• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading through that thread there is one guy (chrislucketti) who sounds like the bloke who came on here. The language is very similar. I notice he is a 'deleted member' so I assume he's an arse wherever he posts.

Good spot.

We should register on there and ask them!

He came on with the wrong attitude and when pulled up on it, stared throwing his toys out of the pram.

Basically, it's the equivalent of being invited to someone's party, turning up and slagging the host off.

There's protocol when you go on another club's forum. You have to earn respect.

We don't have a problem with guests from other clubs. 'Colchester and Proud' shows how it's done and gets the respect back and is a welcome member. Same goes for those fellas from Sheffield United, Bury and Bolton who pop in here.

This fella is welcome back, IMHO, but let's start again and engage like equals.

How this world has changed thanks to the internet

Last edited by a moderator:
True, you can dish out a personal insult to another poster and after he replies, just remove the insult bit. Wouldn't get away with that in the past would you.

I haven't removed anything the mod did ... I'm happy to use the word Gay it holds no fear or boundaries in my life

I haven't removed anything the mod did ... I'm happy to use the word Gay it holds no fear or boundaries in my life

It wasn’t that you used the word gay, that’s never a problem. It was the way you used it that was the problem. Insinuating a derogatory link between something and a section of society, be that on the basis of race, disability, gender or sexuality is all equally wrong.

Personally, it didn't really bother me, in truth. I wasn't offended in the slightest. Didn't take it too seriously.

Made me laugh.

I thought I'd walked into The Wheeltappers & Shunters Social Club!

Last edited:
Back on topic, it’s all gone a bit quiet on the assistant manager front hasn’t it? Was the talk of Dean Austin just based on rumours on here or was this mentioned in the media anywhere?

I guess the transfer window and any changes SCP might want to make is the priority though. That one is time limited. I’d love to see one player come in this week but I’m beginning to think that if there is any action it’ll be be next week.

He inferred it, in truth, but it was quite clear he wasn't endorsing that it was a good move for us. A simple "Powell wasn't the right fit for Huddersfield, but hopefully will work out for you guys" and he'd be welcomed aboard and we could have had an interesting debate about the whys and wherefors of a Powelly team.

Shame, really, as I'd have been interested in picking his brains a bit, but there you go.

Agreed, we see this one slightly differently 'Leo' and happy to park it here, mate.
I've nothing against Southend, I offered my opinion and then someone said something about us getting relegated this season. I also never called Southend a little club, it wasn't so long ago that we used to play each other season after season. Chris Powell almost ruined my club and yes we got lucky with David Wagner but when Wagner came in it showed just how bad Powell had been at our club. I might have been ****ing on your bonfire a bit and for that I apologise. But the cheap digs about Huddersfield were a bit petty and also trawling the web for previous posts by me? Pick my brains all you want about Powell, I experienced his reign at Town. He might be better at Southend, a club he has a clear allegiance with and hopefully he does, but he was terrible at Huddersfield Town and that is what I was relaying.

I've nothing against Southend, I offered my opinion and then someone said something about us getting relegated this season. I also never called Southend a little club, it wasn't so long ago that we used to play each other season after season. Chris Powell almost ruined my club and yes we got lucky with David Wagner but when Wagner came in it showed just how bad Powell had been at our club. I might have been ****ing on your bonfire a bit and for that I apologise. But the cheap digs about Huddersfield were a bit petty and also trawling the web for previous posts by me? Pick my brains all you want about Powell, I experienced his reign at Town. He might be better at Southend, a club he has a clear allegiance with and hopefully he does, but he was terrible at Huddersfield Town and that is what I was relaying.

I’m sure he tried his best and you wish him well.

Thanks for clarifying how you feel, and for the apology. On the day of Chris Powell's appointment it probably wasn't your brightest move to come on here and unload, hence you should have expected responses you got. Anyway, as Andy T has said, we welcome posters from other clubs provided they don't troll. As for Powell's capability as a manager, we have also seen views from Huddersfield and Charlton supporters which differ from yours, but its all about opinions. As a club, and as a fans board, we are very happy to have Chris back and we are looking forward to success with him in charge. Good luck to Huddersfield for the rest of the season by the way.

Back