• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Carlisle United vs Southend United 19th September 2020 13:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely the formation we need to go for...

Hoping the injured lads are back as we desperately need some experience. Assuming they are and we don’t sign anyone between now and Saturday, I would also go with a 451/4231.

Oxley
Elvis, White, Hobson, Ralph
Demetriou, Dieng
Green, Hutchinson, Goodship
Kelman​

I think that would bolster the midfield and allow Isaac to get forward without him needing to worry about tracking back. He really can’t defend, so makes sense to have him pushing up alongside Kelman as a second striker with Goodship cutting in on his stronger foot.

I would happily take a 0-0 away from home to get some points on the board and steady the ship after Harrogate.

It just highlights the severity of our situation that we are desperate for Tim Dieng to be fit

The game is being streamed live on iFollow for UK based supporters in addition to the exiles. Price to UK fans - £10. I'm assuming we won't get it for free if we have a season card.

The game is being streamed live on iFollow for UK based supporters in addition to the exiles. Price to UK fans - £10. I'm assuming we won't get it for free if we have a season card.

Nope, season card ifollow freebies are only home games. It is available though in the UK for £10 or as part of the ifollow season card (which works out at £3.60 a game). Still far too much to watch SUFC at present.

Nope, season card ifollow freebies are only home games. It is available though in the UK for £10 or as part of the ifollow season card (which works out at £3.60 a game). Still far too much to watch SUFC at present.
Is that for homeland away or home only??

I like the thought of 4-2-3-1 formation . If demi and Dieng are fit i would have them in the midfield back 4 i think pick themselves .Hopefully Lennon is also fit to play alongside either Hobson or White .You may think im stupid with my selections ,but i think MM has to try something new. Anyway i picking my side on the chance that everyone is fit to play and their are no incomings.
Oxley , White, Hobson , Lennon ,Ralph'
Demi Dieng

Elvis Hutchinson Green
Kelman
Subs C Taylor, Goodship, Philips, Egbri Taylor Rush Mitchell -Nelson.

4-1-4-1

Oxley
Bwomono White Hobson Ralph
Phillips
Egbri Gard Hutchinson Green
Goodship
Kelman as an impact sub on 60'. With the four midfielders all taking turns getting forward and Goodship interchangeably dropping back and creating holes whilst filling in the gaps they leave.

That or steroids. Can't ever overlook steroids.

4-1-4-1

Oxley
Bwomono White Hobson Ralph
Phillips
Egbri Gard Hutchinson Green
Goodship
Kelman as an impact sub on 60'. With the four midfielders all taking turns getting forward and Goodship interchangeably dropping back and creating holes whilst filling in the gaps they leave.

That or steroids. Can't ever overlook steroids.
Honestly don't believe Goodship can play up top on his own. If not Kelman then it would be Akinola. He's quick, a unit, and can run the channels/hold it up.

And thanks to three sterling Zoners with premonition skills extraordinaire Simeon Akinola now graces the pre match poll with three votes already.

Ok assuming JW is fit and McCormack registered in time ..
Oxley
Elvis - Hobson - White - Ralph
McCormack - Demi
Egbri - Hutch - Green
Akinola
Hutch pushing up, Macca and Demi shielding the back 4, pace on the wings, options off the bench in Goodship/Kelman/Dieng/Gard/Phillips ..
Dunno about you but that’s got a bit of a brighter look to me and we might even give them a game!!

Molesley saying Akinola is a few weeks behind I’d be surprised if he starts.

Back