• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle Away

Myself, Mr's RC and RC Junior will be making a weekend of it (I fdo take her to the most glamourous of places!). Going up Friday morning, and staying at a the same hotel as another 2 Shrimper friends, and coming back sometime on Sunday.

Second time in Carlisle for me, hopefully it will be better than the last time. We travelled to Carlise 13 games unbeaten, with Webby in charge, and they hadn't won for about 14 games, and we ended up getting beat 3-1 (think Scott Dobie scored twice for them, David Lee may have nothced for us), and it was f***ing freezing!!!

Cracking weekend though - somehow, we ended up having breakfats over the border for some reason on Sunday morning in some small village untouched by mankind... We did get some odd looks, what with being English and still wearing Southend shirts!!!

Roll on next weekend!

I want to go, but with my leg in plaster, I'm a bit dubious.

Can anybody tell be if the coaches are practical, as I fancy giving the SOL boys a try (ooh er!) & whether I will have problems going to and from the ground? RH is a bit of a pain even with all the help they give me!

I want to go, but with my leg in plaster, I'm a bit dubious.

Can anybody tell be if the coaches are practical, as I fancy giving the SOL boys a try (ooh er!) & whether I will have problems going to and from the ground? RH is a bit of a pain even with all the help they give me!

I think SOL is fully booked, I got the last spot yesterday on the Shrimpers Trust coach but they said if they get more interest they will get a bigger coach or another one if need be.

how much of your leg is in plaster btw?

All of it! Its in two parts with a hinge in the middle allowing me to bend it a bit. Its not too comfortable having it bent for too long!!

I found out I've got to have it plaster for longer than expected, at least another 25 days, not that I'm counting. :(

Last edited:
Its in two parts with a hinge in the middle allowing me to bend it a bit. Its not too comfortable having it bent for too long!!

I found out I've got to have it plaster for longer than expected, at least another 25 days, not that I'm counting. :(

Jesus, I can't see you handling 6/7 hours on a coach there and back then mate!

It was a game I've planned to do all season, but the op was delayed by 2 months!! I will keep my eyes on the coaches & see what happens!

Me and another lad will be flying to glasgow and training it down with glasgow rich to the match - looking forward to meeting some of you over there!

p.s - anyone know of a pub around the ground we can all meet at?

IIRC correctly, the pub next to Carlisle station is away fan friendly and they do reasonable bar food as well as having Sky and is called The Griffin. Think it's also one for those who like their real ales. It's about a 20 minute walk from here to the ground (or 5 mins in a taxi).

The one I've been going on about near the ground is called The Beehive and is always mobbed both pre & post-match. Some years they're OK with away fans, others they're not.

There is also a Walkabout now in Carlisle city-centre too on the way to the stadium from the station, but then again they usually employ braindead cretins who have no discretion in terms of applying a fair door-policy!

was always going to this one from day one of the season, and one of the most looked forward to games for a while for me. getting a train there and back.....bring them on!

Are the coaches going up still the day before? Or just doing it all in one day?

Would be nice if we could all agree on a pub like the ones Rich has suggested beforehand - and meet up there for some pre match booze!

Are the coaches going up still the day before? Or just doing it all in one day?

Would be nice if we could all agree on a pub like the ones Rich has suggested beforehand - and meet up there for some pre match booze!

There is an overnight coach but the others are doing it one day, would be good if we could all meet up as you say.

going up on the train for this one, left it late to book so had to pay £50 notes for a return. also as i booked it sooooo late, ive got to get the 7am from kings cross...which means leaving southend at 5am. doh !

going up on the train for this one, left it late to book so had to pay £50 notes for a return. also as i booked it sooooo late, ive got to get the 7am from kings cross...which means leaving southend at 5am. doh !

Call that early. Stevie GG will be setting his alarm [hopefully] for 03.30 so he has time for SS & S in readiness for 03.55 pick up !

All of it! Its in two parts with a hinge in the middle allowing me to bend it a bit. Its not too comfortable having it bent for too long!!

Is that for cruciate ligaments?

Back