• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you going on Saturday

• Yep, I'll be there

Votes: 127 56.7%
  • Not a chance, I've had enough

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Sitting on fence, getting splittered arse

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Bart

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Not going, but its not because of results or Brown

Votes: 51 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted in the poll but it's a pointless question as far as I'm concerned. I'm a Southend United supporter which means I support them through the good times and the bad. In fact they need my support more in the bad times and I'll provide it.

I'm also bringing my grandkids, the next generation of Southend fans. Not going to be much of an example if I say we won't go because we're not doing very well, or the players aren't good enough, or I don't like the manager.

See you all on Saturday!

I've been trying to get a new chant going. It starts off alright, but it always goes quiet on the second line for some reason.

We love Co-ker, we love Co-ker, ay ay ay, we love Co-ker
We love Cox, we love Cox, ay ay ay, we love Cox.

I've been trying to get a new chant going. It starts off alright, but it always goes quiet on the second line for some reason.

We love Co-ker, we love Co-ker, ay ay ay, we love Co-ker
We love Cox, we love Cox, ay ay ay, we love Cox.

I thought it was the Brown out chant at half time....

Over 5,000 home tickets sold now:thumbsup:

I don't know whether Southend supporter are gluttons for punishment, but that means that 500 home seats have been sold since this thread began on Sunday. A 7k gate is not impossible.

I don't know whether Southend supporter are gluttons for punishment, but that means that 500 home seats have been sold since this thread began on Sunday. A 7k gate is not impossible.

Well I would say highly possible baring in mind the scum bags normally bring 1,800-2,000.

Looks like the club have given away quite a few seats in the South Lower since Sunday, so not quite 'sold' but bums on seats at least!

Unfortunately/fortunately I have a prior engagement. I was have looking forward to seeing Dave Worrall so am disappointed. I have been wondering if Mr S Kavanagh will be attending and who he will be supporting. Seems odd we want him to work his notice when he is committed to a rival club.

For clarification; from Scunthorpe 4 Southend 0 thread;

No, you're wrong, he was one of my favourite players but his behaviour at the end of the season, particularly being the only player not to turn up for the Trust end of season awards and his behaviour at that sponsors' do really annoyed me. I don't appreciate being taken for a fool.

I don't know why he wasn't offered a contract earlier, maybe his off the field behaviour was a factor in that.

As for Leonard, I've said elsewhere, he's being asked to do too much on the pitch....constantly dropping into whichever defensive position has been vacated by someone getting caught up the pitch, as well as trying to pick passes and the occasional foray forward. He is vital to our side, our best asset. His contract needs sorting asap.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Blues4LifeDan
Rat boy? What's that name in aid of?

It was his nickname amongst the players.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JamesTheSuperBlue
Not wrong at all. Worrall was offered a new contract criminally late, but he WAS offered one, and if he wanted to stay as much as stories of him "sobbing" about not being offered one suggest then he'd have swallowed his pride and signed it. His poor relationship with Brown and Brown's relatively poor treatment of him especially in the second half of the season played a huge role in his ultimate decision to see his contract out and walk.

It was wrong though. Maybe he wasn't actually "sobbing", but he was very despondent and had tears in his eyes. I saw and heard him with my own eyes and ears. Not hearsay, not from Tilly's golf partner's milkman's neighbour' sister.

We know there had been issues with his behaviour but he was cut quite a lot of slack because of the personal tragedy concerning his baby. Pure speculation, but maybe he was given a set of conditions that he was asked to meet regarding his reliability, and maybe he didn't and that was why he wasn't offered a new contract early.

I was gutted he went but there was undoubtedly a side to him that Brown found difficult to deal with

For clarification; from Scunthorpe 4 Southend 0 thread;

No, you're wrong, he was one of my favourite players but his behaviour at the end of the season, particularly being the only player not to turn up for the Trust end of season awards and his behaviour at that sponsors' do really annoyed me. I don't appreciate being taken for a fool.

I don't know why he wasn't offered a contract earlier, maybe his off the field behaviour was a factor in that.

As for Leonard, I've said elsewhere, he's being asked to do too much on the pitch....constantly dropping into whichever defensive position has been vacated by someone getting caught up the pitch, as well as trying to pick passes and the occasional foray forward. He is vital to our side, our best asset. His contract needs sorting asap.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Blues4LifeDan
Rat boy? What's that name in aid of?

It was his nickname amongst the players.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JamesTheSuperBlue
Not wrong at all. Worrall was offered a new contract criminally late, but he WAS offered one, and if he wanted to stay as much as stories of him "sobbing" about not being offered one suggest then he'd have swallowed his pride and signed it. His poor relationship with Brown and Brown's relatively poor treatment of him especially in the second half of the season played a huge role in his ultimate decision to see his contract out and walk.

It was wrong though. Maybe he wasn't actually "sobbing", but he was very despondent and had tears in his eyes. I saw and heard him with my own eyes and ears. Not hearsay, not from Tilly's golf partner's milkman's neighbour' sister.

We know there had been issues with his behaviour but he was cut quite a lot of slack because of the personal tragedy concerning his baby. Pure speculation, but maybe he was given a set of conditions that he was asked to meet regarding his reliability, and maybe he didn't and that was why he wasn't offered a new contract early.

I was gutted he went but there was undoubtedly a side to him that Brown found difficult to deal with

Not anything amongst that lot which would be easy to shout out on Saturday, so I'll pass.

At least Worrall is looking forward to it ;

David Worrall says he'll be doing everything he can to help Millwall get a result over his former club Southend United on Saturday (3pm).

The winger returns to Roots Hall for the first time since his departure to join The Lions during the summer and expects Shrimpers boss Phil Brown to make adjustments to his team after a heavy defeat last weekend.

Worrall, who made 84 appearances for the Essex club between 2014 and 2016, said: "Southend are not in the best of form at the minute.

"There will be changes so we'll have to see what we are up against. I'm not sure if they will change formation but we just need to go there and get on top of them early doors.

"I've still got a few mates there who I speak to and we joke around saying we're going to kick each other! But it's a game I want to win. I had two good years there but I'll be doing everything I can to try and get that win, score a goal and celebrate."

Back