• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Southend United Football Club has today issued the following statement with regards to an incident in the corporate areas on Saturday:
I write to offer my and the Club's sincere apologies for the difficult circumstances that arose on Saturday when two box holders' guests behaved badly causing a great deal of distress for supporters seated in the black seating area.

The circumstances were that the boxes were let to Virgin Media on the understanding that the occupants on the day were to be a mixture of Southend United supporters and Leicester City supporters and assurances given by Virgin Media that they would behave. As events turned out the two boxes were occupied by Leicester City supporters only. Stewards advised both box holders again on the day that occupants must behave, not drink in sight of the pitch and refrain from making profane and derogatory remarks.

It was clear as time went by that these requests were ignored despite several reminders and requests to behave. Instead of asking those box occupants to leave, running the risk of more serious disorder, it was decided to control the situation by putting more security in the box and removing all alcohol. Unfortunately this took some time to resolve.

There were other boxes that had been reserved for Leicester supporters where their behaviour was impeccable and emails have today been received thanking the Club for the service that they were given. But the decision has already been taken that in future boxes will not be sold to opposition supporters.

I am sorry that this situation arose and you have my assurances that it will not happen again.

Yours sincerely

Geoffrey King
Chief Executive

Sorry if it has been posted already, couldn't find it in any crowd trouble, Geoffery King, or any other threads.

Back