• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Chesterfield (away) - Saturday 27th January, 3pm

Don’t forget it was a live TNT game which would have put a few hundred off.
Appreciated, but even if the game hadn't been on T.V, do you think you'd have had more than 500 in attendance?.
But hey-ho, it's history now & hopefully both sets of fans will see a good game tomorrow. May the best team win, & lets keep our fingers x that the main talking point tomorrow evening won't be about the ref's performance, which in so many games this season has been quite dire.

Reactions: RHB
Appreciated, but even if the game hadn't been on T.V, do you think you'd have had more than 500 in attendance?.
But hey-ho, it's history now & hopefully both sets of fans will see a good game tomorrow. May the best team win, & lets keep our fingers x that the main talking point tomorrow evening won't be about the ref's performance, which in so many games this season has been quite dire.
At least a few hundred more but as you say will never know…
We average 8000 at home so plus your 800 ish we should be 9000 plus tomorrow,
Had some awful refs this season so yes hopefully no dramas just a great game.

Hang on a second…Chesterfield took 493 to Southend earlier this season for a 5:30 game live on TNT not 300. Appreciate you beat us but one goal was an awful goalkeeping mistake and the other a penalty.

Expecting a tough game again tomorrow due to how poor our pitch is and it will suit Southend more than us. Been poor by our standards at home a few weeks and I think its a lot down to how we play and the state of the pitch - any of you coming tomorrow will see what I’m talking about.

Hang on a second…Chesterfield took 493 to Southend earlier this season for a 5:30 game live on TNT not 300. Appreciate you beat us but one goal was an awful goalkeeping mistake and the other a penalty.

Expecting a tough game again tomorrow due to how poor our pitch is and it will suit Southend more than us. Been poor by our standards at home a few weeks and I think its a lot down to how we play and the state of the pitch - any of you coming tomorrow will see what I’m talking about.
No idea where your quoting your facts from, but the televised game here in Nov kicked off at 3pm.

Oooh here we go … ffs have a day off you can’t have your cake and eat it .. one week you are the best team in the league by a country mile flying high unbeaten, the next you can travel a couple of hundred miles on a mild Saturday because it’s on telly .
Still average more home and away pal so best you have a day off lol

Every game is on TV. I could stay at home tomorrow and watch it indoors. Instead I'm making the trip.

Not sure do you actually know yourself?
The away ends at clubs near you are bigger (Oldham, York, Rochdale etc - about 9k) than the clubs near to use (Dagenham, Boreham Wood, Bromley - about 4k) yet we would take more

The away ends at clubs near you are bigger (Oldham, York, Rochdale etc - about 9k) than the clubs near to use (Dagenham, Boreham Wood, Bromley - about 4k) yet we would take more
Not played Oldham or York as yet .., so you'll sell out because as you say all small near you so of course you should sell out .

You obviously have no idea how we play if you think a poor pitch will suit us. The exact opposite in fact. We are a footballing side who like to play out from the back and pass through midfield so a dodgy pitch defo won’t suit us but the fact you’ve won so many home games suggests it does suit you

Still average more home and away pal so best you have a day off lol
**** me, you come on our chat room and tell our fans to have a day off. As for averages I’d expect you to have big home gates based on your league position and form you are in. As for away averages I don’t know how many you take away but doubt it’s much different to ours. What’s for certain is two out of three seasons we’ve bought over 800 to your ground and you’ve come no where near bringing that to us. Even Wembley you only had around 12-13000.

Not played Oldham or York as yet .., so you'll sell out because as you say all small near you so of course you should sell out .

When you say near. How do you class that. Because trust me. 40 or 50 miles in the south east may as well be double that.

Wealdstone etc can take over 2.5 hours to get to by train.

You trying using the M25, QE2 bridge, north circular or various trains and tubes.

Took me 3 hours to get to Gillingham once. And that is supposed to be a 45 mins drive.

Yeah we should sell out but Dorking and Wealdstone amongst others are an awful away day. I literally couldn't see the game at all.

You have brought the most to roots hall this season and even that wasn't many.

There will be a good few teams that bring higher numbers to you than us.

Where are the majority of Shrimpers meeting up today?

I've heard the donkey derby is a decent pub.

Back