• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Transfer Talk

10. Vallabh Ahmed (1098436) shortcut

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fair fitness.
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Doobie Bombers
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 70,344
Wages: £16,898 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: superb

This has just popped up on the market, I'll be after him.

EDIT: Great, competing with BrianStar's team for Ahmed.

Last edited:
Which one would be the best prospect?

Jonathan Ferguson (1063401)

LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Kalahari Surfers
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 38,644
Wages: £9,273 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: proficient

Popped in bowling this week

Karl Wall (1577189)

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Kalahari Surfers
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 39,113
Wages: £3,878 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: superb

Dexter Forrest (1081120)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: The Fat Pig
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 38,636
Wages: £8,613 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

Ferguson ends today at 2.40, and the other two on firday.

Depends if you want any batting, and if you're going to train them. If you need the batting then Forrest obviously, otherwise I would go for Wall

Seamus Regan (1635810)

LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, moderate fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Gingershire
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,775
Wages: £1,168 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

How much would you expect to pay for someone like this and should I swerve it due to feeble stamina ?

I have no need especially for additional bowlers this season but I'm trying to line a couple up to test out for bowling order/orders for the rest of this season so I can hit the ground running next season

Seamus Regan (1635810)

LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, moderate fitness.
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Gingershire
Battrick Rating: 7,775
Wages: £1,168 p/w

Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

How much would you expect to pay for someone like this and should I swerve it due to feeble stamina ?

I have no need especially for additional bowlers this season but I'm trying to line a couple up to test out for bowling order/orders for the rest of this season so I can hit the ground running next season

it's difficult to say, I've seen proficients going for up to a million or so in some cases, though i suspect this guy might be cheaper as a lot of people will have med stamina as their search minimum. maybe 400k? I wouldn't be too bothered about feeble stamina, it doesn't take that long to train if you so desire and i think he'd be fine for OD games if that was all he did anyway.

it's tricky though, i've been looking at bringing in people around that level as well and prices really fluctuate. In completely unrelated news, Barnesy got an XP pop after his first century yesterday- woeful XP on a 17yo, happy days..

Depends how much money you have ORM. You'd be better off saving if you haven't got £2m I think.

Cheers - £2.1 in bank - happy to drop down to £1.75 so I need to lower my sights. I need more bowlers that will be able to compete in FC V. I probably have four that will hold their own but I need two maybe three more for rotation/fitness and OD. I clear over 200K on a full home week and more or less flat on an away week so I'll have more tucked away soon but I'd still like to experiment with new blood

This one cost me 75K and I have a bowling net I can spare

Ryan Mitchell (1276701)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Battrick Rating: 6,457
Wages: £560 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable

Realistically I should be aiming for an out an out fast bowler but mediums and spinners seem to be more flexible

if the V you end up in is anything like mine, resp or prof bowlers will be able to do a job in most games. you can get away with less in some matches as well, because of how easy VI FC is a lot of teams will be coming up who have little idea of what they're doing + will have poor PFL. Up until a couple of games ago my 36yo no.3 bat and part-time spinner (woe/feeb bowling) was in the leading averages for the division!

For sale:

4. Bob Beattir - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,464 [transfer listed]
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: proficient
Fielding: worthless

Currently at £1k. Mid-way to resp bowling.

this player looks useful

2. Alan Lampard
Plays for: The Huns Stamina: superb W/Keeping: elite
Age: 25 years old Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
BT Rating: 521,409 Bowling: woeful Consistency: elite
Deadline: 04/04/2008 0:49 Fielding: feeble

this player looks useful

2. Alan Lampard
Plays for: The Huns Stamina: superb W/Keeping: elite
Age: 25 years old Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
BT Rating: 521,409 Bowling: woeful Consistency: elite
Deadline: 04/04/2008 0:49 Fielding: feeble

Doubt his wages are friendly.

does anyone have any advice/thoughts on what is reasonable to pay for players with middling skill levels (e.g with primaries somewhere between high resp-strong)? The prices around these levels seem to be all over the place at the moment- a few weeks back i picked up a bowler 2 weeks off prof for 62k, but players I'm interested in around those levels now are regularly going for about 400k, with strongs making 7 figures. I'm aware I got lucky, but any thoughts/history on what the benchmark should be?

For filler players with mediocre stamina and secondary I look to pay no more than:

Respectable: £150k
Proficient: £300k

Picked up this guy for £100k:

Wages: £942 p/w
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Am going to slip him a batting net while Plummer is resting for U-19's.

For filler players with mediocre stamina and secondary I look to pay no more than:

Respectable: £150k
Proficient: £300k

Picked up this guy for £100k:

Wages: £942 p/w
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Am going to slip him a batting net while Plummer is resting for U-19's.

yeah that's been a strategy I've used to good effect- picking up players with stam or secondaries slightly lower than I'd like, or older players to fill in for a couple of seasons. Just finding it very hard to judge the value of a player, as it seems like nobody else knows either.

Just spent 500k on a resp/resp 17yo bowler, released a batting net and using it on him.

would that be Scott Dyke? worth it for the name alone.... i assume this is his picture? :p

rhon.jpg

Back