• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Stamina

Some team called Cold Beers who get mainly competent/respectable ratings. God there's some rubbish in Level III.

I think the team-ratings can be a little misleading. Taking Kev's division, the home team looks very impressive at first glance, but has no middle order. Some teams have a mediocre lower order, so you'll hardly be losing sleep over a middle order like that. An early wicket or two with the new ball will leave them in all sorts of trouble. A Superb seam bowling rating is pretty decent (although they have probably GFI), but compotent spin bowling equals easy runs.

The away team have a decent middle order and nothing else. An all seam attack of just respectable shouldn't cause too many problems.

Often the ratings are inflated by one star player and if they have an off day (remember if they are being trained they are more likely to be tired) you can beat them a lot easier with a balanced team than the ratings suggest.

Toddy's team is a case in point, wonderful top order and not much else. Remove Bartlett and he's very exposed.

My ratings have always been a bit naff because I don't have a star player but we bat strong down to 6 followed by 2 respectable/remarkables and a competent/superb if required. My bowlers are strong/proficient but they do the job.

The way I look at it is that a superb or strong bowler can remove a wonderful+ batsman but a wonderful+ bowler will find it very difficult to remove 4 or 5 strog/superb batsmen. In the long term I think my all round strategy will benefit me. I can chop and change my team next season without really weakening too much which will hopefully mean I can be successful in both FC and OD, more success = more money and members and then I can get myself a superstar or two. That's the plan anyway!!

Erm.. I appear to have gained 2 new players from nowhere?!!?

Any ideas how that has happened?

I got a 17 yr old and an 18 yr old.

One is medicore/medicore fast bowler which is pretty much what I need and the other is competent/abysmal.

Ah just found out one was a YP from a week or two ago I've kept for next season as a squad player.

The 17yo was one of Kev's YP's I bought the other week....

Really must stop drinking so much........

You make a pretty valid point HKB. My team, like Mr B's, is full of good all round players and im aiming for top 3 next year. Most people know their first eleven on here whereas in my squad of 17, i choose from 13 players that can start and win games for me. Next year should be a good test, esp if i solely concentrate on the one-day games!

Kev

Stamina:
2 x Respectable
2 x Competent
2 x Mediocre
9 x Feeble

Working to get all those feebles up to at least mediocre. Fortunately I've got 5 decent reserves (Respectable+) to help with the changes.

Some of the league IVs that have been mentioned don't sound too bad. I finished fourth this season in IV.18 and these were my ratings in the last game:
Top Order - Strong
Middle Order - Competent
Lower Order - Worthless
Seam Bowling - Proficient
Spin Bowling - Proficient
Fielding - Feeble

Having said that I had a really bad start to the season and probably should have finished in 2nd or 3rd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 14 2006,20:19)]Toddy's team is a case in point, wonderful top order and not much else.  Remove Bartlett and he's very exposed.  

The way I look at it is that a superb or strong bowler can remove a wonderful+ batsman but a wonderful+ bowler will find it very difficult to remove 4 or 5 strog/superb batsmen.
To be fair, I do have two Remarkable with very decent secondaries and two Superbs with the same in secondaries again, one of whom should be Wonderful but the end of next season.

It's just I have no bowlers. Prof/Med is my best.

We'll find out on Sunday if your allround team can knock me out cheaply again.

I think home advantage could be the key. A green pitch is really not what you're looking for!

Just to set peoples minds at ease about ratings, here's the ratings in th ematch between 3rd and 6th in the CC:

A Few Cheap Gins CC Inter Lancs
Top Order: superb proficient
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: woeful worthless
Seam Bowling: strong respectable
Spin Bowling: useless competent
Fielding: mediocre mediocre

and 5th v 7th:

Sherwood CCC Frenetic Sloggers CC
Top Order: superb respectable
Middle Order: mediocre competent
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal