• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From Spence on the Brewers board-

Phil Brown. As humble as ever. C*ck.

I can't think of a more dislikeable club than Southend. The circumstances surrounding the Maghoma sending off four years ago, being called a disgrace to the football league and undeserving of our place in the league on their forum for having the audacity to only take a handful of supporters down there for a Friday night game days before Christmas, the aggro we got after beating them in the play off semi final a few years ago, the total disrespect the orange tosser has shown us over the past few years and the way they went about their business at the Pirelli back in March.

Brewers 46 - 0 Southend. Please and thank you

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2071/southend-home-thread#ixzz3nOZULSFw
They have only been in the League 5 minutes so IMHO hav'nt earned any respect yet. Shame their grounds not wooden instead of the soulless prefab that it is. :whistling:

No different from last season people. They are top of the table and doing well, and we're on a bit of a roll and moving up. They didn't like us last season or the season before and it was seriously mutual. Hopefully the football will take everyone's minds off any real dislike and a win there for us will be very satisfying. Somehow, you just know we are going to nick this one, and then their board will go into disbelieving melt-down.

By the way, whilst Burton are not on my Christmas card list they are not in Col Ewe's class for dislikeabilty.

I actually prefer Colchester,i'm sorry to say, absolutely despise Burton.

Think you might be in the minority there CV Shrimper. Burton are disliked at the moment in the same way a few teams have been over the years (I had a real passionate hatred for Doncaster back about ten years ago) but it's a passing fad. They've got a long way to go before they even get close to being in Col Ewe's league for dislikeability for me.

One of the things I can't stand about Burton is how well run they are. They have never really had a bad team/manager and their set up is so superior to ours it is a joke. So jealousy is part of it. Bit embarrassing how we call them tinpot when we are arguably one of the most tinpot clubs in the league whilst Ron is at the helm.

I don't enjoy watching Burton play but hey ho I don't enjoy watching us play at the moment either and at least Burton has got some cracking pubs.

Well. I can't agree with this view that we are a "dirty" team. Are we a physical team? Not sure about that either - we are a hard working team that will attempt to close down players and stop them playing but our yellow card tally for the season would suggest that this is very much within the rules of the game.

As for liking/disliking ........... hhhmmm - I have visited the Sheffield Road ground about 5 times I would think and I don't reckon much to it* I'm afraid although I have always found the stewards to be helpful. So it is more ambivalence from me than any strong emotion.

(*And yet I know Roots Hall must seem scabby and crappy for visiting fans but we all know why that is.)

It seems (statistically) unlikely that we would win 4 games on the trot so perhaps a draw would be nice. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Well. I can't agree with this view that we are a "dirty" team. Are we a physical team? Not sure about that either - we are a hard working team that will attempt to close down players and stop them playing but our yellow card tally for the season would suggest that this is very much within the rules of the game.

As for liking/disliking ........... hhhmmm - I have visited the Sheffield Road ground about 5 times I would think and I don't reckon much to it* I'm afraid although I have always found the stewards to be helpful. So it is more ambivalence from me than any strong emotion.

(*And yet I know Roots Hall must seem scabby and crappy for visiting fans but we all know why that is.)

It seems (statistically) unlikely that we would win 4 games on the trot so perhaps a draw would be nice. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

We probably need to put all of this like/dislike into perspective. We average about 5k home fans per home game, of which maybe 5 or 6 have posted on here that they dislike Burton enough to post. The Burton Board is pretty similar on crowds versus comments. Probably no more than 2 or 3 posters have posted true dislike. Ironically they are more worried about the unpredictability of Mr Kettle. It just a bit of tribal posturing.

We're incredibly dirty in terms of cheating. I mean we start time-wasting in the first half if we're in the lead, we stand in front of every free-kick opponents try to take quickly etc etc. The type of thing that is "professional" when we do it but "cheating" when opponents do it.

We're incredibly dirty in terms of cheating. I mean we start time-wasting in the first half if we're in the lead, we stand in front of every free-kick opponents try to take quickly etc etc. The type of thing that is "professional" when we do it but "cheating" when opponents do it.

You have probably described nearly every club in FL1 and FL2.

No different from last season people. They are top of the table and doing well, and we're on a bit of a roll and moving up. They didn't like us last season or the season before and it was seriously mutual. Hopefully the football will take everyone's minds off any real dislike and a win there for us will be very satisfying. Somehow, you just know we are going to nick this one, and then their board will go into disbelieving melt-down.

By the way, whilst Burton are not on my Christmas card list they are not in Col Ewe's class for dislikeabilty.

I received your card in the post today thanks Rootshallbloke :winking:

I think my main reason for disliking Burton was because of Rowett. That's kind of manifested itself over time. I probably think one of the other reasons others dislike them is because subconsciously they are envious of them. The fact they have no history, a small fan base and little stadium, and yet the seem to attract good managers and create a better team than ours. People just think, how? Admittedly their training facility is the best in the country, alas we have the main reason of why they are an attractive outfit. Nevertheless you do question their success, rightly or wrongly.

I do think it's healthy to have these little rivalries though. Donny and Swansea to name a few in the past.

Bring it on tomorrow!

Hoping we bring our A game, then we could be in for a cracker. Before the match i would definitely take a draw though. I personally have no animosity towards any other clubs. On the day i wanna beat them for sure but apart from that they are just a club like us getting by. UTB

Has there been any injuries update in the last day or so?
If not then I would 2nd guess PB & expect that we have some doubts on things (like Luke's ham and it is still tight etc) so maybe changes will be made before the niggle injuries become a month out.

Same team to start. Not sure about having a 2nd winger, being the only one does give Worrall free rein to go either side. Can't abide Burton, don't remember a worse bunch of cheating, writhing around on the ground load of *ankers. I hoped they might improve under JFB, at least pony tail boy McGurk has moved on.

I am hoping Mr Kettle continues to be our lucky talisman and we come back with at least one point.

Same team to start. Not sure about having a 2nd winger, being the only one does give Worrall free rein to go either side. Can't abide Burton, don't remember a worse bunch of cheating, writhing around on the ground load of *ankers. I hoped they might improve under JFB, at least pony tail boy McGurk has moved on.

I am hoping Mr Kettle continues to be our lucky talisman and we come back with at least one point.
Do we know if Hunt is still not 100% fit? If he is fully fit I just think it will be a shame not to start our most talented forward. I would go Hunt for Mooney.

...I also had a dream last night that there was a Shrimper Zone ping pong tournament and I got knocked out in the first round (woke up absolutely gutted :sad:). I think I need to a) get out more and b) spend less time on here!

...I also had a dream last night that there was a Shrimper Zone ping pong tournament and I got knocked out in the first round (woke up absolutely gutted :sad:). I think I need to a) get out more and b) spend less time on here!

and c) have a cup of warm milk just before bed-time ...........

Back