• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Carlisle United vs Southend United 19th September 2020 13:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
........... Oxley
Elvis white hobson ralph
Hutchinson macca dieng green
Akinola (not fit I hear) kelman
Looks a bit better with actual grown ups in the team
Egbri might be a possible to share the 90 minutes with Aki, which starts is my question?

Oxley

Demi White hobson Clifford

Egbri Dieng Hutch Green

Akinola Kelman

If everyone was fit, this would be mine​

If everyone was fit ( I know they’re not ) I would go with :
Oxley
Demi , Hobson , White , Clifford
Dieng , McCormack
Green , Hutchinson , Akinola
Kelman

Subs : Seadon , Bwumouno , Lennon , Goodship , Phillips , Gard , Egbri

If everyone was fit ( I know they’re not ) I would go with :
Oxley
Demi , Hobson , White , Clifford
Dieng , McCormack
Green , Hutchinson , Akinola
Kelman

Subs : Seadon , Bwumouno , Lennon , Goodship , Phillips , Gard , Egbri
I'd include me and you if we were both fit Danny ! We're a bit short of gobby players in the team at the moment.:Winking:

Hoping the injured lads are back as we desperately need some experience. Assuming they are and we don’t sign anyone between now and Saturday, I would also go with a 451/4231.

Oxley
Elvis, White, Hobson, Ralph
Demetriou, Dieng
Green, Hutchinson, Goodship
Kelman​

I think that would bolster the midfield and allow Isaac to get forward without him needing to worry about tracking back. He really can’t defend, so makes sense to have him pushing up alongside Kelman as a second striker with Goodship cutting in on his stronger foot.

I would happily take a 0-0 away from home to get some points on the board and steady the ship after Harrogate.

Now we‘ve got a few new additions, I would go for:

Oxley
Elvis, White, Hobson, Ralph
Macca, Dieng
Green, Goodship, Akinola
Kelman
I think it‘s a toss up between Hutch and Goodship but would give Goodship the nod in the number 10 role for the added experience. Really like the look of that team though.

From the Carlisle Fans Forum:

"Southend could be the worst team tier 4 has ever had. If Southend get something out the game, the players never mind Beech should be sacked/resign. "

I think Carlisle could be in for a surprise. I'm hopeful that we will get something out of this game, even in front of 1,000 actual real people who, if the forum is anything to go by, will be booing their team at the first sign of how poor the Cumbrians are.....

"Southend could be the worst team tier 4 has ever had. If Southend get something out the game, the players never mind Beech should be sacked/resign. "

I think Carlisle could be in for a surprise. I'm hopeful that we will get something out of this game, even in front of 1,000 actual real people who, if the forum is anything to go by, will be booing their team at the first sign of how poor the Cumbrians are.....

If clubs don’t do their homework and assume we’re the league’s whipping boys every game, it might work in our favour. Bit of complacency might sneak in and we might surprise a few. Couple of good signings this week has completely changed the dynamic of the squad.

That should be pinned up on the dressing room wall. If you need evidence of where we are it’s right there! Siege mentality required..let’s get some pride and respect back ?

I don't make him completely wrong. Harrogate found it very easy to control the game by just pressing our defence. Any ball out was back in their possession as we had nobody up front to hold it up and nobody winning balls in midfield. The only change to that is Macca, but how much can one player change? We'll see I guess. It will be a hard dynamic to change for Molesey, I can't see an obvious answer? The gaffer will be due some praise if we get something from this game IMO

This is a tricky one, my heart says 4-2-3-1 but we lack someone to be the target man up front. I chatted to a Barnet fan yesterday and he said Akinola isn't best in this role - can't see any of the others naturally playing well there either. Therefore I wonder if he'll go 4-3-3 instead - maybe something like:

Oxley

Bwomono White Hobson Ralph

Demi Macca Dieng

Green Goodship Akinola

Subs: Seaden, Taylor, Egbri, Kelman, Hutch, Gard, Phillips​

Not all the Carlisle fans are so hopeful:

"What are people thinking? From the first game only Hayden in defence done anything, Mellis, Guy and Alessandro were shocking so should be lucky to start. Beech probably won't change many I'm quessing but if they carry on playing ****e I'd like to see him chuck in a few of the first year pros in, at least they'll try hard."

"We need to secure the midfield , we will get over run playing 4/4/2 as we don't have the fit players to do it.

We have a front three designed to counter , so have a solid midfield and defence and catch teams on the break . We don't have the ability to break teams down so we'll need to play on the counter."

I really think this is our best opportunity for several fixtures to secure a positive result.
COYB!!!

Well what with Akinola and McCormack signings ,suppose i should change my team Still will stick with a 4-2-3-1 formation though. Im not sure whose fit and who isnt except MM says Akinola not ready yet.

OXLEY , DEMI , LENNON''HOBSON..RALPH
McCORMACK DIENG
ELVIS HUTCHINSON GREEN
KELMAN

SUBS ,C TAYLOR, WHITE, CLIFFORD, EGBRI AKINOLA PHILIPS GOODSHIP.

Maybe Akinola fit enough to play 15 / '20 minutes as a sub if not Goodship.

Pretty sure Demi said he'll be available in a few weeks, so doubt he'll be included. MM says Akinola isn't ready yet, and Lennon is doing his own pre-season so I doubt he'll start. My guess is:

Oxley
Elvis White Hobson Ralph
Egbri Macca (maybe Hutch if not ready) Dieng Green
Kelman Goodship

That should be pinned up on the dressing room wall. If you need evidence of where we are it’s right there! Siege mentality required..let’s get some pride and respect back ?

Didn’t an opposing team do that with a Phil Brown quote in a play off game?

Assuming White and Dieng are available whilst Macca and Akinola aren't ready to start:

Oxley
Bwomono Hobson White Ralph
Dieng Gard
Goodship Hutchinson Green
Kelman
We absolutely can never go into another professional game with Hutch and Gard as a CM pairing.

Assuming White and Dieng are available whilst Macca and Akinola aren't ready to start:

Oxley
Bwomono Hobson White Ralph
Dieng Gard
Goodship Hutchinson Green
Kelman
We absolutely can never go into another professional game with Hutch and Gard as a CM pairing.

Im not disagreeing with that last bit but it does read like they were the reason we got badly beat!!

Nothing at all to do with two terrible goalkeeping errors. Or a way below par Elvis. Or Hobson giving the ball to them more than us (even without the goal issue!). Or Taylor playing 84 minutes on a yellow card! Or two wingers that didn’t win one tackle between them or get one ball into the box. Or two forwards that didn’t lift a finger!

Im not disagreeing with that last bit but it does read like they were the reason we got badly beat!!

Nothing at all to do with two terrible goalkeeping errors. Or a way below par Elvis. Or Hobson giving the ball to them more than us (even without the goal issue!). Or Taylor playing 84 minutes on a yellow card! Or two wingers that didn’t win one tackle between them or get one ball into the box. Or two forwards that didn’t lift a finger!
I mean, they didn't really help the situation!

Goal 1 - Hutch nowhere near his man. Gard is not even in the picture
1600426942890.png

Goal 2 - So much space 25 yards out dead centre of goal
1600427049817.png

I'm not saying they are terrible players, but as a pairing they were dragged far to out of position with neither seemingly being alive to the danger...

Back