• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now I have relocated to Oxford I shall finally be going to the Kassam, also will try and get to Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers and Portsmouth. Not sure which other ones are that near me but want to do some I haven't done before.

Plenty of games are on Tuesday night. Guess Portsmouth makes more sense than many to be mid week as at least its still close enough to get to rather than the likes of Carlisle.

I wouldn't mind a game against Carlisle at the moment, shocking start to the season (so much so the wife is close to turning off her Score Centre notifications, lol)

And after a couple of quick texts I'm now going to Newport away. :smile:

Mansfield, Newport and Rochdale for me would be my preferred trips. Don't think im gonna be able to make Newport though.

Would like to go to Newport away but the train prices are ridiculous.

will go to other grounds instead.

Now I have relocated to Oxford I shall finally be going to the Kassam, also will try and get to Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers and Portsmouth. Not sure which other ones are that near me but want to do some I haven't done before.

Torquay and Exeter aren't that far away from you now.

Have you tried booking trains for very specific times? It seems unlikely that there aren't any bargains to be had over two months in advance.

It was about £50 return to Newport from Southend for an Adult a few days ago. I would not say that is ridiculous.

Wycombe will be my first away game of the season as my girlfriend has conveniently just moved there. Other than that, will probably do Oxford, Northampton and Dagenham (who are 3 days apart). Would like to do Portsmouth but depends on my situation then. Rochdale on Good Friday is tempting too as it'd be a new ground for me (but an old-school ground). And obviously Fleetwood for our title-winning party...

It was about £50 return to Newport from Southend for an Adult a few days ago. I would not say that is ridiculous.

That seems fair. Southend to Newport is a fair old trek.

Just done a quick search and you can get a return (in the shape of two singles) from Southend to Newport for £38.80, leaving Southend at 0814 and leaving Newport at 1745.

Try train line you get some decent price fares at times.As said on here often works out cheaper buying 2 single tickets.

That seems fair. Southend to Newport is a fair old trek.

Just done a quick search and you can get a return (in the shape of two singles) from Southend to Newport for £38.80, leaving Southend at 0814 and leaving Newport at 1745.

Got a link to this?

When I searched I got a total of £270 for one person return. I'm trying to do split tickets but it's hard on certain routes.

Wycombe away as a friend from uni supports them, had to go in the home end and struggled not to cheer when Britt scored the winner. Will hopefully get to Portsmouth away as this is where I went to uni and a few friends still live there and finally hope to get to one or two of Northampton, Daggers, Oxford and AFC Wimbledon as fairly local.

I am planning on getting to Wycombe for my first game of the season, not too far away and hoping for a repeat of last season's result there.

Will probably go to Oxford as it's only an hour up the road and am definitely up for going to Newport as it's a new one. I'm tempted by Rochdale and very keen to do Fleetwood.

I often manage to get to Exeter and Plymouth, and those are looking doable, but have never been to Torquay, and that is looking a decidedly dodgy date for me this year as well.

I have already started making plans with my best mate in Yorkshire to have a weekend in York for the game up there.

An absolute must for me is the trip to Morecambe. I want to keep up my crazy record of having been to every match between us (they would be a team we've never beaten, wouldn't they?!) as I lived in Morecambe for a year when I was at university and have a very soft spot for the town.

And I for one am delighted that Portsmouth is on a Tuesday night. It means I can pop in to watch the game on my way home from work! :smile:

Well, my choice is rather limited by distance..........if you think Southend to Fleetwood is far.......try it from Saint Gaudens! I'm in Southend for about a week from tomorrow, so Chesterfield does enter into the frame. Just a question of deciding whether I can be rude enough to absent myself on Saturday. By the way does anyone have an idea at approximately what time the TZ coach will get back in Leigh on Saturday night?
Kind of glad that Mansfield got back in the league, so I can say 'been there'......which, is a contrast to the other grounds, none of which I've been to.

At the end of last season.
I wanted the 2013/14 season as the one i was going to do every Southend game.
Home and away, League and Cup in a competative fixture.

Its always something i wanted to do, but never did it with Paul's coaches before or after by various modes of travel.

The other half has given me permission, but on the strict understanding its only this season, as she knows how much
i want to do this. Most people think its a very sad thing to want to do.
So holidays and trips by various means of travel, some with the other half (she will go shoping) have been aranged and many by Shrimperzone coach.
So with many less (hopefully) mid week games and a bye in the 1st round of the JPT.
It will be a good season to achive this ambition of mine.

The way we have started and the brilliant day on Wino's coache at Hartlepool. I am certainly looking
forward to it. Although someone reminD me of this on a freezing day up north with a defeat and a long journey
home.

What one am i looking forward too the next one at Chesterfield and the one after that.

At the moment it's fleetwood away for me (anniversary weekend), supposed to be sorting out a hotel but failing miserably! I want somewhere nice, a hotel not B&B, doesn't have to be too near the ground as long as its get to-able by tram or a walk. Any ideas anyone?

also, potentially going to try to get to Portsmouth if I can swing a couple of days off. Other than that, possibly Daggers, Oxford and Northampton, just not sure yet.

Back