• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Chesterfield (away) - Saturday 27th January, 3pm

@forzaazzurri82 every time we play Chesterfield, you come on here, half decent to begin with but you always tend to turn into a prick.

Bottom line is this, we’re both huge teams in this league, as are Oldham. This should never be an NL match and hopefully it won’t be much longer so can we please stop with the “my **** is bigger than yours” bull****

We were travelling yesterday PM and then out last night until the wee hours with relatives we are staying with. So to wake up this morning and discover Cav has extended his stay is marvellous. The positive news just keeps coming.

I think after Thursday night today is going to be really special, l certainly hope so. Safe journey Shrimpers!

We were travelling yesterday PM and then out last night until the wee hours with relatives we are staying with. So to wake up this morning and discover Cav has extended his stay is marvellous. The positive news just keeps coming.

I think after Thursday night today is going to be really special, l certainly hope so. Safe journey Shrimpers!
My wee hours vary, last night I think it was about 3.30am

Why do people get hung up on how many we take to how many others take ?
It just doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is Chesterfield are a great team and have been up there for a few seasons now, great club and I'm sure thier fans won't give a dam about how many we take to how many they brought down, all what matters is they are 27 points ahead of us and that's with us getting them 10 back, that is a massive points gap.
We are a great club with great fans but all this crap about us being a big club is laughable, good luck to the boys today and just leave everything on the pitch, we need to build this club up again and another year in this league would do us wonders.

It just doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is Chesterfield are a great team and have been up there for a few seasons now, great club and I'm sure thier fans won't give a dam about how many we take to how many they brought down, all what matters is they are 27 points ahead of us and that's with us getting them 10 back, that is a massive points gap.
We are a great club with great fans but all this crap about us being a big club is laughable, good luck to the boys today and just leave everything on the pitch, we need to build this club up again and another year in this league would do us wonders.
Totally agree, it used to irritate the life out of me when we played the likes of Leeds and Sunderland, who thought they had the right to beat us due to a large fan base.

It also rally's other teams players and fans when you get the "big club mentality" .

**** me, you come on our chat room and tell our fans to have a day off. As for averages I’d expect you to have big home gates based on your league position and form you are in. As for away averages I don’t know how many you take away but doubt it’s much different to ours. What’s for certain is two out of three seasons we’ve bought over 800 to your ground and you’ve come no where near bringing that to us. Even Wembley you only had around 12-13000.
Because it’s not our cup final pal like it is for you! lol
3x our population too so yes pls have a day off
Ps
Plus 2000 ish more home fans bigger average too 😝😝

Had this from a Spireite:

"Yep absolutely sound. You won’t be allowed in the pub next door (Crown and Anchor) but Donkey Derby, Glassworks or Batch House you will be fine. Would recommend Batch House personally if you’re having a drink. Food in there is good too if you don’t opt for the chippy option."

Glass Works now confirmed no longer away fans friendly.

Well said , it’s only banter but fully agree here .

I'd recommend Batch House opposite ground as away fans. Near and quite tidy.

Red Lion (designated away) is too far up Sheffield Road and rubbish.

See you all soon 👌

@forzaazzurri82 every time we play Chesterfield, you come on here, half decent to begin with but you always tend to turn into a prick.

Bottom line is this, we’re both huge teams in this league, as are Oldham. This should never be an NL match and hopefully it won’t be much longer so can we please stop with the “my **** is bigger than yours” bull****
If you read it properly you’ll see only answering the sarcasm as others are being polite lol

Last edited by a moderator:
5 days to buy tickets and train strikes meant there was no option to get there by train, coaches sold out also after a day with no extra available left everyone with the only option of driving. Good job there wasn’t 20k there from CFC because the unbelievably depressing drive home would of took even longer!😂

Because it’s not our cup final pal like it is for you! lol
3x our population too so yes pls have a day off
Ps
Plus 2000 ish more home fans bigger average too 😝😝
We’ve played each other countless times in the Football League. Why would it be our cup final? You’re really tiresome.

Well I think it’s because for many, fan numbers represent club standing / stature - gives them something to cling onto and or be proud of when maybe results or current league position they feel does not equate with it.
I think most of us can be guilty of that.
Simple example Colchester fan would say to us… “how is non league” most Southend fans would retort “we get over double the fans you get”

Back