• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chin Up

mcshrimper

Don’t worry people.  We are still in a fantastic position and must still be favourites to win this poxy league.  There isn’t a team in this division who wouldn’t swap places with us.  

Although we have made it difficult, I'm confident we will be fine.

Some Facts

biggrin.gif
If Col Ewe and Brentford lose just one game then we are up.

laugh.gif
If Brentford draw then we are up.

biggrin.gif
If Col Ewe draw and we draw then we are up.

laugh.gif
If we win one game we go up.

Col Ewe and Brentford are playing teams fighting for their lives, and we know how difficult those types of teams can be to play against (Walsall, MK Dons etc).  Nerves will hit Col Ewe and Brentford as much as us don’t forget.
We also have the advantage of playing our last game at home, Col Ewe and Brentford’s last games are away.  

Also, we play an out of form Swansea team who will no doubt feel pressured from their own fans.  Swans will be nervy, as they are in and out of the playoffs at the moment.  Another plus is our away form - it’s still fantastic – if it wasn’t for a couple of OG’s against Barnsley then we would have beaten them (they have one of the best home records in the league don’t forget).

It’s far from a done deal, but there is more to be positive about then negative at the moment.

I’m not a betting man, but if I were I would put money on either Col Ewe or Brentford losing one of their remaining games.  I would also put a fair stake on us beating Swansea.

Chin up.

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post. I think people think the other will win their remaining games is only because we lost yesterday and they won. They are still relying far ore heavily on us than we are on them. They have to win their games for us to lose it. Teams at the bottom are never easy to beat at this time of the season.

Good post mate. It is possible the others can win all their games, but we are in the strongest position by far!
smile.gif

Great post mate ! Says it all really . The odds are heavily stacked in our favour and I wouldnt mind betting that the nerves that we have seen at The Hall will decend at Layer Road and Griffin Park next weekend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ April 23 2006,17:21)]position is great its the form im worried about
At this stage of the season form won't really come into it.  For us, Col Ewe and Brentford, the next two games will be about keeping your nerve and grinding out results.  Good performances for the top three will surely go out of the window.  

I don't reckon form is the issue, its end of season jitters (ala last season) and they are certainly not exclusive to Southend.

I can certainly see one of Col Ewe and Brentford ballsing it up on Saturday. They both have really tough encounters against lowly clubs, one of which had an excellent result on Saturday with a 3-2 win over a seemingly unstoppable Forest. If Hartlepool had lost that game they would have been down. That win will have done wonders for their confience and I am sure thay can take that in to the game at Griffin Park. Brentford's home form, of late, has also been quite poor. C C Csiders prediction 1-1.

Rotherham are also in quite good form of late and Jonathan Forte could cause their defence plenty of problems. A 2-0 victory at the Liberty Stadium showed they can do 'the biz' on their travels. The only fly in the ointment is that Col Ewe seem to be able to grind out the 1-0 wins of late. Thanks, in part, to teams having the inability to keep 10 men on the pitch at Layer Road. C C Csiders prediction 1-0 Col Ewe.

We are playing an out-of-sorts Swansea. However, our defence were terrified of Lee Trundle earlier in the season, and they must get this out of their heads. Maybe the fact that they have got themselves back in the top 6 after a, by all accounts, lucky draw at Oldham may also boy the Swans. We are cetainly a much better side away from home at the moment, free from the shackles of expectation. C C Csiders prediction 1-1 or a 2-1 Swansea win (Trundle 90 (pen)). If the ref sees through the dive 1-1 it is.

a few more positives.

Last day of the season (IF it matters by then!). Col U and Brentford are both away - to Yeovil and Bournemouth.

Yeovil and Bournemouth on saturday are away to Huddersfiled and Forest, and they will conceivably both lose, which means that they will both need something (even if just a point) on the last day of the season. This will mean 2 very tough games for Brentford and the scum.

The talk about Bristol City having something to play for is a non-point. They will only have a chance of going up if swansea drop points in their next game (which is against us!) If we lose to the swans, Bristol City's chances are gone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ April 25 2006,13:29)]a few more positives.

Last day of the season (IF it matters by then!).  Col U and Brentford are both away - to Yeovil and Bournemouth.

Yeovil and Bournemouth on saturday are away to Huddersfiled and Forest, and they will conceivably both lose, which means that they will both need something (even if just a point) on the last day of the season.  This will mean 2 very tough games for Brentford and the scum.

The talk about Bristol City having something to play for is a non-point.  They will only have a chance of going up if swansea drop points in their next game (which is against us!) If we lose to the swans, Bristol City's chances are gone.
No they haven't, they can still catch Barnsley, if Barnsley fail to beat Bradford (in a tough local derby) this weekend.

Back