• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo this, can't see him being a regular here next season being behind Bolger, Barrett and Thompson in my view. Would prefer us to get someone in the Dervite mould who can dominate in the air as well as being good on the floor.

You are CP and I claim my £5

Who wasn't young, hungry or pacy, make your mind up what you want. Maybe your time would be better spent helping your boy Jason look for a new club.

Anybody on this forum is entitled to their opinion whatever it may be, and whether we agree or disagree with it.

They should not expect to have personal insults aimed at them for doing so. In any case what gives you the right to mention her family within your outburst? And you have even named her son.

mrsblue may not want her family circumstances made public, and it is unfair for you to have done so.

A public apology is required imo.

Anybody on this forum is entitled to their opinion whatever it may be, and whether we agree or disagree with it.

They should not expect to have personal insults aimed at them for doing so. In any case what gives you the right to mention her family within your outburst? And you have even named her son.

mrsblue may not want her family circumstances made public, and it is unfair for you to have done so.

A public apology is required imo.

That post went right over your head Im afraid.

MrsBlue doesnt have a son called Jason for starters...

If he was that good he would be brought back in though.

He got injured but then when Thompson and BWilliams got replaced we chose two other defenders ahead of him, and lets face it Bolger wasnt at the time impressing too many people, yet he still got the chance before Luke (and did well).
That's a little unfair. Brown has consistently chosen a left footed player and a right footed player when that has been possible, so he was very unlikely to choose Prosser for the right side. The last time he played a left footed defender on the right was BW as a Sun right back. That went so well that BW was not on the bench for the next game.

Again, you're confusing two issues. What has that got to do with the reason CU have signed 4 players and we haven't? You simply don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but are making assumptions that are negative where there are just as many positive reasons.

Again, for clarity, I have no idea what the reasons are. The difference is that I'm not basing my opinion on the perceived quality of previous signings because that simply doesn't prove anything in terms of reasons we haven't signed anyone.

Let's not also forget we only finished our season 2.5 weeks ago whereas most teams finished 5.5 weeks ago. In fact I've just done a google search on transfer news for the other 5 play off finalists:

Norwich:Nothing in. Gary Hooper may be leaving
Middlesbrough:Nothing
Preston:Jermaine Beckford signed, but that's no different than Barratt re-signing for us
Swindon:Nothing
Wycombe:Nothing

It seems we're no different to them...

Swindon have lost their two CM's to QPR......

I think he'll go, with his new side picking up whatever we owe him in signing on fees.

There's not much between him and our other centre-halves, but if we're going to try and play from the back then he's the odd man out.

Currently on the books we have players who collectively scored 25 goals last season.Player contracts are expiring and as yet we have nothing.

Chill. Almost every footballer in Europe is currently sunning themselves on a beach somewhere and not thinking about football. There will be more general activity towards the end of the month and into July.

Chill. Almost every footballer in Europe is currently sunning themselves on a beach somewhere and not thinking about football. There will be more general activity towards the end of the month and into July.

Yep the players will be sunning themselves knowing their agents are busy beavering away fixing them up with another club.

Name me the last forward we signed on a perm contract ?Excluding Barney .

Asking irrelevant questions and being selective with the stats, yes you have gone full parody now!

:hilarious:

Don't rate him, never have.... Improved massively to be fair but he is basic and as you go up the leagues you need to retain possession. Think we have offered him a fairly basic deal which if he signs we are happy with as cover but doubt we see him as a starter. He is not good enough on the deck, offers little or no attacking threat and I am 100% sure we can do better.

Hope he goes as we can then look for a new center back rather than keep wheeling him out. No surprise our best runs in the last two season came when he was out long term.

Good servant but cheerio.

Every poster here assumes the decision is whether WE want to keep Prosser rather than HE wants to be kept. I rather suspect he'll be after first team football (wouldn't you be) and when PB can't guarantee him that he'll look at offers elsewhere.
Cambridge seem to be gearing up for a bigger challenge next year, so that may prove more attractive than relocating to the West Country.

At a general level, whilst we clearly want to keep the nucleus together, adding a few new faces and ideas is never a bad thing. With that considerd, I'm surprised PB hasn't let a couple more go so he can get a couple more in.

And all this panic about no signings when we don't play a competitive game for 2 months - some people really need to get a grip, especially those who have been spectacularly and vocally wrong before

If the choice was only Prossers he cant do anything about it, he is contracted.

That's a little unfair. Brown has consistently chosen a left footed player and a right footed player when that has been possible, so he was very unlikely to choose Prosser for the right side. The last time he played a left footed defender on the right was BW as a Sun right back. That went so well that BW was not on the bench for the next game.

So why didnt he choose him over Barrett?

He isnt first choice however you want to look at it.

Back