• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Burton Albion 0-2 Southend United

Id like to see Benyon given a go with Harris. Sampson has done ok but you can see he isnt used to this type of football. Benyon is a proven scorer at this level and has been unlucky not to bag a couple so far.

Sampson did more than OK at Burton. Won the ball in the air, laid it off well etc. Worked well with Harris. Where his inexperience showed was when he got into good positions where he should perhaps have been more positive and gone for goal himself. He deserves to start tomorrow especially if Neil Harris can carry on the way he played yesterday. His current loan spell must be up soon ... have seen it posted that tomorrow could be his last game unless we extend it. Tricky decision for PS.

Sampson did more than OK at Burton. Won the ball in the air, laid it off well etc. Worked well with Harris. Where his inexperience showed was when he got into good positions where he should perhaps have been more positive and gone for goal himself. He deserves to start tomorrow especially if Neil Harris can carry on the way he played yesterday. His current loan spell must be up soon ... have seen it posted that tomorrow could be his last game unless we extend it. Tricky decision for PS.

Couldn't put it better myself. Sampson should start up front with Harris tomorrow IMO. Longer term I'd expect him to return now that Flood seems to be fit.

I like Dickinson dont get me wrong he has a presence but in a different way to Sampson ....
Saw him smash a screamer at Braintree no keeper would have stopped last week.....so hard to ignore him!
Sampsons movement off the ball was very good he held the line up front physically and linked up with both Harris and
our midfield plus won some good headers .......
So i would start him with Harris as they looked good together and give them the chance to show Saturday was not a one off

Back