• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see some of you have lost none of your charm

Tinpot Burton Albion,no fans, bunch of divers, timewaters etc.

Well we may not be as big a club as Southend but we are top of the league.

I still laugh at Phil Browns program notes in the 2nd leg of the play off semi last season, quote 'see you all at Wembley'

Got that one wrong!

Safe journey to those travelling tomorrow

Cheers

Yep you're right , neither of us turned up at Wembley last season !

Quite well as it's turned out, great experience for the team and the fans.

Gave us the drive to try and improve this season, which we have.

We may have lost at Wembley but we did get there

Over the last few months Mr Brown has made a few comments about the home support; and even that at Daggers he worried that the team might have got some stick at half time if the score had been 1-1 and not the Lenny inspired lead.
From that should it not be that PB believes we (the players) are stronger mentally away from The Hall; and as such a good result at Burton is more likely?
I can't make this mid-week show down BUT am really looking forward to the next "BIG'UN" at Bury.
2-1 Blues win.:happy:`

That's the same charming Burton that got the captain warned about time-wasting after three minutes in the second leg?

We may have lost at Wembley but we did get there[/QUOT

Enjoy being top of the league...while it lasts, your run in is one of the toughest...just saying:winking:

You have to give earwig his due, coming on here and being nice to us!! We all wait with baited breath for the result now.

We may have lost at Wembley but we did get there

So did we the year before, we took 33,000. How about you?

Trips to Wembley are a good experience, but count for nothing if you dont win, especially in a play off final.

I was all primed for the match ....... and now (this evening) events mean I cannot go.

I will miss seeing the team but I won't miss going to Burton - the ground is okay but lacks "character" (which makes the journey there and back more tolerable). I've been a number of times now and have found the staff and stewards to be pleasant and welcoming.

The same team for Wednesday as at Daggers I would say ............. although I still worry about our central defence.

All the top three teams have a far better goal difference as well - but Corr and Pigott are doing well. So as long as we can keep cool at the back and apply the pressure at the other end .........

Pleased that Coventry won 2-0, I hope the like of Crewe, Scunthrope & Notts start winning too.

Back