• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Cloning

class

SZ's Official Accountant⭐
Got a letter today basically saying I hit another car up the **** on 15/11/07, somewhere in Norfolk. I can definitely say I was not in Norfolk on that day, and have no idea what they are talking about!! (and nobody else drives my car either) Sounds to me either a typo/misreading has led to them giving my car reg by mistake, or my car reg has been cloned. :rolleyes:

Anybody else had this problem, and what happened??

I suppose that a car registration being cloned isn't such a hard thing to do, and would a lot less suspicious then driving around without a number plate.

If you've got someone to back you up where you were you should be fine, especially if the car in question isn't even the same one as you own.

It's happened to me twice Bill. Once for apparently doing 60 in a 30 and a second time for an alledged rear end shunt. After numerous letters and a number of phone calls I had to go to Southend police station and Southend County Court to make statutory declarations to the fact it was neither myself at the wheel or in fact my car involved in either incident.

First off write back, dent it and tell the authorities you were not involved and be sure to send it registered post so you have a record of all correspondence.

Ah ok, cheers Phil

I've drafted a letter basically denying all knowledge and involvement whatsoever, here's hoping to get them off my case!

:rolleyes:

innocent until proven guilty except in id fraud.....where its very often down to the person who has had their id copied to prove their innocence rather than for them to be proven guilty....

I had this a few years back and the insurance company got my reg wrong by one letter..... Due to their fcuk up, I got back my no claims which I'd lost due to my dozy (now ex) girlfriend!

It's happened to me twice Bill. Once for apparently doing 60 in a 30 and a second time for an alledged rear end shunt. After numerous letters and a number of phone calls I had to go to Southend police station and Southend County Court to make statutory declarations to the fact it was neither myself at the wheel or in fact my car involved in either incident.

First off write back, dent it and tell the authorities you were not involved and be sure to send it registered post so you have a record of all correspondence.

That's sneaky. Then he can say it wasn't his car because the car in question wasn't damaged...good thinking. ;)

Back