• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Cheltenham Town v Southend United, Tuesday 2nd March 19:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• James Montgomery

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • John White

Votes: 73 88.0%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 71 85.5%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 50 60.2%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

• Simeon Akinola

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 55 66.3%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 60 72.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Nile Ranger

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Phillips

• Sam Hart

• Win

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Draw

• Lose

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bass/Seadon
Elvis White Hobson Clifford
Demi
Fergie Dieng
RHF Acquah ANG​

I’d rather Taylor still in there but think he might be sacrificed for fresh legs and attempt to keep things tight with JD. May also allow Dieng to support the front more.

If Holmes is ready he could start instead of RHF but I suspect the youngster is still ‘fresher’ than Holmes even after the quick turnaround of games.

ANG in for Akinola if he’s not 100%, hopefully he’s ok enough to be on the bench for a 15/20 minute option.

Assuming also Olayinka isn’t ready yet?

We need Ricky Holmes to start tonight, as he would give us something extra on the pitch, as he is one of our own, hopefully his dream come true, to start and score or assist with us picking up the right result.

If we do win, it’s put more heat on side above us.

What 11 people have put Macca to start!! The guy is a liability and we have far better CMs ahead of him.

Shrimpers fans, just like you but with a different opinion. Is that OK with you or should they always agree with you?

What has it got to do with you??

I accept people have a different opinion, but have they not seen our last few games; so I'm genuinely interested in why they think Macca should start.

Whoever goes in goal, I think they will be targeted by the likes of the huge Ben Tozer (who had an absolute stormer against Man City in the FA Cup a month or so ago).

This is only a personal opinion. We all know M.M. in the past has done something no one could see coming. A certain Manager who has bought many teams to Roots Hall.
Started his game on Saturday with no striker's at all. With Cheltenham being a bit of the land of the giants. Is M.M. going to try something like this to try and pull Cheltenham out of defence, with no one to mark.

Then with some of our pace we open up some space behind, and we score !!.
Just saying he might. line up with a A 4.1.5.0
We could line up like this.

Loan Keeper
Elvis. White. Hobson. Clifford
Dieng
Demi. Ferguson. A.N.G. Akinola. Holmes.

Subs. Seadon. Cordner. Mc Cormack. R.H.F. Hart. Halford. Acquah

Wouldn't be surprised to see 3-4 changes tonight given it's our 3rd game in 6 days. Perhaps time for Holmes to start and Mellis to finally make the bench?

Think we'l see fresh legs in the middle tonight, probably JD and macca back. Hoping Sim is ok to play. I'm unsure why mellis isn't in the mix. Hearing he's fit enough.
Hearing Elvis could be injured too so suspect Hobson will have to go there.
Don't know what will happen about seadon. If he plays 1 or 2 more it presents some sort of issue. Suspect a loan keeper if possible, but who knows.

Last edited:
For me, if Bass is fit, he starts, as well as Seadon did on Saturday, thats just part of his education. The continued conveyor belt of Goalkeepers at this club is amazing.

Dan Bentley, Ted Smith, Nathan Bishop, and now Harry Seadon. (Whether he makes it or not its too early to tell, but signs look promising).

Back 4 is a no brainer.

Ferguson and Dieng I think are also nailed on, the rest I haven't a clue, as it depends on who is fit.

I think Aquah has to start again as there are no other options, probably Holmes, and maybe Demi and ANG, just to freshen things up a little.

RHF got through a lot of work on Saturday, and Akinola might not be 100% as well.

I would snap your hand off at a point, but then I thought that last week against FGR!
What are you talking about. Acquah is in there. As you prefer him does this mean your tiresome obsession with Acquah is over?
No and u have aquah on the bench where he belongs!! So hes not in your starting eleven is he

Back