• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ..... Charlton away

Mick

Life President
Given the difference in the respective squads, in theory we should be hoping for the worst referee imaginable to turn it into a lottery giving us an even chance.

Well step forward, Danny McDermid, ex Army Captain based at Aldershot, but now listed as a Middlesex Civil Servant.

He will be remembered for an abject performance at Leyton Orient the year before last (yes, the one when Ibehre got a late, late equaliser). His first two seasons as a League referee were littered with controversy and criticism. He was also charged with using foul and abusive language to Denis Wise, although the FA found in his favour. In my opinion this was a bit of a cover up and a deal was done which meant Leeds got Select Group referees for nearly all their games that season.

He did no games at all last season, but as a disappointment to those who hoped he had been posted somewhere dangerous, he has now returned and is officiating regularly. He refereed the away League Cup victory at Cheltenham where his performance went largely uncommented on, probably because: he was a late change, it was a low-key match, we won.

On the face of it, his performances since his return have been better than those of yesteryear; not difficult one might say. His card count from 14 games is just 39 yellows and not a single red (I know !).

Assisting will be Stephen Daly, also from Middlesex and John Magill from Colchester (boo!) with Barry Holderness from Ilford doing the numbers board.

Was that Orient game the one in which Peter Clarke scored a 30 yard screamer?

That was a quality day out.

Apart from when the ****** Orient fans started pelting our coach.

Great goal, though.

I remember that. Was my first away game with my friends, one of them tried to jump on me when Clarkey scored that screamer!

IIRC, it was Mulgrew's first game for us.

ref wasnt too bad today, but typically Moussa went in book first for our first real foul, after about 10 cynical ones of theirs. He possibly should have sent Bailey off for abuse, but then I didnt hear him

Did our ball cross the line. Looked like it from behind, but linesman had good view/position

ref wasnt too bad today, but typically Moussa went in book first for our first real foul, after about 10 cynical ones of theirs. He possibly should have sent Bailey off for abuse, but then I didnt hear him

Did our ball cross the line. Looked like it from behind, but linesman had good view/position

One of the better refs I've seen this season, admittedly allowed Bailey too much leeway though. That lino, well, I wouldn't trust to his judgement too much - he completely failed to make them retake a corner when the ball was clearly positioned outside of the marked area, and gave a couple of throws the wrong way in the first half too.

Back