• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
On the Burton site , their midfielder Weir has said the following :

When asked what he knows about tomorrow’s opponents, Weir said “Obviously we had them in the play-offs last year and we have played them this year.”

He added "You know they are physical and the want to mix it up so its going to be a great test for the lads.
"When we played them down there a few of our lads come out with cuts and bruises."We all know what type of game to expect. They are big and physical".

Bloody big girl - let's smash them !

Happy to go on record and say I'd be happy with a point from this game. Well done to all those gearing up to attend. Mammoth effort on a Wednesday night.

Burton are weak - weak minded and weak in body.

Their manager Hassellbaink was a talented player but had a terrible attitude & if things werent going all his way he became a liablility to team spirit and was one of the laziest around. Despite Phil Browns adulation in the press , Jimmy Floyd hasnt any nous. He was lucky to inherit Gary Rowetts team & if we can get at them from the 1st whistle tomorrow night we'll smash em.

We owe them , i sincerely hope our players are in the mood to exact revenge by winning this one , and marching onto the title.

:Worthy:Pig hat trick + a rock solid Blues defence combining with our total domination of midfield to gain the win.

Their manager Hassellbaink was a talented player but had a terrible attitude & if things werent going all his way he became a liablility to team spirit and was one of the laziest around. Despite Phil Browns adulation in the press , Jimmy Floyd hasnt any nous. He was lucky to inherit Gary Rowetts team & if we can get at them from the 1st whistle tomorrow night we'll smash em.

We owe them , i sincerely hope our players are in the mood to exact revenge by winning this one , and marching onto the title.

:Worthy:Pig hat trick + a rock solid Blues defence combining with our total domination of midfield to gain the win.
This exactly................. I really hope as well that they've dropped the time wasting, pretend head injuries and general cheating from their game.

If they are weak what does that make the rest of the league which all sit below them....

Saves our manager the bother when the opposition does the team talk. Always a grim place to go to and always a nasty, industrial side. I have some respect for Pink Floyd Hasselhoff for going there, much like Paul Ince managing Macclesfield. Having said that, I'm going for the match being abandoned after their fourth sending off with us 12-3 up. Hasslehoff to be sacked on Thursday and Pirelli transferring their money to Basildon United.

Saves our manager the bother when the opposition does the team talk. Always a grim place to go to and always a nasty, industrial side. I have some respect for Pink Floyd Hasselhoff for going there, much like Paul Ince managing Macclesfield. Having said that, I'm going for the match being abandoned after their fourth sending off with us 12-3 up. Hasslehoff to be sacked on Thursday and Pirelli transferring their money to Basildon United.

They have to manage at this level because black managers aren't given a chance much higher up.

*unhijacks thread*

wish the team well tomorrow night have my ears glued to the radio as I am working till 9.30 . Now if you need a laugh go on the main site and read the report on tomorrows match .It states that the team will be travelling down over night wednesday for saturdays match . .How bad is it when your own clubs main site get it badly wrong :blush:

Burton might be timewasters but they are still one of the best teams in the league, would be happy with a point tomorrow.

This is funny!!

I can't stand Burton. I would go as far as to sayI'd rather watch Morecambe than Burton which is saying something in that I detest seeing Morecambe.

Anyway same result as last season will do nicely especially if we can nick it at the end!

This has got to be the most pumped up that we have been for an away game in a very long time. Having had a quick peep at their fan site, it is reciprocated by their fans (about 10 of them!!!). What a big shame that it is mid week otherwise the travelling faithful would have been there in larger numbers. I'm really confident of all three points coming our way.......................honest, I am:smile:

I see some of you have lost none of your charm

Tinpot Burton Albion,no fans, bunch of divers, timewaters etc.

Well we may not be as big a club as Southend but we are top of the league.

I still laugh at Phil Browns program notes in the 2nd leg of the play off semi last season, quote 'see you all at Wembley'

Got that one wrong!

Safe journey to those travelling tomorrow

Cheers

I see some of you have lost none of your charm

Tinpot Burton Albion,no fans, bunch of divers, timewaters etc.

Well we may not be as big a club as Southend but we are top of the league.

I still laugh at Phil Browns program notes in the 2nd leg of the play off semi last season, quote 'see you all at Wembley'

Got that one wrong!

Safe journey to those travelling tomorrow

Cheers

How'd that work out for you?

I noticed your players got less "head injuries" when you were losing.

Back