• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you going on Saturday

• Yep, I'll be there

Votes: 127 56.7%
  • Not a chance, I've had enough

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Sitting on fence, getting splittered arse

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Bart

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Not going, but its not because of results or Brown

Votes: 51 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be taking my 94 year old Dad, son and sister and brother in law over from Australia. Three generations of the blues there together which will be a bit special for me. Do hope we put on a show decent show at least for them to remember.

Would be there if we were here BUT we're on our holidays!!! :smiles:
Me too :happy::happy:
I must admit after the Fleetwood game I was quite happy to have a break from it for 4 weeks but will definitely be checking my Twitter and listening to Blues Player on Saturday afternoon :thumbsup:

I will be there, I'm always there unless I'm physically out of the country. No idea what that says about me. This is certainly one that I'm not looking forward to in the least. Having said that, I have felt this way in the past, and been pleasantly surprised, so lets hope for more good surprises on Saturday.

I very, very rarely drink before afternoon football, as I find its too much of a gamble - it makes every loss feel so, so much worse, although a victory is heightened as well. In general, its a gamble that I don't normally take, but this Saturday will be an exception, and I am intending to pop into the Railway prior to the game to get a couple of numbing beers down the hatch.

I will be there, I'm always there unless I'm physically out of the country. No idea what that says about me. This is certainly one that I'm not looking forward to in the least. Having said that, I have felt this way in the past, and been pleasantly surprised, so lets hope for more good surprises on Saturday.

I very, very rarely drink before afternoon football, as I find its too much of a gamble - it makes every loss feel so, so much worse, although a victory is heightened as well. In general, its a gamble that I don't normally take, but this Saturday will be an exception, and I am intending to pop into the Railway prior to the game to get a couple of numbing beers down the hatch.

No doubt there will be a pretty decent atmosphere at the Blue Boar if you're feeling a bit keen. Body armour and tooled up optional.

I'll be there, and the next home game and the one after that until I die ( well I'll deffo miss some but that is not the point!).
Managers, players, chairman, they all come and go - the majority will be **** but I'll watch southend regardless - gives me something to do with the kids and gets me out the house.

Actually that is a good questions at what level do I stop watching - not sure I'll watch lower than conference so as long as we dont get triple relegated I should be ok:thumbsup:

I'll be there, and the next home game and the one after that until I die ( well I'll deffo miss some but that is not the point!).
Managers, players, chairman, they all come and go - the majority will be **** but I'll watch southend regardless - gives me something to do with the kids and gets me out the house.

Actually that is a good questions at what level do I stop watching - not sure I'll watch lower than conference so as long as we dont get triple relegated I should be ok:thumbsup:

Non-League is actually so much more fun and entertaining to watch. More people should give it a go. I'm talking Ryman level.

I have ticket, as my mate boughted them last month, if he didn't get them for me, I wouldn't go!

i don't blame the fans for not going, who want to go and see the players give up too easily & lose game on purpose until PB leave.

Only 4600 home seats sold Blimey

Fans starting to vote with their feet

And we had a target of over 8000 homes Fans as well I believe ... we be lucky to see 6000 home fans on Saturday

No matter, what our club does , its all about winning , if you get thrashed 4.0 away at tin pot clubs its starts to be a running Joke

I work in the City everyone's laughing at me today ...... hard enough been a Southend Fan in a sea of Premier**** fans :-)

I reckon the home tickets sold will make 5k, add another 1500 from Millwall and a 6.5k gate is likely. Considering what has gone on recently that's not bad. Now, if Inniss can make his debut then we may see a 7k gate.

Non-League is actually so much more fun and entertaining to watch. More people should give it a go. I'm talking Ryman level.

I watched Rayleigh Town vs Harold Wood on Saturday (father in law used to be involved in them, I'm from rayleigh so we went) I took my 9 year old with me, he counted around 800 f words - that was the highlighted apart from a last minute winner from Harold Wood scored of someones *** :-)

I'll be going to give my ears a rest from her indoors. Yes there will still be moaning but at least it will be football related. And if I'm at home every chance I'll be given DIY tasks to do instead

I'll be going to my first game of the season and looking forward to it, it's only September and things can only get better can't they. Taking my grandson to his first game which makes it a bit special for me and hope it's the start of his love for the Blues. His other grandfather is a WH fan so I hope things will improve against Millwall or I might struggle to keep him interested. The people who say they won't go again until PB is sacked what will they do when he turns things around?

I'll be going to my first game of the season and looking forward to it, it's only September and things can only get better can't they. Taking my grandson to his first game which makes it a bit special for me and hope it's the start of his love for the Blues. His other grandfather is a WH fan so I hope things will improve against Millwall or I might struggle to keep him interested. The people who say they won't go again until PB is sacked what will they do when he turns things around?

Probably better to get him a spammers kit now tbh lol

I reckon the home tickets sold will make 5k, add another 1500 from Millwall and a 6.5k gate is likely. Considering what has gone on recently that's not bad. Now, if Inniss can make his debut then we may see a 7k gate.

Millwall will fill out the away end and I'm sure there will be at least 5500 home fans. Crowd should be 7500 to 8000 for this one. Could be a blessing if the team come out all guns blazing, but a real curse if we are woefully again.

I am going and am looking forward to it but feel one main reason that I am going is because it is Millwall. If it was say Shrewsbury I don't think I would bother. Then again I went for Millwall twice last year and didn't we lose 3-0 and 4-0?

I'll be going to my first game of the season and looking forward to it, it's only September and things can only get better can't they. Taking my grandson to his first game which makes it a bit special for me and hope it's the start of his love for the Blues.

Nice post, that.

Hope he enjoys the day. :thumbsup:

Back