• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Calling all you teachers out there....

Depnds.... you looking for primary or secondary?
I'd say for Primary those are your best bets, hands down.
Secondary is somestimes a bit different - for a start check TES website ASWELL as paper. I think it costs the school about £500 to advertise in the paper, far less on line.
It's also worth at times getting in touch with LEA direct, especially for shortages (Essex, Southend, Thurrock).
If you google search you will prob just get loads of agencies, but a friend of mine did find a job this way. If your area is more precise, you could always send an email to local schools asking if they will have vacancies for Sept.

Further to that, London Boroughs will prob know what schools have shortages IF you get to find the right person! I know if contacted Tower Hamlets or Hackney they'd prob point you in the right direction...

This teaching lark sounds like a right old holiday. My sister has another day off today and there is hardly any snow.

Come on MK, you know EXACTLY what day that is........

And I know you don't read the Grauniad, I assume you're a Daily Mail man?

Honestly mate I don't read any newspapers. Only buy the Guardian on Saturday for the TV guide and the magazine which has some nice recipes and a General Knowledge crossword that I can do on the crapper.

Further to that, London Boroughs will prob know what schools have shortages IF you get to find the right person! I know if contacted Tower Hamlets or Hackney they'd prob have a snatch squad pick you up and deliver you straight to Induction 1.01 (Self Defense - Knives) before you put the phone down.

Corrected for you, Andy.... :whistling:

I'll do some scouting round next week then. Cheers for that :)

Bascially if it is a percieved 'tough' school, it's likely to have vacancies (turnover is high) - they are also unlikely to be able to warrent spending £500+ to advertise in TES esp as the teacher may only stay for a term or two.

It's not a good situation.

Good luck mate, I know how stressful it can be!

Honestly mate I don't read any newspapers. Only buy the Guardian on Saturday for the TV guide and the magazine which has some nice recipes and a General Knowledge crossword that I can do on the crapper.

That crossword is good - some leftie pal of mine takes the Grauniad and we tackle that over a few pints on Sunday lunchtime, together with the one from the Sunday Express magazine which I nick from my Dad. Not many people read those publications together.

Back