• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At the moment it's fleetwood away for me (anniversary weekend), supposed to be sorting out a hotel but failing miserably! I want somewhere nice, a hotel not B&B, doesn't have to be too near the ground as long as its get to-able by tram or a walk. Any ideas anyone?

If I do make it to Fleetwood, I am thinking about making a weekend of it. If I do, then I will stay in Blackpool. The tram goes all the way to Fleetwood from Blackpool. You've then got more options on hotels and on things to do if you stay in Blackpool!

Last time i went there was for our 4th Rd FA cup game in 1969. Hope its improved a bit since then!
Hmmm, not sure if the away side pen has changed; the two ends and main stand were all home only stands and away fans got a shed side similar to the side of Daggers ground.
But before that the open terrace end was really poor so maybe there may have been further positive changes.

Having done most grounds already (see sig) only really have Newport to do. My son has done 70 grounds so didnt have a lot planned but since the missus has got into it she wants to do the 92 and she has only done 20 odd so looks like many will be done again. Already went to Hartlepool, Chesterfield next on the agenda. Wont bother with the Wycombe as too close really.

Won't bother with Wycombe because its TOO CLOSE?! Thats ridiculous! If anything, thats a game you should really be going to. The more fans there the better and we always out-sing that lot! so get yourself to Adams Park a week on saturday! :smile:

Got a link to this?

When I searched I got a total of £270 for one person return. I'm trying to do split tickets but it's hard on certain routes.

I searched on nationalrail.co.uk

You'd have to get specific trains to get them really cheap but it's worth it.

Will be going to as many away games as possible this season. Hartlepool wasn't possible as I didn't have the money, but I hope to (at least) cover all the grounds i haven't been to before. These include: Bury, Exeter, Fleetwood, Mansfield, Morecambe, Newport, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Rochdale, Scunthorpe & Torquay.

Will also be attending the obvious ones! These include:

Dagenham: Been There Twice Already
Northampton: Been There 6 Times
Oxford: Been There 3 Times
Wycombe: Been There Twice
Cheltenham: Went There Last Season

A Note On AFC Wimbledon Away: Will not be in attendance as I spend Boxing Day with my family and my girlfriend!

UTB!

Won't bother with Wycombe because its TOO CLOSE?! Thats ridiculous! If anything, thats a game you should really be going to. The more fans there the better and we always out-sing that lot! so get yourself to Adams Park a week on saturday! :smile:

I do prefer the distance ones because you get the real hardcore nutters! Like last year didnt do Gills or Barnet but did Fleetwood and Accy. Done the local ones so many times gets a bit boring

Anything within a 2-3 hour journey with TZ, but most definitely doing Fleetwood. Last away of the season & trams from Blackpool right to the ground, we going to have a long weekend up there..:smile:

"We are booked on the 11:45 out of Paddington arriving 14:31, return 17:45 arriving 20:36. Cost is £33.40 please."

Here we go ...

I searched on nationalrail.co.uk

You'd have to get specific trains to get them really cheap but it's worth it.

Will have a look at that for other games as well. I know if you split tickets it's cheaper but you'd probably have to do it for a lot the longer the journey is.

Funnily enough, I just looked. £38.80. Weird. Must've been due to the fact it's nearer.

Only 6 new grounds for me this year which are Hartlepool (done), Newport, Mansfield, Pompey, Scunthorpe and Rochdale so I will do all those. On top of those ill do all that are on a Saturday, midweek is tough due to working nights but I'm booking off scunny and pompey

I do prefer the distance ones because you get the real hardcore nutters! Like last year didnt do Gills or Barnet but did Fleetwood and Accy. Done the local ones so many times gets a bit boring

So presumably you don't go to any home games anymore?

I was the same but even they get boring going to the same places 4-10 times (depending on who)

So presumably you don't go to any home games anymore?

NO! :smile:

Back