31,706
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: respectable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre

How's your stamina looking for the new season?

My squad have a couple of feebles, many mediocre and competents with 1 or 2 respectables. I'm using two fitness nets at the moment, soon to be 4 when my captain pops in bowling. I think it at least competent will do for the first season.

From my squad of 18 I have,

1 x abysmal (who's a WK anyway)
3 x woeful
5 x feeble
4 x mediocre
1 x competent
4 x respectable

Not surprisingly the batsmen in the team take up most of the stamina from mediorce above, with only 2 bowlers with above mediocre stamina, but as my team is made up of all spinners nearly, they don't need the stamina as badly.

Dharmadasa Gamage - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,286
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

My first XI I have 4 Mediocre, 5 Comp, 1 Feeble and 1 Woeful.

I'm ignoring the Woeful as he is my worst batsman who I'm going to replace with a YP at the beginning of next season.

The feeble has my only Stamina slot and should almost be at Mediocre but I'll keep him going until he gets to comp.

Depending on what I get from my ITS at the begining of next season will then depend on how many slots I have left over for Stamina.

IIRC 4 proficients, 3 respectables, 2 mediocres, 1 woeful and 1 feeble.

I have currently three fitness nets.

Unfortunately my latest trainee (youth pull) is the feeble. I hope the woeful and the mediocre drop out of my team when I get my week 1 proficient bowling, proficient consistency and my week 2 proficient batting, proficient concentration youth pulls at the start of the next season.

I thought your team all had superb stamina B?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 14 2006,00:06)]Having thought I was all set for next season I realised that I've sold some of my better stamina players and my newer ones are not so hot.
It's been getting slowly worse....

My 1st team has

1 x Respectable
5 x Competent
1 x Mediocre
1 x Feeble
2 x Woful
1 x Abysmal

I've also got another XI which doesn't have anything above Mediocre  
wow.gif

Going to see what I get from my 1st 4 YP's next season, and also how the FC games affect eveything, and then work out a training programme from there.

Qadeer Ul-rehman (400349)  
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 7,504 (+9)  
Wages: £969 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

My only pop this week  
sad.gif

Think I've had a result with my promotion into IV, looks like I've copped a fairly weak one (IV.14)  
smile.gif

Just got this bloke for 0 ITS. I was so so so close to using my 30 ITS on a new bowler. Arghhh. The chances of me getting a good YP next week is pretty slim now. Was thinking i might save 40-50 up and getting a 19YP as i dont have many spaces for net training.

My stamina looks pretty cack, so will be concentrating on the limited over matches until i feel confident enough that the majority can play 5/7 days of the week.

Martin Woodbridge (904665)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: General Stars
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,223
Wages: £548 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

Where's me luck when i need it.

tounge.gif

Where do we see what league we go into?!

For the record i have:

2 x Woeful (Titterton's only weakness) and my WK!
3 x Med
2 x Comp
1 Prof
3 x Resp

Just seen the sledgin boards, i've got into IV.2 ... and ouch!! It aint gunna be easy at all. Need to make a couple of signings me thinks. Also, my fitness has drop to Invigorated ... has anyone elses done this?

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 14 2006,13:56)]Where do we see what league we go into?!
There's a thread on England sledging

Looks like you're going into IV.2

The side that finished 4th in that divison posted these ratings for his last game

NU Warriors
Top Order: quality  
Middle Order: competent  
Lower Order: abysmal  
Seam Bowling: strong  
Spin Bowling: proficient

Good luck
laugh.gif

Yeah, checked all teams and im gunna be happy with 4th looking at it. Perhaps i should concentrate on the First class matches!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 14 2006,14:13)]Also, my fitness has drop to Invigorated ... has anyone elses done this?
Doesn't really matter as team fitness and morale reset before the season starts anyway.

Looks like I've got a lot of decent teams promoting into my division. Fortunately the team relegating is pretty naff, as I finished 2nd I'll be playing him first and can get my season off to a decent start.

No stamina pops from 7 nets! Not totally surprised though as 5 of them were on their first or second week from the previous pop. Sajjad got a pop though:

9. Adeem Sajjad - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,267
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable

Only a couple of weeks from proficient stamina and mediocre fielding. Will be an important player for me next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Aug. 14 2006,14:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 14 2006,13:56)]Where do we see what league we go into?!
There's a thread on England sledging

Looks like you're going into IV.2

The side that finished 4th in that divison posted these ratings for his last game

NU Warriors
Top Order: quality  
Middle Order: competent  
Seam Bowling: strong  
Spin Bowling: proficient

Good luck
laugh.gif
Just to really rub it in Kev, these are the ratings for the side that finished 4th in the division that I should be in next year  
tounge.gif

Hamptonians
Top Order:  proficient
Middle Order: feeble
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: woeful

4th in my league:

SteelBears
Top Order: competent
Middle Order: mediocre
Spin Bowling: competent

I think they'll be struggling next season though!

The team that finished 4th probably look the strongest team though. The teams that finished 2nd and 3rd dont look as good. Going to have a closer look and see who has come down. I've really got a toughie of a league here. Not been my day after the YP being useful with 0 ITS.

The team that finished 4th in my league,

Funky Funksters CC
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: respectable
Lower Order:abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: mediocre

The teams that are coming up to replace the bottom two are failry similar, respectable top orders and a respectable bowling in spin or seam, and the team playing the champions of my league are even worse than that, competent top order and even worse bowling then mine.

Do I go into the league of the side my qualifier is against? If so, I'd fancy myself to get into the top 3, maybe even top 2 providing I can win on Friday. IV.17 is the league they are in, and they produce half-decent ratings:

Slow Balls
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: woeful
Spin Bowling: woeful

They play on a hard and fast wicket, which doesnt suit my 2 spinners but never mind.

2nd & 3rd played each other a couple of weeks back and finished like this:

Mad Batters REWSTER
Top Order: quality competent
Middle Order: mediocre strong
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: superb respectable
Spin Bowling: competent useless
Fielding: competent feeble

Luckily 5th & 6th arent much cop and would much appreciate if someone could find out who is getting relegated from III!

Kev

cool.gif

Back