• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clement Freud - another to add to the paedophile list?

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Stories this morning that Clement Freud abused two girls, one of whom lived with his family from the age of 14. His widow has "apologised", which suggests she accepts this as fact. Links also apparently being suggested to the McCanns as he owned a villa in the town where Madeleine went missing....needless to say the media whore McCanns are "horrified" to discover Freud was, apparently, a paedophile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36535263

The fact that his wife doesn't defend him seems to me that she was at least partly aware of what was going on.

The fact that his wife doesn't defend him seems to me that she was at least partly aware of what was going on.

That's not how I read it. It says to me that she accepts they're not lying, but doesn't imply that she knew anything about it.

It makes me angry that many of these high profile abusers (alleged or otherwise) are being identified after they are dead & can't be held to account for their sick actions.

People are understandably frightened to come forward whilst they're alive for fear of reprisals.

Not exclusively but there seems to be a lot of it in "privileged" backgrounds.

True - money and the old school tie can buy silence, but I'm sure it's just a very warped view of the world and children shared by a small percentage of rich & poor of every nation.

And his son, a PR executive, worked for the McCanns? Coincidence?

At face value that does seem strange, but apparently CLements wife can prove that her husband was in the UK when Maddie went missing and apparently he was friends with them.

Stories this morning that Clement Freud abused two girls, one of whom lived with his family from the age of 14. His widow has "apologised", which suggests she accepts this as fact. Links also apparently being suggested to the McCanns as he owned a villa in the town where Madeleine went missing....needless to say the media whore McCanns are "horrified" to discover Freud was, apparently, a paedophile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36535263

it doesn't surprsie me to see that phraze being used, but although we have never met , you are the last person I thought I would see use it on here. Genuinely really surprised and disappointed

it doesn't surprsie me to see that phraze being used, but although we have never met , you are the last person I thought I would see use it on here. Genuinely really surprised and disappointed

I am sorry to have disappointed you, however, I make no apologies for using the phrase.

media whores is perfectly acceptable.

Lets be fair they know exactly what happened to her but that's not going to make them lots of money is it

Whore may not be the most accurate term to use, but they've profited from the sale of the family silver! I dare say the truth will out once the McCanns die!

As for Freud, not shocked by it, especially with his links with Cyril Smith. There are more revelations to come out about others. They will all be dead when it comes out, but that's how corrupt that world was.

Behave mate they are media whores they know more then they are letting on and we have wasted tax payers money on a goose chase!!

My one year old daughter could do a better job of child care!

You leave my old blue treacle alone

Behave mate they are media whores they know more then they are letting on and we have wasted tax payers money on a goose chase!!

My one year old daughter could do a better job of child care!

You leave my old blue treacle alone
where as your response was exactly what I expected

Back