• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Calm Down Everyone, we're the Dogs Bo lox

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Up untill the sending off, we were in control of the game against a strong Brighton side, we looked likely to score at any time and we was playing our best football this season.

So considering we await the return of The Mac who will make a huge difference in midfield and Walker to add more pace up front, then I think it all looks good for the season, which remember guys, it's only just begun.So calm down.

Revell looks a really decent player now that he's fully fit and like a lot last night, ran his socks off.The commitment and effort was first class.

I can't say that any player had a nightmare last night and I now think that we will be in at least the play-offs at the end of the season.

Up untill the sending off, we were in control of the game against a strong Brighton side, we looked likely to score at any time and we was playing our best football this season.

So considering we await the return of The Mac who will make a huge difference in midfield and Walker to add more pace up front, then I think it all looks good for the season, which remember guys, it's only just begun.So calm down.

Revell looks a really decent player now that he's fully fit and like a lot last night, ran his socks off.The commitment and effort was first class.

I can't say that any player had a nightmare last night and I now think that we will be in at least the play-offs at the end of the season.

I would agree with most of this except looking likely to score at any time....

We didn't look likely to score in a million years. We played the ball around very well and looked good, but there was no final ball!!

1st half we didnt look like scoring despite being the better team, however second half we did look a lot more likely to score.

davidswebbsbrain is right though, we do lack the incisive killer ball.

However there were still plenty of positives from last night.

Don't know how Walker can add more pace, Revell truly was Red Rum at the gallop last night and I really like him and Barney together. I think with a bit of decent service these two can be a really good pairing.

Stick an attacking midfielder with a bit of experience in that team for Moussa and we'll be as good as anyone at this level.

Don't know how Walker can add more pace, Revell truly was Red Rum at the gallop last night and I really like him and Barney together. I think with a bit of decent service these two can be a really good pairing.

I think that HRK had a lot of space out wide last night and that the much faster Walker , with the bit between his teeth would have exploited it more and may have provided better service too as you say, a really good pairing.

not often i agree with you old blue but on this one i think you are 100% right and that is unusual cause you'r a woman lol.
Bring on walsall.
Up until the sendi ng of we played some lovely football more of that next week and 3 points are in the bag

Interestingly enough, despite all the doom and gloom when we went up 3 seasons ago we had the same points tally as we do now after 3 league games, it's early season and very hard to judge yet. Also we have 1 more point this season than we had at this stage last season. Give the team time, I expect another brilliant 2nd half of the season.

Would an attacking midfield stop the goals going in the other end?

I don't think goals conceeded will be a big problem this year. Mildenhall is making a massive difference to the way that we defend, and Clarke and Barrett look much more comfortable defending a higher line than having to face an aerial bombardment 18 yards out like they have in the past couple of years. We look a big side with talented and experienced defenders and will be hard to break down over the season, but the question now is whether we can score the goals to challenge, which is the reverse of what our problems were with our previous goalkeeper.

A creative midfielder who likes to get forward and support the front two will add a huge amount to our attacking play. Bailey and McCormack would have thrived playing with Revell upfront on last night's display.

Would an attacking midfield stop the goals going in the other end?

I reckon having 11 players on the pitch could help ?

Thought until we went down to 10 men we defended really well last night.

Not sure about Mildenhall to be honest yet as he has had a couple of moments of flapping already, but early days yet.

Not sure about Mildenhall to be honest yet as he has had a couple of moments of flapping already, but early days yet.

As Beefy said elsewhere, Mildenhall will make mistakes, that's why he plays at this level and not higher. It's the type of goalkeeper he is that will help us defensively this season and we'll just have to live with the odd mistake here and there. Very happy with him and think that generally Tilson has become extremely astute in the transfer market in 2008.

I wouldn't say we're fantastic but I wouldn't say we were 2 goals poorer either. I don't think we'd have conceded with 11 men although allowing turns and shots from 6 yards in the box was a bit shocking.

We're just at least one player from being a good side but until that player comes in we'll be a fairly dull midtable team, I'm afraid.

Hope some people took my tip on under 2.5 goals - keep an eye out for it next match too

Yep, there was the Barney incident but also early in the second half a Brighton player underhit a backpass and Revell and Kuipers went for a 50/50 ball which broke very fortunately for the latter.

As Beefy said elsewhere, Mildenhall will make mistakes, that's why he plays at this level and not higher. It's the type of goalkeeper he is that will help us defensively this season and we'll just have to live with the odd mistake here and there.

I'm glad you agree. Mildenhall isn't as good on his line as Flahavan was, but few goalkeepers in the country have as good reactions and as safe a pair of hands as Darryl does - that's exactly how he's managed to carve a decent career for himself as a goalkeeper despite his oft-mentioned limitations. But there's more to goalkeeping than having a safe pair of hands.

Mildenhall WILL make mistakes. He WILL cost us goals over the course of the season. The question is whether he'll cost us as many goals as having a midget goalkeeper who couldn't/wouldn't come off of his line and who forced his defenders to deal with every high ball into the box themselves did.

Back