• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who cares how experienced he is or who's more experienced than the other, we should play our best 2 centre backs. Younger players are easier and more available to get on loan than older ones. This lad sounds promising, and he has experience at this level.

http://www.player.cu-fc.com/latest-...1024155300/page/0/name/bolger-pleased-to-sign

Don't know whether this will work............Cian's interview with BP when joining Colchester. If you have BP it works for all clubs, I think. There shouldn't be any problem with him here.........he speaks the same language as BBBC, so he'll be able to translate to the rest of the squad. He played his first game for Ewes, against Peterboro (and got a yellow card!), I'm gonna watch that now.

He went straight into the Colchester team and played 90 minutes in all four league matches of his loan period. He got yellow cards in his first two appearances and during his stay they beat Peterboro', drew against Rotherham and PNE and lost to Swindon.

Just what we need, big presence who will hopefully be an asset at set pieces too.

Has anyone ever seen him and Iwan Thomas in the same place though?..

Good news, but what I don't understand is why we gave Thompson a permanent deal. At our level, surely you sign players who add something to the team. Not players who, as soon as they get in the first XI, you need to loan someone in to replace. We should have thanked him, shaken his hand, and sent him back to Watford.

Good news, but what I don't understand is why we gave Thompson a permanent deal. At our level, surely you sign players who add something to the team. Not players who, as soon as they get in the first XI, you need to loan someone in to replace. We should have thanked him, shaken his hand, and sent him back to Watford.

We have 2 central defenders who are fit, one of those is injury prone. Thompson is young and still improving, will become a regular in a couple of seasons. Loanees are temporary fixes for clubs who can't afford to have 2 or 3 players for every position.

so are you saying that we shouldnt have any squad players.......

Because Thompson is someone who is young, will improve in the right environment and increase in value. Look at Leonard or Prosser, two players who were very young when we signed them, but are now the backbone of the side. We can't afford to be purchasing 11 finished products, we have to look for players who need work but will improve.

And as for Bolger, no one was crying out for experience when Dervite or Morrison were loaned in.

Because Thompson is someone who is young, will improve in the right environment and increase in value. Look at Leonard or Prosser, two players who were very young when we signed them, but are now the backbone of the side. We can't afford to be purchasing 11 finished products, we have to look for players who need work but will improve.

And as for Bolger, no one was crying out for experience when Dervite or Morrison were loaned in.

I agree with what you are saying . However I have always seen something I liked in prodded from day one, and I am not surprised by his progress. I don't see positives with Thompson. I know he was highly rated and I will be very happy fir him to prove me wrong.

This signing is good news. Phillips and Thompson have looked less than secure in the centre of defence. Could well be the key signing of the season. Lets hope the new guy does well.

Throw the big bulger upfront with BBBC , if we are losing 1 nil today, with 5 mins to go , they can share the craic , and terrorize the Yorkies. Seriously though good news and hope he has a great stay. Personally thought Phillips played well against Hartlepool, better than Thommo, who is still learning but lacks a bit of pace. Phillips could be our top scorer for February ? Wouldnt surprise me ,as I predicted a maximum return of 6 points for the 5 games, seeing a dip in form and a turn of fortunes on heavier pitches on the cards. We are still going up though and will win today.

Anyone ever seen him play?

A lot of people will have done - he played the 90 minutes for Bristol Rovers against us at their place a couple of years ago - the game where Eastwood made his second debut.

Back